qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Heard this week that Keltie Hearts have a budget of a million pounds a year for the next 7years for buying players. They may not have to use it of course ,therefore it will last longer. 
They out waged Falkirk in pursuit of a player, they own their own bus as well as two mini busses, Ferguson is on a four figure a week wage and also drives a club owned vehicle. 
What chance have we got, never mind lowland league clubs? 
That is crazy... But remember what happened to Gretna and we are still here. And we will be around a lot longer than Kelty Hearts...

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

We can't wait till the end of August we could be bottom of the league we need players now  but as always it is all to do with money something we don't have a lot of .

hewitson has plenty off money .

Why is it always the boards fault how is it not our fault the fans meaning are we expecting too much have we lived the dream for 10 years . May 2008 we took over 15000 to a cup final we now average less than 1400 Home fans roughly 800paying £18 per game 400 paying a £10 200 less than a fiver approx £19400 per game x18 home games £349200 a season if you divided by 18 players it averages £19400 per player ( yes I know players are on more and on less per year ) but there are appearance money and win bonus to be paid as well . The club are trying hard to make money away from a home Saturday . We have very loyal fans who dig deep all the time to support club which is fantastic and it would help the club if the away fans turned out in similar numbers to what queens fans take to away games . Queens money problems are similar in 75% of clubs in Scotland. My main wish is we could develop home grown players but this is so hard due to the lack of help in funding a good youth system this is not just down to the club but how sfa want clubs to develop players and how they want to help which is very little
I am confident Alan and sandy will deliver a decent team and football that is worth watching starting with 3 points on Saturday

12 minutes ago, lowland star said:

Why is it always the boards fault how is it not our fault the fans meaning are we expecting too much have we lived the dream for 10 years . May 2008 we took over 15000 to a cup final we now average less than 1400 Home fans roughly 800paying £18 per game 400 paying a £10 200 less than a fiver approx £19400 per game x18 home games £349200 a season if you divided by 18 players it averages £19400 per player ( yes I know players are on more and on less per year ) but there are appearance money and win bonus to be paid as well . The club are trying hard to make money away from a home Saturday . We have very loyal fans who dig deep all the time to support club which is fantastic and it would help the club if the away fans turned out in similar numbers to what queens fans take to away games . Queens money problems are similar in 75% of clubs in Scotland. My main wish is we could develop home grown players but this is so hard due to the lack of help in funding a good youth system this is not just down to the club but how sfa want clubs to develop players and how they want to help which is very little
I am confident Alan and sandy will deliver a decent team and football that is worth watching starting with 3 points on Saturday

good evening billy

1 minute ago, lowland star said:

At least I now know what section I can put you in under the title of negative idiots with 3-4 others on pie and bovril have a good evening

i am not negative . i am truthfull hewitson has plenty money but decides to use it elsewhere .  i dont expect miracles but 15 players in a squad is not enough .

We can't wait till the end of August we could be bottom of the league we need players now  but as always it is all to do with money something we don't have a lot of .

Can't see us turning such a situation around with only 96 points available to play for right enough.

9 hours ago, dumfriesblue said:

i am not negative . i am truthfull hewitson has plenty money but decides to use it elsewhere .  i dont expect miracles but 15 players in a squad is not enough .

He may have plenty of money but is there someone willing to put in more money who he is keeping out?

If not then we're in no position to complain about how much of his fortune he chooses to pour away into what is a loss making enterprise. 

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

11 hours ago, dumfriesblue said:

Dont know if you are aware that the chairman doesn't in fact own the club and is only in this position due to being elected 

I cannot stress enough how enjoyable I find it supporting a team who have the ability to show up and win 3 zip or lose to the same scoreline, beauty of the south.

4 minutes ago, abc2019 said:

I cannot stress enough how enjoyable I find it supporting a team who have the ability to show up and win 3 zip or lose to the same scoreline, beauty of the south.

I’d probably find it more enjoyable if they lost the latter ability tbh.

Just now, Dougie Mills said:

I’d probably find it more enjoyable if they lost the latter ability tbh.

Completely understandable, I just enjoy the unpredictability side of things. Allows me to have a good moan one week and clear the system, and then enjoy a relaxing pint following an unlikely win the other.

2 hours ago, abc2019 said:

Completely understandable, I just enjoy the unpredictability side of things. Allows me to have a good moan one week and clear the system, and then enjoy a relaxing pint following an unlikely win the other.

Totally agree.

I genuinely don't understand OF fans. I could not enjoy supporting a team that ought to win each week.  The whole point of sport is that it's competitive and unpredictable.

It is all about to kick off!

Just 2 days to go until the new league season kicks off. Queens first league game is away to Arbroath on the 3rd August.

Queens first home league game is the following weekend at home to Dunfermline on the 10th August. 

It is time to get ready!!

So get your fixture card, season tickets, latest Queens football top, plan any match sponsorships or hospitality and mascots packages for games. There is also Queens summer soccer camps to get the kids into and don’t forget the Arena can do your football birthday parties! Plan now for the season ahead and support the team.

Super poster by QOS Hub. Sponsored by Queens Trust.

C31123BF-C3FE-42BC-8409-09D8BF1205EA.jpeg

19 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:
22 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Can't see us turning such a situation around with only 96 points available to play for right enough.

Falkirk fans said that last season after a bad start look what happened to them .

Look like we are going with what we have for Saturday going to be very difficult to get a result 

3 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Falkirk fans said that last season after a bad start look what happened to them .

Look like we are going with what we have for Saturday going to be very difficult to get a result 

Watching their highlights against Alloa gives me great hope. 

Mon the South! Wishing the team and manager best of luck for the season ahead. Starting with a positive result today. 

Going to be a very difficult season very Inpressed with both Dunfermline and Dundee last night ..

You can see that both clubs budget is on a different level to us you get what you pay for.

The crowd over 5000 we can only dream of crowds like that I suppose that is why we struggle to sign decent players 

5 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Going to be a very difficult season very Inpressed with both Dunfermline and Dundee last night ..

You can see that both clubs budget is on a different level to us you get what you pay for.

The crowd over 5000 we can only dream of crowds like that I suppose that is why we struggle to sign decent players 

Its also about getting the best out of what you have. Dundee were very poor in the 1st half but a change in the set up changed things. Dunfermline were impressive 1st period but not great when Dundee got in about them.  We don't have the depth of squad but our football in most of the game at Greenock does give me hope  Result today will be good and we will see how we look next Saturday when Dunfermline visist  Two wins for me