qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Yes must have been under a thousand home fans today.
Hardly surprising bitterly cold and only 4 wins all season.
I’m only going out of habit.

Wtf kind of name is Tiime?

It’s not meant to be Tume with an umlaut (2 dots) above the u? Means dark haired in Estonian apparently.

22 minutes ago, steakpiegravy said:

It’s not meant to be Tume with an umlaut (2 dots) above the u? Means dark haired in Estonian apparently.

Is he not ginger ? .

I think we should all leave the Victoria and Lyndon nonsense alone now. Lyndon doesn't need any of this, the boy will find it really hard to concentrate on his football.
Let the cousins be happy and move on.
True. Lets focus on the absolute nonesense we have to witness on the pitch.

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Ferguson is a good example the boy gives his all but I can guarantee that he won't score goals it is like having a younger version of Dykes both just can't score goals  .

Was pleased to see Ferguson in team today but disappointed he was playing wide  most of the game. I thought his strengths were holding the ball up, playing others in and had good pace in previous matches. I saw none of tis today

Dreadful fall off in home support this season with only 852 in attendance today. Does the manager take any responsibility for this?

Really enjoyable night at the SLO's Meet the Manager night last night.  As always the manager and Dougie Anderson spoke very well, and gave very honest answers to any questions put to them.  It was nice to see a more relaxed Gary Naysmith as he recounted tales from his playing career with Scotland and Everton.

After that it was time for the Geordie trio of Paddy Atkinson, Steve Bowey and Warren Pearson to take over the microphone and share a few stories.

I think the SLO's have a bit of a thankless task attempting to get more fans on board, but they are doing a cracking job at least trying to make things better for those of us that do go with nights like last night, and getting a bit of fan engagement going with the banners and pre-match song choices.

Their next event to commemorate our run to the cup final sounds like it will be a cracker as well.

Keep up the good work lads :thumsup2

What is the latest on Dobbie injury. I hoping he fit for Tuesday but if not then Saturday. I travelling up for Livi game and the drive will be a lot better knowing he fighting fit and ready. 

17 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Really enjoyable night at the SLO's Meet the Manager night last night.  As always the manager and Dougie Anderson spoke very well, and gave very honest answers to any questions put to them.  It was nice to see a more relaxed Gary Naysmith as he recounted tales from his playing career with Scotland and Everton.

After that it was time for the Geordie trio of Paddy Atkinson, Steve Bowey and Warren Pearson to take over the microphone and share a few stories.

I think the SLO's have a bit of a thankless task attempting to get more fans on board, but they are doing a cracking job at least trying to make things better for those of us that do go with nights like last night, and getting a bit of fan engagement going with the banners and pre-match song choices.

Their next event to commemorate our run to the cup final sounds like it will be a cracker as well.

Keep up the good work lads :thumsup2

Interesting ,but not surprising that "the pitch is shit " .

What is the latest on Dobbie injury. I hoping he fit for Tuesday but if not then Saturday. I travelling up for Livi game and the drive will be a lot better knowing he fighting fit and ready. 

It was a surprise it took as long as it did for that question to be asked last night!

They hoped he will be back for Livi. Tuesday is probably too soon.

It was a knock to the knee rather than any ligament damage etc. So nothing too serious.

Just now, palmy_cammy said:

It was a surprise it took as long as it did for that question to be asked last night!

It was a knock to the knee rather than any ligament damage etc. So nothing too serious.

Oh excellent. I hope Lyle starts as well on that Saturday. It might be my last chance to see him in a queens shirt. If, big miracle if now, we make the playoffs I try come up the road but Saturday looks like my last game this season. 

4 hours ago, overthetop said:

Dreadful fall off in home support this season with only 852 in attendance today. Does the manager take any responsibility for this?

The St Mirren supporters was under 1000. So if it was say 888,  then 1014 Queens fans. Still not good.

8 hours ago, palmy_cammy said:

Use the old junior trick ,bandage up the good leg :thumsup2

Albeit we weren`t exactly a thrilling watch I think Kane and Kerr both being recalled to St Johnstone was a significant blow to us. That of course is the risk you have in relying on loan players. Kane in particular seemed to have hit some decent form and we`ve missed his goals, pace and workrate. Kerr was decent defensively and was a decent goal threat too.

19 minutes ago, Coventry Saint said:

Repost from the Saints thread - we are currently eight points better off than Hibs were this time last season.

2VurE4L.png

Pinched from the St Mirren thread where it was used to highlight their remarkable turnaround.

From our perspective I suppose it shows things perhaps aren't quite as bad as made out.  We are three points better off than at this stage last season, and with a game less played.  We are a place lower in the table, but are closer to fourth place than last season.  Goal difference is marginally better.

I suppose all it really confirms is that Naysmith hasn't take us backwards, but he hasn't taken us forwards either.

17 minutes ago, palmy_cammy said:

Pinched from the St Mirren thread where it was used to highlight their remarkable turnaround.

From our perspective I suppose it shows things perhaps aren't quite as bad as made out.  We are three points better off than at this stage last season, and with a game less played.  We are a place lower in the table, but are closer to fourth place than last season.  Goal difference is marginally better.

I suppose all it really confirms is that Naysmith hasn't take us backwards, but he hasn't taken us forwards either.

You can’t really use the points total or goal difference as a comparison given that 9 of our points and 6 of the goal difference have come against Brechin.