qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Hard to take that one, my first look at Queens this season and we played really well for long periods. Very open game, we hit the woodwork at least thrice, but Thistle has a few chances too. Their subs just seemed to strengthen their team, we just sat in a bit too much near the end. Although had Hilson buried that chance, we would have been home and dry. Probably....

I am led to believe a left sided player may be returning to the club, talks to take place this week

Wullie or Dan? :lol:

9 minutes ago, Rouky said:

I am led to believe a left sided player may be returning to the club, talks to take place this week

Danny Carmichael 

If we can somehow get Danny back on loan it would be a great signing.

15 minutes ago, Rouky said:

Neither

Give us a clue then if not Dan or Willie maybe Harris back on loan.

Out of the 3 I would go for Dan Carmichael

50 minutes ago, QOSQOS said:

Hard to take that one, my first look at Queens this season and we played really well for long periods. Very open game, we hit the woodwork at least thrice, but Thistle has a few chances too. Their subs just seemed to strengthen their team, we just sat in a bit too much near the end. Although had Hilson buried that chance, we would have been home and dry. Probably....

As I said in the cup thread I think at this time of the season it was very obvious which team played 90 minutes in 30 degree heat on Tuesday and which one didnt. We just ran out of legs across the team I think. Much encouragement to be had though and very unlucky not to get the draw at least which would probably have put us through. That last minute goal may knock us out. We probably need to score a few against Stenny now. It may come down to GD compared to Motherwell, Dundee Utd, Kilmarnock, etc.

Greg Kiltie?

3 hours ago, Rouky said:

Holt from Dundee?

Thinking ahead to our league game in a few weeks, how many away fans would we need to bring in order for the terracing behind the goal to be open? 

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Thinking ahead to our league game in a few weeks, how many away fans would we need to bring in order for the terracing behind the goal to be open? 

Over 900.

Good atmosphere at the game today ,lots of singing enjoyed it apart from the score.
First real test today and I thought we done well I think lyndon Dykes will be a decent player for us this season big and strong and seems good in the air.

Any word on Anderson's injury?

2 hours ago, DUMFRIES_CREW said:

Holt

I mentioned Holt earlier, are you confirming that this is the player the Club is in talks about?

Why would Holt come back when he is a regular 1st team player at Dundee.

Kiltie is the same at Killie.

Carmichael needs games we can give him that Surely that is who we should be going for.

Gibson is just not good enough now found his level with Stranraer.

If we are dealing in rumours then it's being claimed that the goss on the street suggests that Holt's personal circumstances would favour a move nearer to the Town and also rumours that his (football) relationship with his Manager is not the best.  All rumours of course. Position wise, Holt I would say is probably the most left-sided of the names being bandied about and that appears to be the position that a lot of fans think needs strengthening.

Of the players who have left recently, and talking about the playing side only, probably Danny Carmichael's situation would suggest he is the most obvious candidate to be sent out on loan but I'm sure he has stated that he wants to stay ay Hibs, get fit and impress the new Manager. It would be a decent move for us if he was loaned out to us however.

I think you lot should just forget about Holt. Zero chance that is happening. He's first choice LB, we don't have cover in that area, we are not planning on signing a LB and if he'd had a breakdown with Hartley he'd have been austracised from the squad Harkins style (Hartley is absolutely ruthless that way).

I wouldn't mind if he did leave us because it's fair to say he's not been the best for us. I really like him and hope he kicks on, and he will have the chance to because he's 100% not leaving.

If we are dealing in rumours then it's being claimed that the goss on the street suggests that Holt's personal circumstances would favour a move nearer to the Town and also rumours that his (football) relationship with his Manager is not the best.  All rumours of course. Position wise, Holt I would say is probably the most left-sided of the names being bandied about and that appears to be the position that a lot of fans think needs strengthening.

Of the players who have left recently, and talking about the playing side only, probably Danny Carmichael's situation would suggest he is the most obvious candidate to be sent out on loan but I'm sure he has stated that he wants to stay ay Hibs, get fit and impress the new Manager. It would be a decent move for us if he was loaned out to us however.

I haven't heard any rumour of Holt returning though funny you should mention it, I did hear of personal circumstances that may involve him having to move closer to the town. Obviously that's as vaguely as I can put it as it isn't my place to put the details on a social media site. I presume it's the same thing you've heard.

Hypothetically, how would Holt returning effect the team. Either him or Marshall would surely have to become a LM?