The Queen of the South thread

Why is their Queens fans calling for brownlie to sit in the stand and be out of your squad completely, what's wrong with him? Was one of our best performers tbh.

He has had a couple of shaky performances recently at right back, poor defending, slack passes giving possession away, dodgy pass backs, etc. Just doesn't seem to fill the supporters with confidence. Maybe better in the middle of defence but being used on the right when we play as a three man defence.

Why is their Queens fans calling for brownlie to sit in the stand and be out of your squad completely, what's wrong with him? Was one of our best performers tbh.

Indeed. At RB he hasn't been great but in at CB he hasn't been any worse than Higgins and Dowie IMO. Dowie in particular has been far worse than him in a couple of games.

Indeed. At RB he hasn't been great but in at CB he hasn't been any worse than Higgins and Dowie IMO. Dowie in particular has been far worse than him in a couple of games.

Probably because he is the less established player in the team of the 3 defenders. It happened with Dowie to begin with as well before he improved. Brownlie makes Craig Reid look like Philip Lahm in possession at right back but he isn't to blame for the losses thus far.

3 points today must of helped relieve some of the pressure fowler must of been feeling is dowie out long term or was it pre cautionary (not at game)

It looked like his hamstring so you'd imagine 3 or 4 weeks anyway based on the time Iain Russell has been out.

Just a quick mention for the 2016 Charity Calendar, produced by the Globe Inn Doonhamers: well worth £6!

This edition has some really interesting "behind the scenes" pictures.

temps15 & Parkgatequeens, you are obviously gentlemen of fine taste!

If you would like to email Bruce at qosbruce@btinternet.com , he will get you sorted.

This is a 10th anniversary edition of the calendar which has raised mega moolah for the Sick Kids charity.

Frankly, I do not want to wish my life away, but roll on August 2016, when the old Palmerston coo-shed will be in my gaze as I

sit at my computer!

Really bad challenge last night, seemingly he had a serious go at Dumbarton bench after the tackle last night. Boy is bound to be seek

Aye it looked a bad one from where I was sitting. Considering the boy was screaming and clutching to his leg for dear life I thought it was pretty poor that the ref didn't even stop play. All the surrounding QoS players were shouting for him to stop. He did indeed have a go at the Dumbarton dug out. I was sat right behind the dugouts and heard him basically have a go at the Number 11. I couldn't hear what the Dumbarton coach said but I'm assuming it was something along the lines of it being accidental by the number 11, as Tapping went nuts with him. I was gutted for the boy as I think there is a really good player in there and he could bring some much needed creativity to the team. I've a feeling we'll very rarely see him pull on a QoS jersey though :(

The positives were that it was a really good attacking performance by our youngsters. I was certainly more impressed with them on this showing. Going forward they looked really good and 4/5 of the 7 goals (7-1) were top quality. One in particular had about 20 passes before being buried. It was an absolutely excellent goal and as good a goal that I've witnessed at Palmerston this year.

Hilson strolled through the game without ever looking like he was out of second gear. A good chunk of the goals were as a result of his input. He scored a couple as well, one being a free-kick. I think he could be a week or two away from a return. This Saturday probably too soon.

If we are going to play as a back four regularly this season then I see no reason why our starting RB shouldn't be Hooper. He's pretty solid at the back and far better defensively than any of the other options we have there.

Coogans scored as well but going by yesterday's performance I don't think he would add anything to our current first team. The boy has some decent attributes and you can see him being a decent player in time, but just now I don't think he would be much use to our first team.

Nice story on the Mad site about Jim and Victoria Thomson giving some of the residents from Charnwood Lodge a tour of the stadium, with Chris Higgins, Mark Millar, Iain Russell and JT also paying the home a visit a few days later.

http://boards.footymad.net/queenofthesouth-mad/2109753680/#OgqsYtviQO4U8jga.97

Always good to share a positive story like this in amongst the normal sea of negativity, but just to restore parity - it's a shame James Fowler didn't attend as he could have signed some of the pensioners to add some pace and movement to our side.

Edited to add it is now on the OS -

http://www.qosfc.com/news-2982

Edited by palmy_cammy

Aye it looked a bad one from where I was sitting. Considering the boy was screaming and clutching to his leg for dear life I thought it was pretty poor that the ref didn't even stop play. All the surrounding QoS players were shouting for him to stop. He did indeed have a go at the Dumbarton dug out. I was sat right behind the dugouts and heard him basically have a go at the Number 11. I couldn't hear what the Dumbarton coach said but I'm assuming it was something along the lines of it being accidental by the number 11, as Tapping went nuts with him. I was gutted for the boy as I think there is a really good player in there and he could bring some much needed creativity to the team. I've a feeling we'll very rarely see him pull on a QoS jersey though :(

The positives were that it was a really good attacking performance by our youngsters. I was certainly more impressed with them on this showing. Going forward they looked really good and 4/5 of the 7 goals (7-1) were top quality. One in particular had about 20 passes before being buried. It was an absolutely excellent goal and as good a goal that I've witnessed at Palmerston this year.

Hilson strolled through the game without ever looking like he was out of second gear. A good chunk of the goals were as a result of his input. He scored a couple as well, one being a free-kick. I think he could be a week or two away from a return. This Saturday probably too soon.

If we are going to play as a back four regularly this season then I see no reason why our starting RB shouldn't be Hooper. He's pretty solid at the back and far better defensively than any of the other options we have there.

Coogans scored as well but going by yesterday's performance I don't think he would add anything to our current first team. The boy has some decent attributes and you can see him being a decent player in time, but just now I don't think he would be much use to our first team.

Do u reckon it looked a serious injury? Such a shame for him as every time he works himself into fitness he seems to suffer a setback and needs to build up again from scratch

Do u reckon it looked a serious injury? Such a shame for him as every time he works himself into fitness he seems to suffer a setback and needs to build up again from scratch

The boy was screaming and rolling around in agony. I know generally players who roll about tend to be "at it", but this challenge was just outside our own box so there was no reason for him to want to win a free-kick. He was definitely seriously hurt. Hard to tell how bad it was but he was on the deck for a good while before he managed to slowly walk around to the tunnel. Hopefully he was screaming as it was sore at the time rather than because it's a serious injury. Knowing this boy's luck I'd be putting money on it being the latter :(