• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

23 minutes ago, die hard doonhamer said:

If we lose Dykes we'll be getting a fee, which we should then use to buy Blair Henderson from Edinburgh City.

I'd be a bit worried if that's the best we can do to replace one of our main strikers. 

26 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

I'd be a bit worried if that's the best we can do to replace one of our main strikers. 

24 goals in 27 games this season, and he's only 24. He's exactly the type of signing we should be trying to make.

Dykes may be leaving QOS in January, possible replacement for Bowman at Motherwell.

Swansea also reported to be interested plus another major club down South. On the flip side Queen Vic would be making the journey South too!

8 hours ago, Hawk said:

Welcome on board Nicky Low, I think he could be an upgrade on Harkins who's ego didn't like not being the "kingpin"

Nonsense.

Harkins did not exhibit any of that kind of behaviour and looked to be enjoying  playing with Dobbie.

Baird was the one for that sort of thing !

Nonsense.
Harkins did not exhibit any of that kind of behaviour and looked to be enjoying  playing with Dobbie.

Don’t tell me , you blame the manager

2 hours ago, die hard doonhamer said:

24 goals in 27 games this season, and he's only 24. He's exactly the type of signing we should be trying to make.

Yes. In League 2. 

You wouldnt be saying to sign Antell if Martin left would you? He's only conceded 8 goals in 17 league games and has been brilliant for Edinbrugh City this season. And hes only 26. 

26 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

Yes. In League 2. 

You wouldnt be saying to sign Antell if Martin left would you? He's only conceded 8 goals in 17 league games and has been brilliant for Edinbrugh City this season. And hes only 26. 

You're right, I wouldn't, because Antell was a proven bombscare at this level previously.

Someone scoring at the rate that Henderson is scoring at deserves a shot at a higher level though, and he'd be well worth the risk for a club like us. 

2 hours ago, QoS_1919 said:

Yes. In League 2. 

Not a compelling argument against to be honest.Shankland scored a shed load in league one last season and is doing so again in this league too. If a striker gets the service he will score.

I would imagine Henderson will be on a lot of Championship club’s radar though.

Nonsense.

Actually heard from a “source” that behind the scenes Harkins wasn’t the most fun to be around. More than a few happy he’s gone.

Actually heard from a “source” that behind the scenes Harkins wasn’t the most fun to be around. More than a few happy he’s gone.

I think you’ll find the younger guys are not sad he’s gone .

Any one else here the wee digs Gary naysmith has against Harkins in his post match interview against Ayr

6 minutes ago, temps15 said:

Any one else here the wee digs Gary naysmith has against Harkins in his post match interview against Ayr

Just the two or three, Tells you all about Harkins good luck to Partick with the wage thief in a relegation fight... 

1 hour ago, SUPERSOUTH said:

Just the two or three, Tells you all about Harkins good luck to Partick with the wage thief in a relegation fight... 

I never really thought Harkins gave 100% looks like Naysmith thought the same .

If you look at the likes of Doyle if only he had the skill of Harkins Doyle is never a midfield player but he gives 100%, think he would run through a brick wall for any team he plays for our problem is we have too many like Doyle we need more energy the team.

We really need new signing just to get going again we lack confidence just now.

Semple and Frizzell to stay add Dow and 2 others both should be forward players

Naysmith rightly stressed how important Dobbie is to us.

He followed it up though by saying he'd take industry over flair.

There's a contradiction in there.

23 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He said he'd take a player like Doyle who gives 100% every game no matter what position he's playing rather than a flair player who doesn't. There's nothing wrong with that. 

5 minutes ago, QoS_1919 said:

He said he'd take a player like Doyle who gives 100% every game no matter what position he's playing rather than a flair player who doesn't. There's nothing wrong with that. 

Perhaps not, but it's not a view I share. 

I also know which category Stephen Dobbie fits better into.

I suppose it's better to have high energy players rather than creative players when you spend most of the game without the ball.

2 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:
48 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

I suppose it's better to have high energy players rather than creative players when you spend most of the game without the ball.

It's certainly better for ensuring you spend most of the game without the ball.

3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Perhaps not, but it's not a view I share. 

I also know which category Stephen Dobbie fits better into.

Fair enough. I think he's right though, there's no one else in the squad I'd have played in that position before Doyle.