qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

2 hours ago, JessieField said:

Nothing to do with Queens I suppose but I never thought I'd live to see the day when police with machine-guns were outside the ground. 

Were the "Young Team"  due to return or was someone spotted with a Lidl shopping bag? 

Are programmes and half-time draw tickets still on sale for supporters using the Portland Drive turnstile?  The usual sales "booth" between the East Stand and terracing hasn't been attended for the last two home games.  Have they moved to another stance?

Not an ideal loss given the up coming away games, two goals that really should have been avoided.

9 hours ago, The Caul Back said:

Is Martin carrying an injury or maybe not fit, can't remember him ever making a diving save, or maybe the games he has had, he didn't need to.

Leighfield for Sunday?

Leighfield for Sunday?

He's playing for the u20's here at Palmerston tonight.
4-2 down at halftime to a decent Morton side. Rooney & McFadden the scorers for Queens

16 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

Some turnaround here . We're now leading 6-4 with McFadden scoring four

F/T Queens 6 Morton 4

Only managed to see the first half but we were lucky not to be more than 4-2 down at half time. Could have been twice that. I believe we were still 4-2 down with 15 to go before going goal crazy late on.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

11 hours ago, ConanTheLibrarian said:

Not sure if it's been mentioned anywhere else but there's a large  "scroll" type advert in  the Loreburne Centre  showing the fixture list for the season.

This was mentioned in the recent Board update from Blount Jnr. on the OS.  

Only managed to see the first half but we were lucky not to be more than 4-2 down at half time. Could have been twice that. I believe we were still 4-2 down with 15 to go before going goal crazy late on.

Defending in the first half was horrendous.

I thought Stirling looking out of his depth even at this level.

Not quite 4-2 down with 15 to go, but their was 3 goals in less than 10 minutes from 4-2 down. 4-3 with about 20 to go. The 4th, a penalty to equalise was with 15 minutes to go. The Morton boy got sent off for telling Lloyd to f**k off, after being booked and penalty given. 5-4 up about a minute later, after winning the ball straight from kick off.

6th goal was just before full time.

58 minutes ago, MONKMAN said:

Defending in the first half was horrendous.

I thought Stirling looking out of his depth even at this level.

Not quite 4-2 down with 15 to go, but their was 3 goals in less than 10 minutes from 4-2 down. 4-3 with about 20 to go. The 4th, a penalty to equalise was with 15 minutes to go. The Morton boy got sent off for telling Lloyd to f**k off, after being booked and penalty given. 5-4 up about a minute later, after winning the ball straight from kick off.

6th goal was just before full time.

74th minute for our 3rd goal according to the referee's report. 4-2 down with 16 to go. Penalty was scored on 77 mins and the 5th was on 79 mins so three in six minutes.

Defending certainly wasn't great. Morton were extremely quick in the attacking half. Don't know if they slowed down later or we just learned to deal with it better. As I said I had to leave at half time. I thought it was pretty obvious there was a bit of a disconnect between our back line and the rest of the team. The back four, Bell and Fergusson were the only regular 20's players playing, with Murray, Stirling, Rooney and McFadden in front of them and Leighfield behind who although age qualified, hasn't been training or playing with the 20's so far this season. I guess it took them time to settle down with each other?

Stirling made the 2nd goal and had a couple of good runs halted by cynical fouls in the first half. Again, I don't know how involved he got later on.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Are programmes and half-time draw tickets still on sale for supporters using the Portland Drive turnstile?  The usual sales "booth" between the East Stand and terracing hasn't been attended for the last two home games.  Have they moved to another stance?

We've noticed that in recent games also . Is there any reason it's no longer there ? Perhaps SD knows ?

42 minutes ago, Steeplechat said:

We've noticed that in recent games also . Is there any reason it's no longer there ? Perhaps SD knows ?

I have no idea where they sell programmes from.

Underneath the floodlight next to the Galloway News Stand SD . They've sold programmes and 50/50 draw tickets there for years but it's been posting missing in recent weeks

21 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The Commercial Department would be my guess as the best people to ask,  I'll ask them before the next home game unless someone posts the answer on here first.

I assume the programme sellers are instructed where to stand rather than just standing where they please.  I don't actually buy a programme but do like to buy a couple of half-time draw tickets at each game. 

I have often felt sorry for the sellers standing at the "usual"  sales point at the Portland terrace as it's not very nice when it's wet and/or windy.  Perhaps one of the disused turnstiles could be converted to a sales booth inside the ground. 

5 minutes ago, Fae_the_'briggs said:

The Commercial Department would be my guess as the best people to ask,  I'll ask them before the next home game unless someone posts the answer on here first.

I assume the programme sellers are instructed where to stand rather than just standing where they please.  I don't actually buy a programme but do like to buy a couple of half-time draw tickets at each game. 

I have often felt sorry for the sellers standing at the "usual"  sales point at the Portland terrace as it's not very nice when it's wet and/or windy.  Perhaps one of the disused turnstiles could be converted to a sales booth inside the ground. 

John Paterson in the shop runs the programme sellers. He would be the one to ask.

Are there "disused" turnstiles? I think all the turnstiles are still usable and might be used if the game was big enough to justify it.