Jump to content
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Recommended Posts

FWIW I just feel sorry for AJ just now. He's lost two of his best players in this window and had no say in either. It's up to the board to support him now to get the required players in.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

 

We must move on my choice of a replacement would be Jamie McDonald  but he will probable be out of our budget .

This window has been a disaster.

 

Well he's probably still better than any of us ever were but move on??? Bringing another player back years down the line hardly progressive and forward looking still its 2020 queens we follow 

Even money it'll be bell 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Lose and we are 7th, 3 points off 9th (and a side who appear to doing a fair bit of strengthening into the bargain).

We're weaker than we were a fortnight ago I don't think it's negative to be concerned right now. Top 4 isn't even in my mind.

Queens are not Languishing in mid table. They are well placed in the table given their  2 games in hand over a couple of other mid table teams after tonight.

Concerned is one thing...... Negative is another.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Queens are not Languishing in mid table. They are well placed in the table given their  2 games in hand over a couple of other mid table teams after tonight.
Concerned is one thing...... Negative is another.
 
If things stay the way they are tonight we are as close to 10th as we are 4th and closer to 9th than those two. Midtable in this league is pretty much the area where final prize money is the only relevant thing and that's 5th-8th place. All midtable sides currently have 25pts. We're clearly midtable. We have games in hand and I'd rather it was us than our opponents but it doesn't mean points.

Again, we are now weaker than we were before the window so if being concerned equates to being negative then being positive surely equates to being delusional.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Russ said:

I wonder if Cammy Bell might be of interest for youse. Sure he’s from Dumfries and he’s very much our 2nd choice now. Probably one of our higher earners so if he can get himself a club then I doubt we’d stand in his way.

Also more than welcome to take Ian McShane at the same time.

Mods, please.

I'd take Bell back if hes fit. Anyone know if Jamie McDonald is available?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My understanding is that he would be available.  Whilst he has played for Killie and Alloa this season, his loan deal at Alloa is an emergency loan which gets extended on a weekly basis. Due to the nature of the loan, it exempts him from the normal 2 clubs per season FIFA rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Aye, any clarification would be great. Might be talking complete shite (for a change).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

 

Jamie MacDonald has played for two clubs. He can't play anywhere else this season.

 

 

14 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

My understanding is that he would be available.  Whilst he has played for Killie and Alloa this season, his loan deal at Alloa is an emergency loan which gets extended on a weekly basis. Due to the nature of the loan, it exempts him from the normal 2 clubs per season FIFA rule.

 

1 minute ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Maybe Skyline Drifter could confirm this or otherwise? 

WOOOOOOOSH

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If things stay the way they are tonight we are as close to 10th as we are 4th and closer to 9th than those two. Midtable in this league is pretty much the area where final prize money is the only relevant thing and that's 5th-8th place. All midtable sides currently have 25pts. We're clearly midtable. We have games in hand and I'd rather it was us than our opponents but it doesn't mean points.

Again, we are now weaker than we were before the window so if being concerned equates to being negative then being positive surely equates to being delusional.

The word Languishing is my issue. This means no chance of progression.

 With 2 games in hand Queens are in a better position than the other mid table sides. 

you look at it one way, I chose to look at it another.

its A cup half empty or half full thing.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, lowland star said:


Fantastic post you lead by example. Northfield weeredbook please listen to a poster who talks sense

Clapper .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

The Joe Thomson situation was different because Celtic wanted him training and playing for a full time club .

I can see no benefit for McCorie playing for Livi rather than us he will  be doing exactly the same job okay he is playing against and with better players but he is a goalkeeper wherever he plays 

We must move on my choice of a replacement would be Jamie McDonald  but he will probable be out of our budget .

This window has been a disaster.

 

Jesus, there is about ten folk already pointed out MacDonald cant play for a third team in a season. Budget is irrelevant (& if he is in Alloa's chances are he is in ours).

And the very very obvious benefit is facing better players every week at a better level. Still think it is a slightly surprising move given he cant face Rangers and cant play in the Scottish Cup but the benefits are also obvious for him and Rangers. He wont be facing Edouard and Griffiths etc in the Championship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, Rob1885 said:

Aye, any clarification would be great. Might be talking complete shite (for a change).

You are. He isnt allowed another club. Trust me on this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Jesus, there is about ten folk already pointed out MacDonald cant play for a third team in a season. Budget is irrelevant (& if he is in Alloa's chances are he is in ours).

And the very very obvious benefit is facing better players every week at a better level. Still think it is a slightly surprising move given he cant face Rangers and cant play in the Scottish Cup but the benefits are also obvious for him and Rangers. He wont be facing Edouard and Griffiths etc in the Championship.

In my opinion it is a risk putting such a young keeper under more pressure at this time.

If he has a bad time over the next few months his confidence is going to be shot to bits. Not great for a keeper.

At Queens he could have a full settled season where he is getting valuable game time at a level he is comfortable at. Keeping his confidence sky high.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, SueSue said:

In my opinion it is a risk putting such a young keeper under more pressure at this time.

If he has a bad time over the next few months his confidence is going to be shot to bits. Not great for a keeper.

At Queens he could have a full settled season where he is getting valuable game time at a level he is comfortable at. Keeping his confidence sky high.

 

Are you his mum? 

I'm sure he's big enough to cope with playing in the Scottish Premier league every week. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Win our games in hand 2-0.2-0 we're equal 3rd loose 1 of them we're still well ahead of morton on gd. To many teams on 25 to see us even dropping to 8th in any rush 

Player wise it's looking tricky 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's a separate argument of course, but I don't like the rule that enables a club to loan a player out to another in the same division they play in.

I think it's wrong in a few ways over and above how it's currently costing us.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

More importantly, are we signing Jamie MacDonald or not?

Apparently he might have maybe possibly played for a hat trick of clubs already this season. Someone would need to confirm though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 19QOS19 said:

More importantly, are we signing Jamie MacDonald or not?

I was surprised nobody had discussed the possibility earlier in the thread. 

Well done for bringing it up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you lot do sign Stewart, then good luck ffs. He's pretty average, and he's prone to a good few mistakes too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...