• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

Great result all round yesterday.
Battered Dundee to be fair, extra revenue for the replay and a great game at Aberdeen to look forward to.
The tactics now look more attacking but we still look solid at the back.
Looking forward to the next 3 months.
Mon the stenny .

7 hours ago, Steeplechat said:

Incorrect again. Mr Lyle had no future at Queens and quite simply had to go in the end. Correct decision by the club & management team.

Please explain, as I don't understand.

Who is incorrect, about what and why again ?

Why did he have no future, you  make it sound very dramatic as if there was some sort of disciplinary issue ?

Please explain, as I don't understand.
Who is incorrect, about what and why again ?
Why did he have no future, you  make it sound very dramatic as if there was some sort of disciplinary issue ?

The dressing room is a far better place without his influence I believe.

Now move on and stop blaming everything on the manger. Get that chip off your shoulder.

1 hour ago, Steeplechat said:

Now move on and stop blaming everything on the manger. Get that chip off your shoulder.

BANG ON ,

I think Aberdeen host Rangers on the Wednesday before we play them. No doubt a tough game for them, which may result in tiredness and 1 or 2 injuries.

In saying that, they could make a couple changes and still be clear favourites.

In terms of revenue, probably the 3rd/4th best draw we could’ve hoped for, behind the old firm duo and arguably Hearts.

They’re game yesterday vs Stenny had 50/50 possession according to BBC. If we can get that much possession you’d fancy our chances at getting a draw.

All of this could be utterly useless if Dundee shag us a week on Tuesday mind you.

Kilmarnock wanting to loan out central midfielder Iain Wilson, he’s one id like to see us try get. Always been impressed with him for Scotland’s 21s etc, another industrious midfielder who can play a bit

On ‎20‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 22:40, Steeplechat said:

Don't believe that.

I have never heard Lyle be anything other than positive about the Club and his many team-mates over the years,

Of course he wouldn't be the first 'senior' player to be frustrated and dumped by the current Manager.

At least Dobbie recognises  Lyle's  talent and contribution to the Club.

By the way, you've done it again - what on earth do you mean by " get that chip off your shoulder" ?

Callum Semple.   Discuss please, gang.

Signed for County with no mention of a loan, so presumably on a permanent deal.

5 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

got the potential to be a cracking centre half. 

strong and wins a lot of headers think he is a good signing for you lot gutted he isnt still at palmerston 

Solid player with good potential. If we hadn’t brought in Maguire then I would have been gutted about this. 

Edited by ALOREBURNE

20 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Very good signing surprised Sheff Utd let him go, Great prospect very strong no messing left footed central defender. 

1 minute ago, QoS_Blue1919 said:

IMG_4515.jpg

A sore one to take

Signed Full Time deal at Ross County leaving Sheff Utd for a fee plus a sell on clause. That's the difference between us and them Mcgregor is bank rolling them. We don't have that. Good luck to Callum. 

21 minutes ago, Savage Henry said:

Excellent player, along with Jason Kerr he was one of the most solid centre halves I’ve seen at the club for a long time. Pity they were both on loan deals. Clearly has the potential to go on to greater things. Surprised Sheffield United let him go. Very good signing for Ross County.

Just now, Frankie S said:

Excellent player, along with Jason Kerr he was one of the most solid centre halves I’ve seen at the club for a long time. Pity they were both on loan deals. Clearly has the potential to go on to greater things. Surprised Sheffield United let him go. Very good signing for Ross County.

This mostly. I think Kerr is better but Semple has a chance and this is a good move for him if there was no imminent likelihood of getting near the Sheffield United first team. County will likely be a Premier League side next season and his international prospects will improve.  Good luck to him.

It's really good to hear fans saying something other than, "I'd have kept him, but I'm surprised he found a club at this level."  Thanks all.

It's really good to hear fans saying something other than, "I'd have kept him, but I'm surprised he found a club at this level."  Thanks all.
I'm surprised he found a club at this level, because I thought he could play at a higher level!

Still rough around the edges but I'm really shocked United never loaned him to League 1 or 2 as he's still developing. Great piece of business for County. I'll be surprised if he isn't playing regularly in England in a couple of years time though. Had every intention of following his career. Gutted that will include games against us :(

Can only really echo the above comments and to agree that I am surprised he is back at this level and not moving to a higher one.  Presumably he assumes (with some substance) that he has joined a Premiership team in waiting.

It's disappointing, but par for the course with loan deals which are short term by their nature.  A player getting a move off the back of a loan with us at least shows they did well for us, which is preferable to the numerous duds we've had over the years.