Jump to content
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, 19QOS19 said:

I thought he looked a bit unfit for us but even then he showed in glimpses he was capable. With a full pre-season behind him I'd expect a sharper player. I'd be more than happy if he signed.

This. I said during the Dundee Utd game that I'd be quite happy with 8 of that 11 starting next season, with (a fit) Martin in goal and a new centre half and right back. 

1 hour ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

Falkirk release Tom Taiwo, Paul Watson and Peter Grant amongst others. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if we signed any of these 3

I'd take pre-injury Peter Grant but if Falkirk have released him maybe thats an indication that he's not likely to return to that level :( Taiwo is a bit too similar to Jacobs but if we cant get Thomson he might be a decent signing. No to Watson though

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'd take pre-injury Peter Grant but if Falkirk have released him maybe thats an indication that he's not likely to return to that level  Taiwo is a bit too similar to Jacobs but if we cant get Thomson he might be a decent signing. No to Watson though

 

With respect pre-injury Peter Grant would be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship. He was never the quickest however he has lost even more pace and his distribution is poor.

 

Watson can be excellent then throws in a howler. TT would tackle his granny but is injury prone and won’t give you anything going forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

 

With respect pre-injury Peter Grant would be playing at a higher level than the Scottish Championship. He was never the quickest however he has lost even more pace and his distribution is poor.

 

Watson can be excellent then throws in a howler. TT would tackle his granny but is injury prone and won’t give you anything going forward.

Yes, he would. I should probably have said "anywhere near that level".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dont know his Contract situation but would welcome Gary Oliver back in Queens colours especially now that uncle Jim has lost his job at Morton. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, QOS1919 said:

Sincere apologies Monkey Tennis, it seems you were correct and that the away shirt is that of Dumfries FC and not KOSB as myself and QOS stated,  this is from the historical kits website Twitter account.

 

Historical Kits @HistoricalKits 33m33 minutes ago

 
 

@OfficialQosFC Loving the new claret/amber change strip here at HFK Towers but this was not worn by 5th KOSB as stated on your website. These were the colours of Dumfries FC who merged with KOSB & Arrol-Johnstone to form QoS in 1919.

Ah right.

I must admit that I was guessing in the first place - I just knew the colours were familiar from the early clubs.  Either way, it looks like a nice kit.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, QOS1919 said:

Sincere apologies Monkey Tennis, it seems you were correct and that the away shirt is that of Dumfries FC and not KOSB as myself and QOS stated,  this is from the historical kits website Twitter account.

 

Historical Kits @HistoricalKits 33m33 minutes ago

 
 

@OfficialQosFC Loving the new claret/amber change strip here at HFK Towers but this was not worn by 5th KOSB as stated on your website. These were the colours of Dumfries FC who merged with KOSB & Arrol-Johnstone to form QoS in 1919.

Can you show the KOSB kit. I'm on the work computer and it wont let me go though the link. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if someone on here could give me a bit of feedback on Joe Thomson? What kind of player he is etc and if he is rated by you's lot.

Cheers!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I was wondering if someone on here could give me a bit of feedback on Joe Thomson? What kind of player he is etc and if he is rated by you's lot.

Cheers!

Very average player. Wouldnt give him another moment's thought if I were you. Couldnt get a game for Livi.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Currently out on deployment with the navy and been reading a few books, When charlie miller had left Brisbane Roar he was training with Rangers he fully expected to sign with them but it is believed David Murray Vetoed it, however he was good mates with kenny Brannigan and he was going to sign for Queens (after traing with us for a bit) he said he was offered £500 a week but the day before he signed Kenny had to phone him and say that we couldn't afford another player on £500 a week (it was Davie Rae that pulled the plug on this deal) found this quite interesting as he was a good player when fit.

Also in Archie Knox auto biography Ian Durrant  said he was interviewed for the Queens job and he believed he had it in the bag and he was going to bring Archie Knox in as his assistant i would have liked to see how that experiment would have worked. This was before he took the job at Dumbarton i believe! i wonder if this was when Fowler left or possibility Skelton anyone got any ideas or any other wee stories.

 

Found these small bits of info quite interesting as i have not heard anyone mention these story's before 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Stelios demetriou 27 year old full back released by Buddies. Would he be worth considering? 


He's probably the worst LB I saw this season. The fact he managed that in a Championship winning side speaks for itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Very average player. Wouldnt give him another moment's thought if I were you. Couldnt get a game for Livi.

Can back this up - average and greets when he has to sit on the bench. :D Queen's should take him back for another season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, ICTPAISLEY said:

I was wondering if someone on here could give me a bit of feedback on Joe Thomson? What kind of player he is etc and if he is rated by you's lot.

Cheers!

Mods please

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Dont know his Contract situation but would welcome Gary Oliver back in Queens colours especially now that uncle Jim has lost his job at Morton. 

:barf

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oliver is a strange one, works hard and can look a player but historically nowhere near prolific enough as far as goal scoring goes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Stelios demetriou 27 year old full back released by Buddies. Would he be worth considering? 

Good championship player our manager nicknamed him The Maverick for good reason he made a few mistakes but did much much more good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Worth considering. Great going forward and scored a few excellent goals for St Mirren. Championship is his level and could, if signed by us, become a cult hero at Palmerston also.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...