The Queen of the South thread

So Gros and Hutton in training with the club. Gros might be a bit of a gamble but hes built like a tank and still young. Hopefully we have another striker in that fowler can cast his eye over too.

My prediction would be between 5th-8th, but that's purely based on ONE game. As long as the boy's gel quickly we should be ok. I'm not expecting 4th this term so if we got it I'd be delighted.

I'd be content with 5/6/7th and being firmly in the hunt for the playoffs and ready to make a serious push for promotion next season. Other teams have different difficulties such having a bald idiot in charge or having to make a lot of signings this summer.

I can see us definitely being better than Morton, Livi, Alloa and Dumbarton and then Raith and Falkirk could go either way really. It'll be interesting to see how Fowler and the new additions are able to handle adversity compared to the previous squad.

I'd be content with 5/6/7th and being firmly in the hunt for the playoffs and ready to make a serious push for promotion next season. Other teams have different difficulties such having a bald idiot in charge or having to make a lot of signings this summer.

I can see us definitely being better than Morton, Livi, Alloa and Dumbarton and then Raith and Falkirk could go either way really. It'll be interesting to see how Fowler and the new additions are able to handle adversity compared to the previous squad.

There's an element of the unknown about next season that has me quite excited. However I agree that we should be finishing above the four you mention, and at the very least challenging alongside the other two.

Although my overall feeling is definitely positive, I can't shake the thought from the back of my mind of the last manager that had as big a rebuilding job. I'm sure I've read on here from Gus sympathisers (bizarrely they do exist) that he didn't really stand a chance having to replace so many players. I think most of us were happy with his signings at the time as well. I hope the parallels stop there.

I suppose part of the thinking behind signing a lot of young players is that they'll be one year more experienced for season 2016/17 where in all likelihood we'll have lost the "big 2" and could mount a genuine promotion campaign. That will of course present its own difficulties, not least the fact our elder statesmen Lyle et al. will be one year older.

There's an element of the unknown about next season that has me quite excited. However I agree that we should be finishing above the four you mention, and at the very least challenging alongside the other two.

Although my overall feeling is definitely positive, I can't shake the thought from the back of my mind of the last manager that had as big a rebuilding job. I'm sure I've read on here from Gus sympathisers (bizarrely they do exist) that he didn't really stand a chance having to replace so many players. I think most of us were happy with his signings at the time as well. I hope the parallels stop there.

I suppose part of the thinking behind signing a lot of young players is that they'll be one year more experienced for season 2016/17 where in all likelihood we'll have lost the "big 2" and could mount a genuine promotion campaign. That will of course present its own difficulties, not least the fact our elder statesmen Lyle et al. will be one year older.

Agree with most of that. Most folk thought we`d lose 2 of the big 3 this year so not sure we will lose the big 2 this time. I think Hibs will go up but St Mirren might struggle.

A lot will depend on the experienced striker Houston signs, as we still look a bit lightweight in that department, other than that we are in ok shape, haven't lost any players (so far) apart from the ones we knew were going and have brought in what looks to be 3 decent signings with hopefuly one or two more. I expect us to finish top four as does Houston it would seem, he has no excuses this year about not knowing the players, the league blah blah like last season when he came in.