qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

2 hours ago, JessieField said:

What kind of injury has Alan Martin got anyway? Has his leg fell off? (I'm sure he first got injured away back in August, I've seen players with a broken leg come back quicker!)

He has had three different injuries.

33 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

He has had three different injuries.

That sounds absurd for a goalkeeper who's not played that much.

Was he injury prone before he came to us?

Huge gamble now keeping Naysmith  ...Do we keep him in the hope that we improve next season or sack him now  The problem with that he has another year to go so would cost the club a lot of money to get him out  .

In today's Sun they have a story about Chris Doig who is assistant manager at Shrewsbury would someone like him do a better job .

It can't be a easy job being the Queens manager with the budget he had but look at what can be done with a similar budget at Livi with the right man in charge 

If he re-sign Rankin I'll be picking and choosing my games next season. I'm completely fed up with the shite we're being dished up. I can appreciate we are never going to be a club battling at the top and we've been spoiled for the last decade or so but expecting our defence to be able to mark isn't exactly a big demand.

I feel we'll be stuck with Naysmith next season as we probably can't afford to sack him. Ideally the chairman would sack them then step down himself. We can but dream.

Surely we will have a clear out with Rankin 1st out the door

3 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

If he re-sign Rankin I'll be picking and choosing my games next season. I'm completely fed up with the shite we're being dished up. I can appreciate we are never going to be a club battling at the top and we've been spoiled for the last decade or so but expecting our defence to be able to mark isn't exactly a big demand.

I feel we'll be stuck with Naysmith next season as we probably can't afford to sack him. Ideally the chairman would sack them then step down himself. We can but dream.m

5 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Surely we will have a clear out with Rankin 1st out the door

Hopefully Rankin will hold it open, for the huge queue ...........and then close it behind him .

I feel we'll be stuck with Naysmith next season as we probably can't afford to sack him. Ideally the chairman would sack them then step down himself. We can but dream.

If that were to happen then which games you would you choose to attend? Next season looks like it could be tougher than this so just wondering how you would choose.

After todays woeful display i would only keep dobs and thomson

Sell dykes to hearts and free all the rest including naismith

22 minutes ago, Weewull said:

After todays woeful display i would only keep dobs and thomson

Sell dykes to hearts and free all the rest including naismith

What makes you think Thomson will want to sign for Queens?

Today was dire. A three hour return journey to watch infantile defending is not something I am anxious to repeat anytime soon. I have tended to back Gary Naismith and his assistant as putting a good, competitive full time team out with our resources is no easy task.  What is losing Gary support is the fact that he was an international defender, and a good one, yet he can't manage to get through to our back four how to defend. The same errors week in. Watching him and Dougie in the dugout today one could clearly see their frustration at players either incapable or unwilling to follow instructions. But it is down to him to sort it. 

Watching him and Dougie in the dugout today one could clearly see their frustration at players either incapable or unwilling to follow instructions. But it is down to him to sort it. 

I wasn’t there today. But I’m recalling the away game at ICT where Naysmiths instruction to the defence from the touch line was “Get f****ing organised!”. Now I’m no expert but that doesn’t sound like the most constructive advice you could give a failing defence.

If that were to happen then which games you would you choose to attend? Next season looks like it could be tougher than this so just wondering how you would choose.

Well if it's the same rubbish next season both on and off the pitch I'll decide from fortnight to fortnight if I'd rather put money towards the circus or if I'd rather spend a Saturday afternoon doing something more enjoyable with my family.

Undecided about Naysmith but not sure switching managers is really going to be the answer. The fact that we’re in contention for a play off place up to a couple  of weeks ago  is not bad going (esp with current crowds and resources). He’s also been a bit unlucky with injuries and has managed to get a few good loan players in. However a massive problem for me is that some of the football has just been plain boring and the players don’t seem to be giving their all. Not sure how many matches I will actually attend next season and there’s been a quite a few matches this season that I’ve ended up finding something else to do.

With one home league game remaining, we have four wins so far.

How does this compare historically for Queens?  I think it's already been said that the Gus home record was better.  I'd imagine that the couple of great escape ones would have wound up better too.  How many home wins did we manage in the infamous 1988/89 season for instance?

It's weird in that we've had plenty worse seasons overall.  There really can't have been that many worse Palmerston ones though.

We have possibly the most talented player in the league.  The poor guy must wonder what he has ended up in. I have lost count of the times I have been at Palmerston to see him as the sole target man ,  shoved out towards the wing and expected to chase around  after lump balls from the back four or hopeful forward passes from an under-powered midfield. He must be having serious second thoughts about next season.