The Queen of the South thread

It doesnt "square". Not sure what your point is. Its already been acknowledged that its usually allowed in games well below capacity and wasnt yesterday. I dont know why that was though like others I presume its a result of last week v St Johnstone. All I did was answer the question as to why it "technically" shouldnt happen.

It doesnt "square". Not sure what your point is. Its already been acknowledged that its usually allowed in games well below capacity and wasnt yesterday. I dont know why that was though like others I presume its a result of last week v St Johnstone. All I did was answer the question as to why it "technically" shouldnt happen.

3 urinals for the whole of home terracing is not adequate. We need movement between terrace and rosefield in smaller games

Back to the football. I thought we played delightful flowing football.

The need to get a quality striker in is even more in evidence now as we looked toothless for much of the game and with Gavs injury and Tan Mans difficulty in playing a full 90 mins this is a priority. It makes real financial sense in 3 ways: income from 4th place, play off gate money and semi final cash.

Really impressed with the way McShane, Gav and Holt continue to develop this season.

Unnoticed though was the superb contribution that Mark Millar made. I thought his surging runs and accurate passing were excellent. Personally I would sign him up on a 2 year contract now. Better than Kerr and future replacement for M McShane.

Not so Paton though. Obviously a high earner between injury and inability to get into the game is too much of a luxury as shown when Carmichael came on. Disappointing as loads of talent and this formation is made for him.

Great days at Palmerston but as we set set to do better than budget with an extra cup game please please get a loanee or non contract striker in this week or we will be very stretched for the Hearts game

I actually think this is an important issue - clearly supporters who frequent the Rosefield Stand like to have the flexibility of moving to the Portland Street and vice versa.

The overwhelming reality is that the risk in allowing this to happen in 80% of our games is as close to RISK FREE as you can get. It seems to me that there is absolutely no sense in creating mindless health and safety precautions that are simply not necessary. By all means if it is a category A game tighten things up but announce that in advance so that fans can decide where they want to position themselves.

Let's not kid ourselves football is an expensive day out for a family and clubs have to do everything possible to make the experience as enjoyable as possible. This is not a difficult fix and personally i hate the mindless jobsworth mentality that pervades football under that meaningless heading of Health and Safety.

Simple fix. House all away support in terregles street terracing and use rosefield in bigger games for overspill.

Time to sign a striker in on loan.

We can't rely just on Del if there is any chance Gav could be out for a spell.

Surely there must be a striker (not cup tied) that's not getting any game time at a top club that would benefit our club and the player for the rest of the season, with all the extra income we have coming in at the moment it could make the difference of getting that 4th spot or higher & a return to Hampden or NOT.

Waldorf makes some good points.

Agree that Millar looks an excellent capture and his comments about the others are spot on.

Paton is a player that I have always rated and still do but he absolutely has to contribute a lot more. He is playing inthe hardest role in football - "no 10 role" - you very often have to take the ballwith back to goal and in confined spaces. To be successful there you have to have a great first touch and be able to "see things early".

I am not sure that this is bestposition and he might be better off playing wide in a more conventional role. Cert

With Hearts next up I would be tempted to dispense with this luxury role and play 3 central midfielders to give us more possession in this crucial area.

A good striker would be a welcome addition.

I actually think this is an important issue - clearly supporters who frequent the Rosefield Stand like to have the flexibility of moving to the Portland Street and vice versa.

The overwhelming reality is that the risk in allowing this to happen in 80% of our games is as close to RISK FREE as you can get. It seems to me that there is absolutely no sense in creating mindless health and safety precautions that are simply not necessary. By all means if it is a category A game tighten things up but announce that in advance so that fans can decide where they want to position themselves.

Let's not kid ourselves football is an expensive day out for a family and clubs have to do everything possible to make the experience as enjoyable as possible. This is not a difficult fix and personally i hate the mindless jobsworth mentality that pervades football under that meaningless heading of Health and Safety.

Report to Palmerston 9am on monday the jobs yours .

3 urinals for the whole of home terracing is not adequate. We need movement between terrace and rosefield in smaller games

Don't want to be seen as having a go at anybody but the toilets are a disgrace,how can you encourage kids to wash there hands when there is no water coming out the taps hot or cold. the urinals are absolutely manky, sure if someone from health and safety was to have a look at them they would be shut down until put right.sure it would not take much to put right.maybe a small point but easy to put right.

My point is quite simple really. When you go to a football match, the Club's supporters, the people who pay the money that you count, should know what the restrictions are instead of things changing from match to match. You raised the issue of metered turnstiles to identify the numbers in each part of the ground to comply with the Safety Certificate, yet it seems that the club sometimes flout this requirement to suit their needs. If people are in the habit of having the freedom of movement between the East Stand and covered terracing, especially in games not involving the "big" teams, and that option is suddenly denied them then they are right to question the policy and seek answers as to who is responsible, the Club, the police or the stewards.

As other posters have said, including the Chairman recently in the newspapers, we need to encourage more people through (metered) turnstiles to support the team yet we are in danger of frustrating those who already do part with their hard earned cash.

Time to sign a striker in on loan.

We can't rely just on Del if there is any chance Gav could be out for a spell.

Surely there must be a striker (not cup tied) that's not getting any game time at a top club that would benefit our club and the player for the rest of the season, with all the extra income we have coming in at the moment it could make the difference of getting that 4th spot or higher & a return to Hampden or NOT.

Agree with you. Lyle didn't look the same when Gavin wasn't there doing all the running. He still put in a good shift though. Said we were looking at a couple of Aberdeen players on loan before window shut, one of which was the ineligible McManus. If we could persuade them to loan us Shankland who I presume was the other then we would be doing well. Alan Gow is a free agent but probably not the type we need

Any news on reillys injury? Hopefully not too serious,would be a nightmare if he missed the cup match in 3 weeks.

If I had to guess from what I saw, I think it won't be too bad. It was his hamstring he was clutching, but he was trying to stretch it out which suggests to me it's just a strain. If he had completely pulled it he'd surely be in too much pain to even attempt a stretch? Hopefully just a week of rest for Reilly. Would shocked and gutted if he missed the cup game.

My point is quite simple really. When you go to a football match, the Club's supporters, the people who pay the money that you count, should know what the restrictions are instead of things changing from match to match. You raised the issue of metered turnstiles to identify the numbers in each part of the ground to comply with the Safety Certificate, yet it seems that the club sometimes flout this requirement to suit their needs. If people are in the habit of having the freedom of movement between the East Stand and covered terracing, especially in games not involving the "big" teams, and that option is suddenly denied them then they are right to question the policy and seek answers as to who is responsible, the Club, the police or the stewards.

As other posters have said, including the Chairman recently in the newspapers, we need to encourage more people through (metered) turnstiles to support the team yet we are in danger of frustrating those who already do part with their hard earned cash.

Absolutely spot on . Nail on the head Fae the Briggs

Comedian Mark Steel's Radio 4 programme "Mark Steele's in town" was from and about Dumfries this week. I thought you lot should be toldhttp://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00s0g1p

He gave me £2 for helping him win £8 on a quiz machine in a comedy club in Greenwich in 1993, you know.

I think everyone should be told.