The Queen of the South thread

If true, I hope they are just loan deals and not permanent signings. Carrick may well have been prolific early in his career,but that seems a long time ago now. Last scored against Cowdenbeath in September 2014, hasn't kicked a ball in anger since February and seems to have injury (hamstring) problems. Sorry but does not inspire me at all when you think of other proven strikers who could be 'targeted'.Not enthused by Oliver either, seems to me that they are being 'offered' so as to keep the costs low for Reilly's signature

I don't think Carrick's ever been what you'd call prolific, and he hasn't been around for a long time.

Carrick's main attribute is probably pace, while Oliver's is skill, imo.

Lots of names will be doing the rounds how good is your source havnt heard of many big names as yet but think Carrick & to a lesser extent Oliver could be good loan signings at the end of the day we are going to lose Gav so to get two players in without any cost must help our player budget for the other 4/5 players we need to top up our squad for next season.

The boy that text me was told by someone else (as is always the case with rumours :rolleyes:). I know who he is but don't really speak to the guy other than a hello. He's a well known face around Palmerston and he told my pal the news but wouldn't reveal the player's name. As I say, I'm in no way claiming it to be true and as I said to my mate "I'll believe it when I see it". I only mentioned it as I was informed of this a couple of days ago that it would be happening in a couple of days and I hope (if it is in fact true) that Carrick and Oliver aren't who he was talking about as it's hardly "something big happening, with a player coming in" material.

Everyone likes a rumour. Who can it be?

Would love the Dobbie rumour to be true, but can't see it. It's who I thought of instantly though. You can't whack the rumour mill during close season :lol:

I got a message a couple of nights ago saying something big was coming re. a player coming in for us (not that I ever really get bothered by rumours). I sincerely hope this isn't who they were talking about, if there is to be some truth in it.

Everyone likes a rumour. Who can it be?

post-5057-0-89424500-1433364419_thumb.jp

Big signing.

Don't think there is much substance in the Carrick rumour as I know someone who knows him and he hasn't heard anything about a move to us (this is were I am proved wrong and made to look silly) now I have said this he will probably sign tomorrow

I would expect the majority of fans knew we'd lose Reilly, Holt, McShane and Durnan this summer. I wasn't sure about Dan, although that was nothing to do with his ability.

I'd imagine fowler will have known this, and as such provisions will have been made to bring in replacements.

Of the rumours going about, I'd definitely take Carrick.

You don't think there's much substance to Carrick? He's been told his chances will be limited at hearts according to a fan on their thread, enough substance for me.

Really would like us to start doing some business, hopefully worrying over nowt, but other teams seem to be doing it early and doing it pretty well.

You don't think there's much substance to Carrick? He's been told his chances will be limited at hearts according to a fan on their thread, enough substance for me.

He was talking about Keatings http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/213701-heart-of-midlothian-season-20152016/?p=9526347

Really would like us to start doing some business, hopefully worrying over nowt, but other teams seem to be doing it early and doing it pretty well.

We've already signed two!

What kind of player are we getting in Reilly then? Seems to have a good record, but I can't say I seen much of him outwith games against us.

runs all day. scores a few . was brilliant between august- January . then after that he could hardly score.