qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Great that we have DOBBIE back but I hope Queens still sign another 2 players as J.T. has said.Wonder if we could get another 2 ex players back on loan ?

Would have loved a winger in before the weekend also but who can moan when we've signed the messiah back. Going by reports he looked very sharp in training.

I expect us to shape up 4-2-3-1 Saturday like we did at thistle with maybe dobbie playing closer to lyle.

Robinson

Hamill dowie Higgins Marshall

Tapping Millar

Anderson dobbie Hilson

Lyle.

On ‎17‎/‎06‎/‎2016 at 18:59, JessieField said:

Come on Queens, push the boat out and have a go for Stephen Dobbie!

My dream on the 17th June! While I'm on a roll, can we have a go for Bob Harris?

My dream on the 17th June! While I'm on a roll, can we have a go for Bob Harris?

The fantasist in me did think about that as he's out of contract :lol:

On the back of this, I wonder if the club have ever considered doing a printing service with name an number on the shirts?

It could prove popular with the younger fans and I am sure there would be a commercial benefit to the club.

Edited by qos_75

On the back of this, I wonder if the club have ever considered doing a printing service with name an number on the shirts?

It could prove popular with the younger fans and I am sure there would be a commercial benefit to the club.

Pretty sure they do this service already.

1 hour ago, Rouky said:

How long has Dobbie signed for?

1 year

Listened to JT's interview, interesting that he said that Dobbie has always said he would come back and finish playing with us. It's good to know we should never have the heartbreak of him lining up against us.

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

1 hour ago, temps15 said:

Pretty sure they do this service already.

As Temps says it's available already though we don't do it on the spot, partly because it's the kitman who prints them, but mainly because we simply don't keep enough stock of letters and numbers to cater for everything. It can be done to order using official SPFL numbers / letters though given about a week or so's notice. Or Knox Sports will do it in town not using official letters / numbers.

My son is wanting a name and number on the back of his but I haven't got around to dealing with it yet.

Keep thinking there must be a catch. Surely he must have had a few offers (and no doubt for more money). Anyhow more than happy with this and hopefully it will encourage a few others to take note and encourage them to sign. Must be great for the younger ones in the team also. 

How are Sean O'Connor's knees? When are we re-signing him?

17 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

My son is wanting a name and number on the back of his but I haven't got around to dealing with it yet.

My son has been told that he wants a particular name and number on the back of his.

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

Listened to JT's interview, interesting that he said that Dobbie has always said he would come back and finish playing with us. It's good to know we should never have the heartbreak of him lining up against us.

He said at the travel club end of season dance the season he left he'd be back at Queens one day. You tend to take players saying these things with a pinch of salt, but he seemed to have genuine affection for the club and talked about having a great relationship with the fans.

His wife is buzzing on twitter

IMG-20160804-WA0005[1].jpg

Keep thinking there must be a catch. Surely he must have had a few offers (and no doubt for more money). Anyhow more than happy with this and hopefully it will encourage a few others to take note and encourage them to sign. Must be great for the younger ones in the team also. 

He's said himself that he had a few offers on the table. The only rumour I've heard regarding other clubs is that Hibs were interested. Dumfries and false rumours go hand in hand so take from that what you will.

I didn't think I could love Dobbs more than I did but the way he has spoke about our wee club the last couple of days just melts my heart :wub::wub::wub:

Yeah the fact a player so loved by our fans also appears to share our love for the club really is the best thing about the last couple of days.

He's a man of many clubs, and his achievements down south eclipse anything he did with us. So the fact he holds us dear is really great.

What a guy.

What are the requirements for a player to be inducted into the Hall of Fame? Does the love for a player count or does it come down to appearances/years served?

It's quite clear Dobbie is a QoS treasure and I can't imagine anyone would have any issues with him being inducted into our HOF. He's probably a whole generation of QoS fans' favourite player.

Even when Burns returned there wasn't anything close to this kind of excitement (Obviously not a dig at Burns).