qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Oh they are not. That's a ridiculous comparison.

Were you  not a fan of Bannigan SD? 

That was a very interesting read from Weatherston. 

Just now, Grant228 said:

Were you  not a fan of Bannigan SD? 

That was a very interesting read from Weatherston. 

Not particularly. I got on fine with Brannigan as an individual but he's never a football manager. Should never have been put in charge of anything. He's a decent enough coach but can't deal with anything away from the football pitch and largely admits so himself. His dealings with the press were embarrassing throughout his time in charge of us. And he very much did criticise individual players by name publicly on several occasions, including Weatherston who was slated for a lack of desire and not wanting it enough due to his family background. Comparing him to Naysmith in that respect is scandalous.

I liked David Weatherston as a player. We probably weren't all that fair with him in his departure from the club. He was unlucky in that he was one of many out of contract when Brannigan was leaving the club and we were in financial crisis. There was a general willingness on all sides for him to stay on and then the new manager Gus McPherson didn't fancy him much and took a potential contract off the table. But he'd done well for us, even if mostly off the bench. His game was all about pace back then and he was dogged by persistent hamstring injuries which made it difficult to get a real run in the team. It's good to see David seems fairly settled and comfortable in his life now and settled in Norway. I see he's decided to give up football for the time being and if that's what makes him happy then good for him.

He was unlucky in that he was one of many out of contract when Brannigan was leaving the club and we were in financial crisis.

Looks like we're heading that way now as well.

Will have to be a squad made up of young players next season with just 3 or 4 experienced players .

We just can't give the same budget to Naysmith next season .

Will have to be a squad made up of young players next season with just 3 or 4 experienced players .

Source ?

57 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

You are an absolute bed wetter. 

Great. More reason to read your constant moaning on here about GN.

3 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Great. More reason to read your constant moaning on here about GN.

Queens lost £102,000 last season that just can't go on anymore  .This season will probable not be much better think for once I have something to moan about .

We just can't continue with those losses so the player budget will have to be cut unless the board has some amazing money making plan will hear all about it on Monday at the A.G.M  

You'll get plenty of responses from QoS fans after leaving us out of your 2nd question...

8 hours ago, 19QOS19 said:

You'll get plenty of responses from QoS fans after leaving us out of your 2nd question...

Indeed. Happy to fill this out but you really need to include us forza....

Edited by louisxiv

League 1 & League 2 Clubs in England have signed a deal enabling them to broadcast a live stream not only to foreign viewers but UK based viewers also.

Is this a good or bad thing? Overall I’m not sure.

Would such a service be beneficial to us if the Scottish league does the same? It’ll probably continue to affect away attendances (I think the foreign streams already do,) but would a few of the fans who can’t be areas to turn up shell out a few quid to watch in their living room?

37 minutes ago, BIGdavieT said:

League 1 & League 2 Clubs in England have signed a deal enabling them to broadcast a live stream not only to foreign viewers but UK based viewers also.

Is this a good or bad thing? Overall I’m not sure.

Would such a service be beneficial to us if the Scottish league does the same? It’ll probably continue to affect away attendances (I think the foreign streams already do,) but would a few of the fans who can’t be areas to turn up shell out a few quid to watch in their living room?

I would subscribe to such a service. What' the price to subscribe to argue 1 + 2 clubs per season, do you know?

57 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I would subscribe to such a service. What' the price to subscribe to argue 1 + 2 clubs per season, do you know?

Whatever it is, it's not going to be especially comparable. We're talking about far smaller fan bases and generally smaller travelling distances with no capacity issues either.

Financially such an arrangement will never be beneficial to us as a club unless possibly it's a "home club gets all the income" arrangement. If we could potentially stream our home games to visiting St Mirren, Falkirk, Dundee United, etc fans then it may have some mileage, though even then the investment in it would be questionable and there's no guarantee you could actually get volunteers to produce it.

If the away team can sell the games to their own fans (which is what happens at the moment with foreign streams) then it would be hugely counter productive to us. All it will encourage is less visiting supporters from bigger sides who can afford to send their own tv teams down the road. There's never in a month of Sundays enough of a market for us to make money doing it in the other direction without the whole thing being underwritten by volunteers and sponsors.

Unless as SD says we got all the money from our home games then I reckon it would kill us. We struggle with crowd numbers as it is. Can you imagine what the numbers would be on a wet December night if folk could instead watch in the comfort of their own home?

A PPV service at £16 a go would be the only way I'd be remotely content with such a thing.

30 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

Unless as SD says we got all the money from our home games then I reckon it would kill us. We struggle with crowd numbers as it is. Can you imagine what the numbers would be on a wet December night if folk could instead watch in the comfort of their own home?

A PPV service at £16 a go would be the only way I'd be remotely content with such a thing.

I would bite your hand off for that. I coming up for the Livingston game in March it' costing me just shy 200 quid for overnight and the game so to still put money into the club and see the games would be fantastic for me. This sort of thing has come up a few times and I just showing my support to such a venture. A lot of work and effort would go into such a service and I for one would appreciate it greatly. 

I would still come up for games as well because you can't beat being at the game. 

22 minutes ago, Doonhamer doon south said:

I would bite your hand off for that. I coming up for the Livingston game in March it' costing me just shy 200 quid for overnight and the game so to still put money into the club and see the games would be fantastic for me. This sort of thing has come up a few times and I just showing my support to such a venture. A lot of work and effort would go into such a service and I for one would appreciate it greatly. 

I would still come up for games as well because you can't beat being at the game. 

Even for folk like me who live in the. Central Belt getting to home games is often tricky. I’d happily pay £16 to watch home games live on TV.  If, of course, it led to a decrease in income for Queens it would have to be discarded as an idea. Would it though? If Palmy was a short drive or walk away i’d take it every time over TV coverage but there must be folk out there who don’t want to suffer actual weather who might buy in...

Not for me. If it was to go ahead then I'd worry about our attendance for home games. Everything's online or made easy for people to be lazy these days, whatever happened to the days where you'd meet your pals for a beer and actually go watch the game, whatever the weather is. Too many people would rather sit at home and watch Soccer Saturday than go to an actual game of football. Sad times.

I remember one day I cycled from Moniave to watch Queens play and I fell off my bike over half way so I abandoned my bike and walked the rest with cuts on my knees and arms with ripped jeans. I'd do that all over again rather than watch the Queens game at home.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Pie and Bovril mobile app

There will be consequences for losing over 100k. You cant just lose that amount of money and accept it! We may not be in real difficulty yet, but if we keep losing money like this we soon will be. The question is what can we do to attract fans? What can we do to make money? I thinking letting kids in free when with a paying adult would be a step forward. Could hand tickets out to schools with the hope the kid pesters the parent into going. They might get the bug and be a supporter for life! Who knows. We could raise the price for matches abit. I dont think it would make much difference to crowd. They either want to go or dont. To me the club feels abit of a Glasgow inbred! The players are mostly based in the central belt and mostly train in the central belt. Wouldn't it be great if our players and training were based here and the players could engage with fans and try and entice more to come. If not they could travel from places like Carlisle, Newcastle and Glasgow to Dumfries because afterall we are a Dumfries club! People make the effort to move to Inverness so know reason they shouldn't move to the Inverness of the south. Most will disagree with this no doubt. Im hoping the King George pitch is redone and we can be based their. I also feel we could have more fundraising events ie auctions, raffles for things like signed shirts and maybe something exciting like the chance for fans to play alongside former players but only the highest bidder gets the places.