qos_75

The Queen of the South Thread

People moaning about the game yesterday and one guy saying the defeat was "soul destroying;"

Did you guys actually watch the game?

A little disappointing not to take something from the ten men but we were away to everyone's favourites, dominated after the sending off, were denied a penalty and had Kane miss when through on goal. Hardly soul destroying!

Didn't think we looked so bad today despite losing to 10 men. Life goes on. Sad to say that Stephen looked off the pace and I had a sinking feeling when they took Lyle off and left him on. Not often I'd say it but I'd have left Lyle on and taken Dobbie off. For me the whole way the game went gives some credence to those who say we need another creative midfielder. No-one, on a Dobbie off day, looked like unpicking that defence today.
On the bright side, I thought Rankin played well and given we have a youthful defence both Fordyce and Brownlie deserve some credit for their performances. Jacobs continues to be solid too. There's a gap between midfield and the front though that needs filled and I'm not convinced Danny's the man to do it. Guess that's what everyone's been saying.

I too was shouting for Dobbie to be taken off. I think there comes a point when a player needs to know if they're not cutting it then can be hooked!

Having seen the highlights, Durnan clearly knows Dobbies back issues (spasms?) and knees him right in the lower back for the free kick leading to our goal.

We lost the game to a team who played the whole 2 nd half with 10 men.

Good that some fans can pick  out good things from the defeat but for me we lost the game that is all that matters 

We lost the game to a team who played the whole 2 nd half with 10 men.
Good that some fans can pick  out good things from the defeat but for me we lost the game that is all that matters 

Give it a bloody rest

People moaning about the game yesterday and one guy saying the defeat was "soul destroying;"

Did you guys actually watch the game?

A little disappointing not to take something from the ten men but we were away to everyone's favourites, dominated after the sending off, were denied a penalty and had Kane miss when through on goal. Hardly soul destroying!

This is part of the problem that we have " away to everyone's favourites". It almost sounds as though we can't possibly win there and should be programmed accordingly. Much better to default to the unlucky loser tag.

We get handed a massive opportunity by McMullan's petulance - the advantage that a team has 11 v 10 for fully an hour is HUGE especially after their midweek exertions.

We played very well in second half and it was encouraging to see us attack relentlessly and really go for the win.Even when we play so well we still somehow come away with nothing.

Soul destroying probably not but disappointing and undoubtedly a massive missed opportunity - yes unequivocally.

27 minutes ago, football maniac said:

Said on text he was subbed because of an injury

What text? He definitely wasnt.

21 hours ago, Mr X said:

What text? He definitely wasnt.

Bbc live text. Its usually quite accurate. Perhaps a more fitting description would be he was subbed because he is crap

Tapping was moved out wide early in the game to help Rooney deal with the runs of McMullan, it didn't work. When McMullan was red carded Tapping tried to push forward more but he struggled to take on players and get decent balls across. A game where things just didn't happen for him. I would say that was the reason he was hooked. 

Has it ever happened for Tapping ? 
I suppose he is still getting match fit hopefully more to come from him.

Aye still getting match fit... 3rd season with us

Right, it's a quick turnaround required of that sign this week.

Edited to add that it's not been updated today.  I can't wait to hear who we've signed.

(PS I'll stop this tedious nonsense soon - I promise.)

Edited by Monkey Tennis

Can't help feeling a little excited about the prospect of a trip to Ireland or Wales... (Please move it to Sunday so that I can attend!)

12 hours ago, JessieField said:

I wish the Board would give Monkey the full time post of looking after that bloody sign!

No, no.  I don't want to actively be of actual help.

Bitching from the sidelines is more my thing.

Anyway, there's no need.  The sign is now up to date, heralding Saturday's match.  On this particular subject I think I'll therefore make this my last post.

24pi1ck.jpg

3 hours ago, Monkey Tennis said:

No, no.  I don't want to actively be of actual help.

Bitching from the sidelines is more my thing.

Anyway, there's no need.  The sign is now up to date, heralding Saturday's match.  On this particular subject I think I'll therefore make this my last post.

24pi1ck.jpg