The Queen of the South thread

Once again no one on the official Twitter site during a game. Once again it is necessary to go to our opponents site to get an update on how Queens are doing. Oh well it's only a friendly, next time it will be "oh well, it's only Dumbarton or Alloa" bloody annoying though!

Its only a friendly

Everyone who normally covers games is on holiday. If you're volunteering to help out, that's great, we could always do with more help

I would gladly do it if I could guarantee to be at all home games. It's not just tonight I am complaining about Mr X

Fine, but if you're not prepared to help what do you suggest is done?

The game that haven't been covered aren't because no one can be arsed or just because they decide not to. Games aren't covered because there's no one to do it.

You're entitled to voice an opinion but you could at least be constructive about it and suggest a solution

Could Queens not put an advert in the match programme? Perhaps offering a free season ticket for their efforts.

We've advertised for help before and got no response.

A free season ticket for someone who'll get into the press box for free?

Home games aren't really the problem, other than rare nights like tonight

Mr X I am also often not at games and I am quite satisfied with the level of coverage. Fact is between home team and away team, every game gets some sort of indepth Twitter coverage, so if the club is shorthanded then providing live commentary should not be a priority.

I don't think there's anything wrong with criticising the level of coverage. Last season, it was OK but it could definitely be better.

Thats a good point. One of the things I'd like to do next season is to have a bit more interaction, or at least keeping up to date with, other clubs. We could definitely try to point fans in the direction of other sources more.

Got a new website to get finished first though ;)

I thought our best player was Callum Tapping. Seriously hope his injury (I'm assuming that's why he was hooked) isn't major as we looked a totally different team (for the worse) when he left the field.

I thought Hilson looks decent enough. He looks on the heavy side but he's got a fair bit of pace. Always turned toward goal when he received the ball and I liked his link-up play. He took his goal very well.

Jacobs did almost every job on the pitch :lol: I thought he did well without being spectacular. His versatility could be invaluable come the end of the season.

Thought Conroy did ok. He was in and out but overall I thought he played well enough. As soon as we got the free-kick I said it was 2-2. Great finish.

I wasn't overly impressed with Marshall. His positioning wasn't the best on more than a few occasions and I thought he looked very uncomfortable on the ball at times. I'm not writing the boy off, it's only been one game FFS, just my view on his performance today :)

Thomson wasn't really tested but he did what he had to do and did it well enough IMO. His save from Higginbotham was very good though.

The other new boys didn't really get long enough for me to judge them :P

Who came on at left mid near the end?

Overall it was a good workout and 2-2 was a fair result. I wasn't overly impressed with us, neither was I watching us worried for the rest of the season. Purely based on today I would predict a 5th-7th finish. But there's still plenty of time to bond and friendlies don't mean squat. I'm just giving a snap judgement :)

Really impressed with young Tapping though.

Aw the best Burnsy!

An enjoyable and quite competitive match at Palmerston tonight. Queens started well and Russell (the only QOS player to play whole 90 mins) had 3 efforts on goal in first 5 minutes. Robbie Thomson starting in goals for Queens hardly saw the ball in first 30 minutes. Dale Hilson took his goal very well after 19 minutes and looked lively throughout his time on the park. Killie started to come more into the game at end of first half.

Queens started the second 45 with the same lineup that ended the 1st. Robbie Thomson made his first save of the game after 48 minutes when he reacted well to tip a long range Killie effort over the bar for a corner. Ryan Conroy then smacked a shot of the post with Jamie MacDonald beaten.

Killie drew level after 53 minutes when the impressive Rory McKenzie found space at the edge of the box and hit a low shot that gave Thomson no chance. Killie were now on the front foot and looking the more likely to score. There was then a period between the 66th and 80th minutes when we made lots of changes. Killie went in front when McKenzie showed neat control when he picked up the ball just inside the box and slotted the ball past Jim Atkinson in the Queens goal. Queens did not take long to respond when we were awarded a free kick about 22 yards out. It had Conroys name written all over it and he stepped up and hit a great strike past MacDonald to level the game up at 2-2.There were a few half chances at either end in the final few minutes including a Dean Smith shot that went over the top.

I was impressed with the new look Queens tonight, Millar looked much fitter and was always involved, especially in the first half. Marshall looked assured at left back and Jacobs looked very comfortable. Tapping was pretty quiet after appearing to get an injury. Hilson looks a decent player and looks the type that will get goals for us.

It was great to see Paul Burns come on for the last 25 minutes and at the end of the game he got a standing ovation from the fans and also the players of both sides as he left the pitch.

I enjoyed the game tonight and saw enough to make me feel positive about the season ahead.

Edited by MUSKYQOS

Queens 2015/16 team started very well quick high tempo passing and solid tackling too.

Impressed with Hilson,Jacobs,Marshall,Tapping Conroy Thomson all the new recruits performed Well. I think the manager has signed well but really think we need another quality striker to bolster that department.

Tonight's game has got me really looking forward to the new season.