• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

3 minutes ago, Distant Doonhamer said:

Are you seriously suggesting that we play Harkins as a lone striker in a 451 and Dykes who is a striker as part of a midfield 5. :o

Harkins is not mobile enough to play centre midfield in a game like this when we will not get much of the ball . 

7 minutes ago, Northfield 53 said:

Harkins is not mobile enough to play centre midfield in a game like this when we will not get much of the ball . 

But mobile enough to be a lone striker? Really. 

If we aren`t having much of the ball then it would make sense to try to keep it when we do have it. Harkins fruitlessly chasing lost causes up front won`t help with that IMHO. 

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Harkins as a lone striker is pretty much the main reason he is so disliked among Ayr fans. I would have no issues with him playing off Dykes but by no means should he be played as a lone striker.

I can't recall the last time I saw our highlights package. Have they stopped being produced?

48 minutes ago, 19QOS19 said:

I can't recall the last time I saw our highlights package. Have they stopped being produced?

Not as such. The nature of Malcolm's day job has always been that he has far less spare time to produce highlights in winter. Its no different to the last two or three winters. Highlights tend to be sporadic between the clock changes.

Why would we recall Tremble he is nowhere near ready for the 1st team .Now it is time for Dykes to step up and be the main man  .Would play Harkins up top on his own play 4-5-1 .
Was Dobbie and the rest of the 1st team squad down today for the Xmas day at the Arena  ?

I didn't know you can't recall an outfield player from loan.

In your opinion you think Tremble is not ready for the first team but you also think Harkins should play up top on his own . . . In place of our only fit and eligible striker. I think the manager will play something suitable given our injury situation.

I reckon the midfield 5 will be Norman and Jacobs in the deep Todd and Stirling out wide with Harkins bit more forward supporting Dykes. Dykes will likely be chasing lost causes and back to goal role.

Speedy return hopefully for Dobbie.

Not as such. The nature of Malcolm's day job has always been that he has far less spare time to produce highlights in winter. Its no different to the last two or three winters. Highlights tend to be sporadic between the clock changes.
Ah fair enough. It certainly wasn't meant as a criticism as the guy does a superb job, I just wondered if he had given it up for whatever reason.

On 11/30/2018 at 22:06, queenslad said:

Felt Ayr would score each time they went forward. Shankland on fire and now more league goals than Dobbie. Will he still be there at end of January?

Two games against us, nil goals and I hear we have a poor defence. Funny game football

On 02/12/2018 at 20:51, Doonhamer doon south said:

Speedy return hopefully for Dobbie.

Out for two weeks (according to gossip). 

A lot better than it looked at the time.

Out for two weeks (according to gossip). 
A lot better than it looked at the time.

“From the horses mouth” is hardly “gossip” although I suppose we are waiting on the time to be confirmed!

1 hour ago, Mustafa_sheet said:

“From the horses mouth” is hardly “gossip” although I suppose we are waiting on the time to be confirmed! emoji6.png

If this is from Sunday's Xmas Event it hadn't been scanned at that point (don't think it has been yet) and it was really just a "hope". I don't think anyone knows at this stage how long he'll be out for.

This is our lord and saviour Stephen Dobbie we’re talking about. The man performs miracles on a weekly basis so I don’t think diagnosing an injury without a scan is beyond him.

Speaking of The Messiah, Happy Birthday to the good man himself. Hopefully his birthday present (and our Xmas present) is a small lay off rather than 6 weeks.

175605277.jpg.gallery.jpg

Comfortably the most significant birth in the month of december.
Ach come on now. We all love Dobbie but the birthday on the 25th has had such a massive effect on the world, he's brought so much joy to this sometimes crappy world and just makes the world a better place if for only a small while. I'd say that great man's birthday just pegs Dobbs

Love you too big man!

images.jpeg

2 hours ago, Northfield 53 said:

Dobbie out for a few games how long is that .

Take it now he has had his scan are we talking weeks out  or months

Wild guess here, but I'm going to say a few games.