qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

There is a 72 inch TV in caverns which does show football. You have to get a table close to the bar area to catch the football though. It's a great pub for food and beer and fantastic service.

On 16/11/2017 at 12:04, Skyline Drifter said:

We'll be in the 'Advanced Youth' Level one below the 'Performance Level' Dundee, Queen's Park and Morton are at. No idea why the SFA have missed that level off their press release. As MT says, the criteria for Project Brave are way, way out of our reach. Far bigger clubs than us have conceded it's not realistic. We were on the bottom level of the Club Academy ladder too. It doesn't stop us actually producing the odd decent player. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment until we see how it's all going to work but I don't think anything will fundamentally change for us. As far as I know we'll be running the same three age level squads we currently do and our youth funding levels are guaranteed for the next few years.

Criteria not out of reach if the board were ambitious in terms of youth development and if they had someone of suitable knowledge and drive to move it forward. Current set up doesn’t have a full time member of staff in place to drive it forward like most clubs do.  Most youth / community set ups now have charitable status. Queens aren’t serious enough about either if you compare to other clubs.  Only people at queens paid full time in community / youth are Eddie warwick and Danny Armstrong.  Neither have experience or knowledge to drive this forward like other clubs do. 

What is the timescale on when Dan Carmichael will be fit.What is his injury .

Fordyce is going to be a big miss probable our best defender think he will be out for a few weeks.

I presume it is the same groin injury that Carmichael picked up at Hibernian but the club are not saying how long he will be out for.

Criteria not out of reach if the board were ambitious in terms of youth development and if they had someone of suitable knowledge and drive to move it forward. Current set up doesn’t have a full time member of staff in place to drive it forward like most clubs do.  Most youth / community set ups now have charitable status. Queens aren’t serious enough about either if you compare to other clubs.  Only people at queens paid full time in community / youth are Eddie warwick and Danny Armstrong.  Neither have experience or knowledge to drive this forward like other clubs do. 

What other clubs are you comparing us against?

Dan Carmichael will more than likely never play for Queens again. This has nothing to do with injury.

7 hours ago, MONKMAN said:

Dan Carmichael will more than likely never play for Queens again. This has nothing to do with injury.

You can't say things like that unless you can back it up with the reason he won't play for Queens again..

This Manager is not up to the job and - if he persists with his chosen methods -  will not deliver top 4 which I guess is his remit.

The sooner he goes the better let's not wait until he formally fails.

He has failed already by serving up unattractive so-called football week after week on a regular basis which is driving people away.

We have had 3 chances to break in to that top 4 this week and have taken none of them.    2 points and 2 goals with 2 home games in there is hugely disappointing but not at all surprising.  

I seem to remember we had a similar opportunity last season and blew that as well.

He is unable to get the best out of the players at his disposal.   

I have said many times before everything  about him is negative and I believe that  influences the players  in the same way.

Well and truly gone are the good old days of seeing off Hibs, Rangers and Falkirk in the same week !

We have players who are proven goalscorers yet we are not scoring freely because he does not set up to create chances.

I have still to work out exactly why James Fowler was binned but I suspect it was because of moans and groans like this and potentially falling attendances over the style of football on offer.

Fowler though was still better than the present incumbent and tried  to play football the right way even when faced with the adversity of losing more than half of his best players and his repalcements  being beset with injury.

So carry on as you are Mr. Naysmith and you will end up going the same way - hopefully sooner rather than later -  if the Board are consistent in their approach and criteria for success.

I guess I can take the short term pain if it leads to longer term gain.

Something that really sums him up - Aidan Smith scored again for Annan today, a young player already with Championship experience and who has scored goals at that level and who has pace to burn which would complement Lyle and Dobbie and benefit the team as a whole yet he would rather persevere with the likes of Dykes and Fergusson who are more of a physical presence yet cannot finish.     Fergusson should have been sent at the start of the season and Smith retained.   Something he now seems to have realised.

4 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Smith had pace but that was all .Massive difference scoring goal in League 2  compared to the Championship.

Is it? You sure wouldn't know it the 3 games we played against Montrose. The boy is only 20 and banging them in. He impressed me aswell as many others with his impact and to release him just tells you everything about Naysmith's ability to judge a player. Fans would love to see talented Dumfries born players make the grade at the club and he was released far to early. I feel the same way about Brotherston who again impressed during some cameos. 

34 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Is it? You sure wouldn't know it the 3 games we played against Montrose. The boy is only 20 and banging them in. He impressed me aswell as many others with his impact and to release him just tells you everything about Naysmith's ability to judge a player. Fans would love to see talented Dumfries born players make the grade at the club and he was released far to early. I feel the same way about Brotherston who again impressed during some cameos. 

Montrose are a handy side and even then I wouldn’t sign any of them and think they’d be an upgrade. So why would someone who is scoring largely against the weaker sides and a high number of those being penalties be any better? 

The decision to let him go was right for both parties.  If he actually does prove good enough then fair play but let’s not kid ourselves that he would have been a regular if we kept him.

Edited by Sloop John B

20 minutes ago, NOTS said:

Aidan Smith always seemed to score against Rangers.

Twice. He scored twice against Rangers. Which is twice more than he scored against anyone else for us right enough but hardly indicative of "always".

Personally I think Aidan had hung around our reserves and bench long enough. He wasn't going to gain any more out of staying there. And I don't think he was quite ready to be starting at our level. For all he'd been training full time for 4 seasons, he's still only 20. He'd already had an effective whole season on loan at Annan and whilst re-signing him and sending him out on loan again might have been an option (with absolutely no guarantee he would have agreed to that), he's probably as well out playing every week for Annan now. It's clearly working well for him at the moment. If he continues to develop and improve maybe he'll end up back here. He certainly wouldn't be the first player to go away and come back. 

You can't say things like that unless you can back it up with the reason he won't play for Queens again..

I can say whatever I want. If he plays for Queens again I’ll stand corrected.

I can say whatever I want. If he plays for Queens again I’ll stand corrected.

Northfield it's genuinely know why Danny won't play again for the club or be it any club