• Announcements

• Div

Pie and Bovril Nostalgia Mobile Phone Cases!   12/09/18

We are delighted to have partnered up with Nostalgia Cases to offer a huge range of fantastic Scottish Football phone cases to our visitors. These high quality cases are available in a range of retro and up to date designs and there variations available for all Premiership, Championship and League 1 clubs as well as four of the League 2 teams. Within each club there are a range of choices. You'll find it difficult to choose! This is an Edinburgh based start-up, and they also provide a custom design service so if there is a kit you don't see that you'd love for your phone you can get in touch with them and they'll add it to their range. Naturally there is a HUGE support for all the major phone manufacturers and models and what's more delivery in the UK is completely FREE. What's even better is that Pie and Bovril users can get 10% off their order using the coupon code PIEANDBOV Take a look and browse the full range for your favourite club by clicking through to the website below. https://bit.ly/2M5laZs
qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

17 hours ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

No mention of Queens or D&G in the SFA Project Brave report into Youth Academies.

Where are Queens currently in regards to this? Skyline?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41997062

13 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

There's a thread on it on the top flight board.

From what I understand, the criteria are pitched at a level that would be utterly unrealistic for Queens.

This is not intended for the likes of us.

We'll be in the 'Advanced Youth' Level one below the 'Performance Level' Dundee, Queen's Park and Morton are at. No idea why the SFA have missed that level off their press release. As MT says, the criteria for Project Brave are way, way out of our reach. Far bigger clubs than us have conceded it's not realistic. We were on the bottom level of the Club Academy ladder too. It doesn't stop us actually producing the odd decent player. It's all a bit up in the air at the moment until we see how it's all going to work but I don't think anything will fundamentally change for us. As far as I know we'll be running the same three age level squads we currently do and our youth funding levels are guaranteed for the next few years.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Whats the script with wee Danny Carmichael? He was out warming up with the team in the Irn bru cup game against Montrose and was reportedly on the brink of a return, yet time has passed and he still remains out? Hopefully hes back soon! Incidentally Jesse Akubuine seemingly scored a screamer against Morton yesterday. Wouldn't mind seeing him given a wee run out occasionally instead of Tapping who I'm still trying to work out what his purpose is.

Kerr has played well and keeping him past January will be crusual to us pushing for a playoff place. The problem we have is that he's playing well while St Johnstone are leaking goals and could well call him back.

Theres a very strong chance we'll have a new manager in place come January, so both players could return.

On 16/11/2017 at 13:01, football maniac said:

Whats the script with wee Danny Carmichael? He was out warming up with the team in the Irn bru cup game against Montrose and was reportedly on the brink of a return, yet time has passed and he still remains out? Hopefully hes back soon! Incidentally Jesse Akubuine seemingly scored a screamer against Morton yesterday. Wouldn't mind seeing him given a wee run out occasionally instead of Tapping who I'm still trying to work out what his purpose is.

Very unlikely to play for Queens ever again. 

4 hours ago, Brother Grimm said:

Very unlikely to play for Queens ever again. 

What is the problem with Carmichael thought he was back in training almost ready to play again

What is the problem with Carmichael thought he was back in training almost ready to play again

I've heard he received the wrong Op at Hibs and he's never recovered fully since.

Quick question : just from a Montrose point of view what did you think of Montrose today? Before the game I personally thought queens would have won by 2 or 3  but we seem a very solid unit under Petrie.

Quick question : just from a Montrose point of view what did you think of Montrose today? Before the game I personally thought queens would have won by 2 or 3  but we seem a very solid unit under Petrie.

Watched yous twice, been very impressed both times. The smaller park maybe suits yous with way yous set up but use what you can to your advantage. Surprised Watson started on bench as he was excellent last game up there. Dillon and Campbell two experienced players, know what there doing. Blonde headed fellow in midfield was decent, keeper has done well both games also. Don’t think yous will be far away from promotion from what we’ve seen.

13 hours ago, Momosupermo said:

Montrose are a decent side. Some good experience in the side, well organised and play decent football.

As said in the cup thread i thought the  young number 4 in defence looked a good prospect. Good pace and composed.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Is there any reason why Queens have not been acredited with the SFA quality mark for increasing youth and community participation? Looking at the list of those clubs, schools etc. on the SFA's website for the South West region, I can't see any mention of QOS. 

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3207

Interesting to see that Annan Athletic are pressing ahead with fan ownership via a Community Benefit Scociety with the aim of becoming the first fully fan-owned club in Scotland. Some lessons maybe for the various Supporters Groups and the Directors of Queens. There must be some scope for Queens and Annan working together on community engagement  for the benefit of the wider public in D&G, particularly youth interaction and involvement.

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_fa_news.cfm?page=2986&newsID=17399&newsCategoryID=1

1 hour ago, KingfaetheSooth said:

Is there any reason why Queens have not been acredited with the SFA quality mark for increasing youth and community participation? Looking at the list of those clubs, schools etc. on the SFA's website for the South West region, I can't see any mention of QOS. 

http://www.scottishfa.co.uk/scottish_football.cfm?page=3207

Well, yes. The very obvious reason that Queen of the South are part of Club Academy and are audited to higher youth standards by the SFA through that. The Quality Mark thing is for clubs outwith Club Academy, mostly local youth clubs, though there's clearly nothing stopping senior clubs without a Club Academy programme like Annan getting involved.