3 5 2

McCorrie

Brownlie    Semple    Kilday

Mercer                                                Holt

Pybus

Murray        Paton

Hamilton                  Oliver

No Kidd at all, not even RB

Hopefully 4 more like AJ said. With dobbie out that is a must for me. That bench yesterday was worrying.

Last seasons draw at Morton lead to a 4th/5th place league position going into the New Year.
A January tampering of the squad and a bit of moaning up to that point that the squad was on the light side put pay to what was a small but competitive squad.
At present we don’t even have a small squad. 2 or 3 more and this seasons small squad will be complete.

The Trust required 7 to join to reach a membership of 250  and now The Magnificent Seven have all saddled up and joined the Queens Trust to give us the Super 250! Thank you so much to you all!

8E4EE266-6CFB-4D9F-924A-7CD2AF349B01.jpeg

26 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

Erm sort of but also what we wanna see Saturday

I just think as a more attacking wing back then Mercer gets it.

I like a back three as it gives us 3 6ft plus defenders and another 6 footer with Holt.

Although if we every get a keeper who commands his six yard box that would be the biggest bonus of all ......

11 minutes ago, SueSue said:

I just think as a more attacking wing back then Mercer gets it.

I like a back three as it gives us 3 6ft plus defenders and another 6 footer with Holt.

Although if we every get a keeper who commands his six yard box that would be the biggest bonus of all ......

Hopefully there is more to come from McCrorie been disappointed with him so far he just seems to be easily beaten wonder how many shots he has actually saved and his kicking is not the best hopefully with more games he will get better but as of now he is no better than Martin .

22 minutes ago, JTulip said:

The Trust required 7 to join to reach a membership of 250  and now The Magnificent Seven have all saddled up and joined the Queens Trust to give us the Super 250! Thank you so much to you all!

8E4EE266-6CFB-4D9F-924A-7CD2AF349B01.jpeg

Congratulations JTulip its gonna be some effort to beat that target next year. 

3 defenders were here last season and we shipped goals from crosses yet already the new goalkeeper is the problem

4 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

3 defenders were here last season and we shipped goals from crosses yet already the new goalkeeper is the problem emoji38.png

Having a keeper who does not command his 6 yard box doesn’t help.

Having said that, let’s blame the 3 defenders that were hear last season. 

Maybe it is the defenders that can’t defend. Maybe it’s the keepers that can’t come and take a cross.

That was my first game this season and I was a bit apprehensive with Dobbie missing ,Semple back sooner than I expected, new keeper and nearly a new team. Only constant being our magnificent away support and they didn't let me down. I thought first half we played some really nice passing football and the lad Pybus looks promising, I like a midfielder who can add a bit of bite but he tired late on. Hamilton won a lot of high balls and I think when he links up with Dobbs we could have decent partnership. Murray has come on a lot and Oliver showed promise. This keeper could be a great signing he can come off is line smartish as he did in the first half and he will handle cross balls as well. Unfortunately he struggled with corner kicks but today's game must be a nightmare for young keepers. Every man and his dog are in the box and it means man marking has to include our smallish out field players, so its panic time. Just a suggestion but why not leave 3 of our small ones up front that means the opposition need to hold back 4. Would leave a bit of room and let the big keeper have a bit of room to work with. I thought the back line and the keeper show great promise and if we do better shutting down crosses and handling corner kicks, as we will, then I think we could have a decent season.  Great final 20 mins with the crowd responding to the efforts of the players and a draw at Morton this soon was a decent result.