Jump to content
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Recommended Posts

 
I am trying to be light hearted for goodness sake !!!
The point being made is that Queens first two performances  have not been good but it is certainly on a par with quite a number of clubs that could be argued should certainly be doing better given the resources afforded to them.
Jessie has his opinion and you have yours but on this particular point I am on the side of Jessie.
 
I'm well aware of the point he's making and I'm countering his point with mine. That's what a messageboard is bud ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Not slaughtered but certainly disagreed with. The result wasn't my concern on Tuesday, the performance was. We were comfortable in the first half then somehow managed to blow a 2 goal lead to a side 2 divisions below. I've said it already but Annan were very poor, it's not as if they upped their game in the second half. We clearly went to pieces. It doesn't matter how early in the season it is, that's unacceptable and quite clearly AJ thinks the same thing given his interview. FWIW I'm glad he was clearly fizzing because I'd be raging if his attitude was "oh it doesn't matter, we have players to come in anyway, give us a break".

 

Yeah but all those other teams with shite results didn't perform amazing and just be unlucky. They also would have put in dodgy performances, so the point we're not alone still stands. There can be many reasons for shit performances. We don't know the reasons. But potential things like fitness, asked to play a different way they're not sure of, poorer communication, nerves etc can all be easily attributed to having a new team, so I agree with those who say there's no reason to panic.

Edit: and what would panicking achieve anyway? We're not gonna get a new manager, bigger budget, fewer seagulls. So panicking won't achieve much good, but optimism might actually.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I'm well aware of the point he's making and I'm countering his point with mine. That's what a messageboard is bud ;)

And I am countering your opinion with mine    Bud !!!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jesus wept, we all support the same team don't we. I think the Dumbarton result will be quite telling especially if the result does not go our way. A good performance is required as well as the result. I'm hoping that these first two games is just the squad struggling to gel together but also hoping that it will, and soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If I remember rightly last year Hearts had a poor start in the league cup (results and performance) and were slaughtered by their fans and then improved in the league. Would rather get these performances out the way now and hopefully learn from them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sneeuq said:

If I remember rightly last year Hearts had a poor start in the league cup (results and performance) and were slaughtered by their fans and then improved in the league. Would rather get these performances out the way now and hopefully learn from them.

The squad that we have just now is just not good enough.We need to add at least 4 players but not crap like Michael Paton he offers nothing Kidd is not much better amazed he scored a pen .

We have to many players who won't make anything happen in a game pass it back dont take anyone on .

Somehow we have to get some pace into the team everything is so slow 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

The squad that we have just now is just not good enough.We need to add at least 4 players but not crap like Michael Paton he offers nothing Kidd is not much better amazed he scored a pen .

We have to many players who won't make anything happen in a game pass it back dont take anyone on .

Somehow we have to get some pace into the team everything is so slow 

 

Absolutely spot on .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brighter note tonight Queens played better against Motherwell last Sat than Morton have tonight that's  for sure. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighter note tonight Queens played better against Motherwell last Sat than Morton have tonight that's  for sure. 



Win for Queens the morn puts us 2nd in group and more importantly puts the early season bed wetters negativity to sleep for a bit

Mon the south

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



Win for Queens the morn puts us 2nd in group and more importantly puts the early season bed wetters like northfield and their negativity to sleep for a bit

Mon the south

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Brighter note tonight Queens played better against Motherwell last Sat than Morton have tonight that's  for sure. 

Maybe Motherwell struggled to gel in their first game. 😉

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Must admit that result tonight is slightly encouraging 😄

Edited by ALOREBURNE

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Margaret Thatcher said:

So panicking won't achieve much good, but optimism might actually.

I'm intrigued by this bit.  How might optimism achieve some good?

If I thought it could help, I'd give it a try.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, ALOREBURNE said:

Must admit that result tonight is slightly encouraging 😄

What has Motherwell winning 4 nil  against Morton got your do with us.

We should just worry about our own results and trying to get 4 quality signing in if not we are in for a very poor season  this season already reminds me of the Gus season players signing for Queens who can't get a deal anywhere else 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brighter note tonight Queens played better against Motherwell last Sat than Morton have tonight that's  for sure. 


It’s almost as if you played Motherwell with home advantage rather than at Fir Park, where you’d have got a similar bleaching if not worse.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

What has Motherwell winning 4 nil  against Morton got your do with us.

We should just worry about our own results and trying to get 4 quality signing in if not we are in for a very poor season  this season already reminds me of the Gus season players signing for Queens who can't get a deal anywhere else 

 

 

Shut up 😴 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I'm intrigued by this bit.  How might optimism achieve some good?

If I thought it could help, I'd give it a try.

My partner is a singer. It's not the same as football but both are performance professions. When she gets bad reviews, or her directors are negative, or a crowd is unwelcoming, she has to actively make sure that doesn't affect her performance. Naturally, that is a part of the job, and she is fine almost all of the time, but she and our squad are all humans and capable of being affected by these things. When it has been rough for her and no-one has said anything too critical and she gets space to grow, she always turns it around. When she gets good reviews, it makes her glow and her singing even better! Bit of a random thing to say on a football forum, and she is probably at a higher level than Queens in their respective disciplines, but I think the principle is the same. Gotta trust people a little bit to get it right and then offer praise when it's due. The likes of Mercer, Murray and Dobbie (first time) have all stuck in an improved in their time with us, and the likes of Pybus and McRorie (sp) have said they want to do that.

Edited by Margaret Thatcher

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, virginton said:

 


It’s almost as if you played Motherwell with home advantage rather than at Fir Park, where you’d have got a similar bleaching if not worse.

 

Don't think so it took Motherwell till the 70thmin to get first goal, A penalty that should never have been given then 2 last min goals as Queens went for an equaliser... Time will tell tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...