The Queen of the South thread

Does that mean 3 players coming in now. Chairman said 2 this week before burns announcement

Think.you could be right there. Good luck to burnsy proper queens man through and through.

It would appear more & more football players are giving up full time football for jobs that must be paying far better wages

It's a sign of the times

Thanks & good luck Burnsy

^^^^^ This, it is a sign of the times but these guys have got to put themselves and their families first.

All the best Burnsy you'll be leaving us with some great memories.

Edited to say I think job permitting he'll end up at Ayr with Scally!

Edited by Hawk

Sad to see a stalwart like Burns quietly step aside rather than get a proper send off. At he's leaving on his own terms rather than stopping because his body has broken down. He leaves as a hero and someone who gave everything he had every week.

For the current team, I don't know how much Fowler was planning to play him but with McKenna and Burns (and McShane to an extent ) gone there is a lack of a player in the middle who breaks up the play and brings a toughness and energy. Jacobs is the most likely but we do seem a bit soft at present.

Sad to see a stalwart like Burns quietly step aside rather than get a proper send off. At he's leaving on his own terms rather than stopping because his body has broken down. He leaves as a hero and someone who gave everything he had every week.

For the current team, I don't know how much Fowler was planning to play him but with McKenna and Burns (and McShane to an extent ) gone there is a lack of a player in the middle who breaks up the play and brings a toughness and energy. Jacobs is the most likely but we do seem a bit soft at present.

Mcshane couldn't break his way out of a paper bag!

With Jacobs, Tapping and a fit Millar in the squad, I don't see how we're any weaker there than before.

With Jacobs, Tapping and a fit Millar in the squad, I don't see how we're any weaker there than before.

Burns would likely have been on the bench, so still need some extra cover as well as another couple of players on top of that. See heffernans not being offered a deal at the bairns ,hope fowler stays clear of him!

How's hilson getting on?

:lol: After a shaky first week he's looked a different prospect in week 2 and certainly looks like he's going to lead this club to the top B)

:P

Edited by 19QOS19

I meant more energy than toughness for him hence the to the extent He had his moments where he snapped and harried hence the to the extent. We did win plenty games with him and Old Man Kerr and a chubby Millar in the middle.

The players we have are no doubt more technically gifted on the ball than burns but my worry is there doesn't seem to be a water carrier to do the not so pretty stuff. Burns and McKenna were pretty unique players so they'll be missed.