qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

2 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

This stuff again?

I can't imagine that the Social Media thing makes much difference.  We are run as a small-time outfit because we essentially are one, with only 1500 people sufficiently interested to pop along each fortnight.  

As long as that sign on Lochfield Road (which won't make much difference either) is maintained, I'm happy.  Well done to those that bother with any voluntary contributions.

37 minutes ago, JTulip said:

It absolutely makes a difference. It’s why advertising is the massive business it is. People see so much advertising every day there are lots of attractions/causes all pulling for peoples attention. If you don’t appear in front of people eyes and form a connection with them you will easily get forgotten.

I think MTs question is an interesting one, but maybe the question is about whether or not it makes a significant difference to crowd numbers.

Honestly, Im not convinced it does.

As JTulip said, though, social media is incredibly important in terms of getting peoples attention and forming a connection. Theres massive room room for improvement in that sense and promoting matches is part of that attention and connection, but Im not convinced it adds significant numbers to the crowd

Edited by Mr X

See in the press today that ex St Mirren, Ayr and Queens striker Stewart Kean has signed for his local amateur club Drongan Utd. Still getting the boots on at 36 years old

1 hour ago, Sankasouthy said:

See in the press today that ex St Mirren, Ayr and Queens striker Stewart Kean has signed for his local amateur club Drongan Utd. Still getting the boots on at 36 years old emoji106.png

I'm afraid that all that man will ever mean to me is 'the player who was picked ahead of Dobbie for Europe'. I'm getting angry again, just thinking about it.

I don't think social media will attract significant numbers onto your attendance, you're not going to bang another 500 on top but it's not entirely the point, it's a fantastic tool for the fans you have just now. 

I've spent the past 5 and a bit years down in England and the social media output by Dunfermline, in conjunction with the official website has been good enough to keep me in the loop, as such when I come up I've not "lost it" and moved onto other hobbies. 

It's short termism to only consider that if it doesn't bring in more fans it's not worth it, it helps keeps existing fans. 

34 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I don't think social media will attract significant numbers onto your attendance, you're not going to bang another 500 on top but it's not entirely the point, it's a fantastic tool for the fans you have just now. 

I've spent the past 5 and a bit years down in England and the social media output by Dunfermline, in conjunction with the official website has been good enough to keep me in the loop, as such when I come up I've not "lost it" and moved onto other hobbies. 

It's short termism to only consider that if it doesn't bring in more fans it's not worth it, it helps keeps existing fans. 

Pretty much exactly what I said. I dont like you agreeing with me, dont do it again :P

6 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

No Dobbie . . . We are doomed. At least semple back in the squad. Here is hoping for a win Mon the South!!

A big miss but I think we're better covered for instances like this than last season with Murray and Oliver available.

4 minutes ago, Alex Nesovic's Barmy Army said:

Injured?

Hamstring again,  hearing it'll be 6 weeks out. 

If true we absolutely need another striker in.

Hamstring again,  hearing it'll be 6 weeks out. 

On ‎21‎/‎07‎/‎2019 at 13:29, JessieField said:

Was Dobbie subbed because he was injured?

So now we know he apparently was. I'm happier to know he's injured and hasn't been tapped up (from Motherwell) for a transfer.

Another goal lost from a corner and another from a daft penalty.  We started by putting pressure on them but we've dropped back as the half went on. 

Aye 9 goals conceded in 3.5 games. Thats desperate considering its probably on paper a stronger part of the team.

Are we allowed to worry or is it still too early in the season?

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Are we allowed to worry or is it still too early in the season?

Huge blow that Dobbie is out for 6 weeks ..

At the other end we are still giving away cheap goals how a defender can't mark someone at a corner I just don't no and we just give away pens.

We are a poor team who has now lost its best player unless AJ can somehow get at least 3 quality signing in then we are in deep trouble before before we even start the league .

Strange for me to say but I am very worried about Queens this season 

Watch out or folk will be whining at you as per usual. I agree with this tbh its true.

Huge blow that Dobbie is out for 6 weeks ..
At the other end we are still giving away cheap goals how a defender can't mark someone at a corner I just don't no and we just give away pens.
We are a poor team who has now lost its best player unless AJ can somehow get at least 3 quality signing in then we are in deep trouble before before we even start the league .
Strange for me to say but I am very worried about Queens this season