qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

GARY NAYSMITH admits Queen of the South need defensive help. The Doonhamers have lost Darren Brownlie to a cruciate injury for the first half of the season. Motherwell kid Adam Livingstone could join on loan, with gaffer Naysmith also eyeing a mystery New Zealander. He said: "Motherwell have high hopes for Adam and he has joined in with some of our pre-season so we can get a look at him. "A contact of mine has said a New Zealand Under-20 international is coming across to the UK to try and secure a professional contract. He is 6ft 4in tall and sounds the part, so I am keen to get him in to have a look"

1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

GARY NAYSMITH admits Queen of the South need defensive help. The Doonhamers have lost Darren Brownlie to a cruciate injury for the first half of the season. Motherwell kid Adam Livingstone could join on loan, with gaffer Naysmith also eyeing a mystery New Zealander. He said: "Motherwell have high hopes for Adam and he has joined in with some of our pre-season so we can get a look at him. "A contact of mine has said a New Zealand Under-20 international is coming across to the UK to try and secure a professional contract. He is 6ft 4in tall and sounds the part, so I am keen to get him in to have a look"

Does he have Australian links ?  Wonder who'll offer to put him up in digs?

1 hour ago, Dumfries Boy(new acc) said:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hunter-ashworth/profil/spieler/400790 Certainly fits the bill

33 minutes ago, Hawk said:

Does he have Australian links ?  Wonder who'll offer to put him up in digs?

Bet I'm no the only one tempted with a reply to that.

7 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Ross Fergusson leaves link.

Interesting to see where he ends up, the lad's got a lot of potential IMO.

Surely we have at least another 2 strikers lined up!! 

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Thats a blow. Left us short of striker cover. Who is going to come in knowing they will be 3rd choice?  

2 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

I`m disappointed by that and agree he had some potential. Squad looks very lightweight. Hope the loan market proves to be fruitful.

Thats a blow. Left us short of striker cover. Who is going to come in knowing they will be 3rd choice?  

I am surprised at that I must say. From the player's perspective it is not as though he has 4/5 strikers ahead of him in pecking order. Perhaps full time football isn't for him and good on him if he has come to that conclusion.

I must be honest and say that he didn't really give me the impression that he was a young player destined to make the grade but I haven't really seen enough of him to form a strong view either way. He certainly looked the part physically but I could never quite make up my mind what his striking attributes were.

It will be a blow to Club and GN because having to replace a cheap local option potentially with a player looking for a proper FT wage will eat into budget.

We have some quality but squad is threadbare and if we encounter our usual typical list of unexpected injuries we will be in trouble.

37 minutes ago, Rjc-1988 said:

I am surprised at that I must say. From the player's perspective it is not as though he has 4/5 strikers ahead of him in pecking order. Perhaps full time football isn't for him and good on him if he has come to that conclusion.

I must be honest and say that he didn't really give me the impression that he was a young player destined to make the grade but I haven't really seen enough of him to form a strong view either way. He certainly looked the part physically but I could never quite make up my mind what his striking attributes were.

It will be a blow to Club and GN because having to replace a cheap local option potentially with a player looking for a proper FT wage will eat into budget.

We have some quality but squad is threadbare and if we encounter our usual typical list of unexpected injuries we will be in trouble.

I was looking forward to a slow passing of the torch in dykes and fergusson beginning to lead the line. That obviously wont happen now but as you say its a shame we have lost local talent early again. 

2 minutes ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Didn’t enjoy playing under GN. Much like many young players I assume, considering the only one who remains is Owen Bell.

Leighfield and Murray are young players and are still there. 

Didn’t enjoy playing under GN. Much like many young players I assume, considering the only one who remains is Owen Bell.
Hmmm, I'm not sure you have an argument there. Marshall, Leighfield, Murray, Dykes, Mercer, Thomas and Thomson are all 23 or under and don't appear to have an issue playing under GN. Todd was probably still 23 when GN approached him to sign as well. If anything he's worked predominantly with younger players since coming in.

Disappointed to see Fergusson leave and wish him well. I doubt he was every going to be a 20 goal a season striker but I was impressed with his link-up play. We absolutely need another striker on board now.

Ferguson was a cheap option for the squad, wad never going to make championship fulltime standard if being truthful, gooduck to the lad tho for his future whatever path it takes. Replacing him will cost the club more money. But to have any chance next season (centenary) we need to spend a little more and attract better quality of player, we aren't that far away yet could be miles away just as easy..... 

After a very busy few days the Queens Trust is currently at 141 members. The draw for 4 Queen of the South FC season tickets is tonight. Last season at the draw we had 147. Not to late to join. Join today and help us reach last years total and be in with a chance of winning! 

Thank you to everyone that has already joined for their support!

54652B7E-8937-4971-9D58-1FC14A2ED685.jpeg

Edited by JTulip

13 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure you have an argument there. Marshall, Leighfield, Murray, Dykes, Mercer, Thomas and Thomson are all 23 or under and don't appear to have an issue playing under GN. Todd was probably still 23 when GN approached him to sign as well. If anything he's worked predominantly with younger players since coming in.

Disappointed to see Fergusson leave and wish him well. I doubt he was every going to be a 20 goal a season striker but I was impressed with his link-up play. We absolutely need another striker on board now.

The argument last season was that senior players refused to work with Naysmith.  So as long as all our new signings are between 25 and 30 we should be fine.

3 hours ago, NM_1919 said:

Gary McKenzie been told he can leave st mirren. Would go pick him up and bring him to palmy myself

It's looking like GN is going to use the League Cup as friendlies to find the players he needs to strengthen the side. Disappointing, but what else can he do?