The Queen of the South thread

New stand holds 2,200 I think. There was not 500 empty seats in there.

Was easily 7-800 behind that goal maybe more.

I think the crowd was easily nearer 4,000 than 3,000 today. Saints had 1,200 we had far more than 1,800 at the game today.

The queens terrace is very easy to over estimate. When you are on it it can feel really full at times especially if you are in a cetain part of it. However when you look at it from elsewhere in the ground you will see vast spaces amongst (or to the sides/front of) the clusters of fans.

I think the crowd was easily nearer 4,000 than 3,000 today. Saints had 1,200 we had far more than 1,800 at the game today.

3034 you think Queens cheat? f**k!

Sour grapes Mustapha shite! Johnston has done well at Killie. The relationship with Michael Johnston is there for all to see . I would not work for that ego...

No sour grapes here King Monkey.....just stating facts.....Connolly, McCall, Chisholm, McIntyre and now Johnston....haven't exactly covered themselves in glory following their "step up" in management!!

Be interesting to see how long we can hold onto Fowler if he progresses at the rate he is. Maybe he might finally be the one who bucks the trend?!

Edited by Mustafa_sheet

I wonder if we report the correct attendance every big cup crowd in the recent history. 3043 was a good few hundred minimum short at best.

I think we all know why there seems to be a discrepancy in cup crowd figures. Only seems to have been in very recent seasons though that Queens looked to have adopted the policy. Maybe that's a result of us having successful business men at the helm.

I think we all know why there seems to be a discrepancy in cup crowd figures. Only seems to have been in very recent seasons though that Queens looked to have adopted the policy. Maybe that's a result of us having successful business men at the helm.

This exactly but they make it so bloody obvious.

Praise to fowler for the last two performances. I was a big fan but after the Rangers win, I was a bit dejected to the performances after. The last two and maybe first half of Hibs game tells me different. Full credit to fowler for this, the change to 3-5-2 is working. Today I thought Paul burns was bloody brilliant in midfield along with Dowie at the back. Yes at times we dug deep but thIs sides never ceases to amaze me.

Hewitson please grow a set and do everything to keep this side together, we're seriously not far away.

There probably were close to 500 empty seats on the new stand. There was nowhere near that on the terrace. The main stand didn't seem very full either, loads of empty seats around me.

We've had crowds of around 2000, with only a handful of away fans, and the home crowd looked pretty similar yesterday. Spread the home fans in the new stand over the extra sections they normally have and it would have looked pretty sparse.

Around 2000 home fans and around 1000 away fans looked pretty much spot on to me

So is the lack of an assistant manager still an issue or is it only brought up when we lose?

Kind of getting bored of the subject. He's not going to get one anytime soon, obviously is waiting for the right person or waiting till he gets job permanently. Don't get me wrong I think we need one, but we're tickling along reasonably well. I think a few of us myself included looked into the Hibs defeat far too much.

Delighted to read that James Fowler has spoken out in the Sunday Mail about Rangers latest embarassment.

For the SFA to be delaying their Ashley investigation until April is laughable.

The same regulator couldnt wait to dish out points deductions and fines to Livingston recently. I wonder why that was? Could it be anything to do with the fact that their would be no legal challenge and no media interest?

I have been disgusted at the way the media have failed to address the real issue here. They keep bleating on about how these players will be accommodated and will it disrupt the dressing room? The real question that they should be asking is ........................are these loan deals contravening the conflict of interest rules and if by some miraculous quirk of fate that they are not then the rules need to be changed immediately.

Kind of getting bored of the subject. He's not going to get one anytime soon, obviously is waiting for the right person or waiting till he gets job permanently. Don't get me wrong I think we need one, but we're tickling along reasonably well. I think a few of us myself included looked into the Hibs defeat far too much.

I was under the impression that he did have the job permanently. Probably too much being made of this issue in my opinion. We have a Sports Scientist guy (back yesterday I notice) and quite a few senior players capable of taking pre-match routines, and a gk coach, all of whom should be helping the Manager. I,m sure if it was a major problem to him he would have appointed someone.

He's got it permanently in so far as his title isn't interim or caretaker manager. He's only contracted until the end of the season though. It would probably be wise of the club to consider putting an extension on the table for him fairly soon. It may encourage the players to re-sign because it's clear they all enjoy working under him.

Of course maybe he's been set targets which if he meets them will trigger an extension. You'd have to feel whatever targets have been set, that he's on track to achieve them.

I was under the impression that he did have the job permanently. Probably too much being made of this issue in my opinion. We have a Sports Scientist guy (back yesterday I notice) and quite a few senior players capable of taking pre-match routines, and a gk coach, all of whom should be helping the Manager. I,m sure if it was a major problem to him he would have appointed someone.

Liam was on a course (which was booked before he joined us) over the last two weekends towards improving his qualifications. He missed the matchdays against Hibs and Cowdenbeath but was working with the players through the week before each game. Chris Higgins and Chris Mitchell are both qualified fitness instructors, courses they were put through last season with club support. Higgy often does extra work with the likes of Kidd and McShane to work on their fitness and sometimes with the rest of the squad too.