qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

33 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
37 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:
Signing news imminent.... emoji106.png 

For the love of god, please be an AM! If I had to hazard a guess I'd go with Liam Brown as his name has been mentioned frequently.

Don’t think Liam Brown will get an offer.

He has been around for quite a while by all accounts and seems not to be doing enough to get anything.

5 minutes ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Faissal El Bakhtaoui rumour doing the rounds 

Fingers crossed. Would be a very good signing.

They probably would if they had enough people to do so but  it’s an impossible job for one groundsman. 

Would you or anyone else like to offer their services ..? 

No mate, I pay my money every game and think the least I should expect is an area not surrounded with birdshit. If you think it's acceptable unless you clean it yourself then more fool you. If the club are quick enough to have a pop at the fans for the situation maybe they should work on their own shortcomings as well.

That's a mental signing, scored no goals from open play in the league last season, signed to replace Nicky Clarks goals and it was his lack of goals that arguably got AJ the sack. 

http://www.qosfc.com/news-4655

Was also heavily rumoured as one of the bad apples in the dressing room. 

Edited by Grant228

El Bak was woeful last season any time I saw him. If he does sign hopefully he finds some form alongside Dobbie, though I think that would be harsh on Oliver. I'd still rather another midfielder though.

I am happy to reserve judgement on El Bak.

Obviously there is a decent player in there. There will be the usual posts of his ex teams support saying how shite he was. That’s par for the course ( pun not intended)

Would very much hope the midfielder needed will be in place before the league game away at Ayr.

Very happy to share this with whomever it's relevant to share to:

Certainly a good player in there somewhere, methinks the lad's just down on his luck. Hope he and Dobbie work well together... unless you're playing us.

I felt the style of play last season didn't suit him, he's still got quality in there. It was if AJ tried to use him as a target man last season. 

I still think if you get him in form then you'll have one of the best players in the division.

8 minutes ago, SueSue said:

Obviously there is a decent player in there.

That's not obvious at all, otherwise he wouldn't have spent most of the summer as an unpaid free agent after several years of pretty disastrous showings. 

1 minute ago, virginton said:

That's not obvious at all, otherwise he wouldn't have spent most of the summer as an unpaid free agent after several years of pretty disastrous showings. 

It is obvious to poster before you virginton.

Who, I would imagine has seen the lad play more than you week in week out.

I am happy to reserve judgement.

A signing that smells of desperation to me. A standout in League One with a certain striker playing alongside him in the majority of matches but was awful last season.

I’ve not seen anything from him to suggest he can perform above League One level.

Hope he does well (apart from being on the losing side tomorrow!). 30 goals from open play when we won League One cuts him enough slack from me to excuse last season. 

8 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I am happy to reserve judgement.

Except that you haven't though: 

Obviously there is a decent player in there.

That's a crystal clear judgment right there. 

Just now, virginton said:

Except that you haven't though: 

That's a crystal clear judgment right there. 

Of course I haven’t seen him live. Why would I living in Chesterfield?

That’s why I will reserve judgement. 

I will also base my opinion on supporters who have seen him week in week out unlike you.

Faissal was lost without John Potter keeping him right. Maybe once Jack Ross gets punted from Sunderland AJ will recruit Potter, Faiss will get his Mojo back and Queens will have a 90 goal a season strikeforce

Hope he does well. He can be very frustrating to watch but he can also be exciting to watch with good movement, delicate touches on the ball and the ability to beat the defender with a bit of skill. He may *need* someone like Dobbie alongside him a lot of the time though.