The Queen of the South thread

I don't know why it's such a difficult concept for people to grasp. The official site, and quite rightly so, don't post anything until it's official.

Sites like this are for rumour and speculation. When the rumours come true it makes the OS appear slow with the news, but that is better than the club getting egg on their face by jumping the gun.

I don't know why it's such a difficult concept for people to grasp. The official site, and quite rightly so, don't post anything until it's official.

Sites like this are for rumour and speculation. When the rumours come true it makes the OS appear slow with the news, but that is better than the club getting egg on their face by jumping the gun.

The rumours have been pretty bloody accurate recently .

Ofcourse.

it only seems our website takes a little longer to communicate news than others.

The rumours have been pretty bloody accurate recently .

They really have.

Lots of people on here with decent sources.

Millar's a funny one. It's weird that someone so good at this level so recently, became pish overnight at a lower one. Hopefully, it's been a question of motivation which he'll rediscover down here.

At his best, he can be like a Bowey with vision and touch. This might prove to be a hopeless signing, but I'm kinda excited by it, in case it's not.

The trip to Falkirk on the 17th is shaping up to be a game riddled with subtexts.

They really have.Lots of people on here with decent sources.Millar's a funny one. It's weird that someone so good at this level so recently, became pish overnight at a lower one. Hopefully, it's been a question of motivation which he'll rediscover down here.At his best, he can be like a Bowey with vision and touch. This might prove to be a hopeless signing, but I'm kinda excited by it, in case it's not.The trip to Falkirk on the 17th is shaping up to be a game riddled with subtexts.

Millar was excellent in the 2 games I seen against Falkirk last season

Will Millar go straight into the starting 11 ?

I think for him to work, he needs to be given a bit space and leeway in which he got under Elvis and Holt.

Houstie is perhaps old school and is probably why it never worked under him

Millar will get a good reception on the 17th.... On reverse I somehow dont think Kerr or Baird will

No idea if he will go straight in.

I have no doubt that there will be little abuse against Kerr and Baird, if they play?

Kerr shone occasionally but was totally lost for space and awareness faster paced games.

Baird had one or two good games but he is really limited in ability.

Millar? Who knows? I think we have come out of this neutral at worst....

Will Millar go straight into the starting 11 ?

I think for him to work, he needs to be given a bit space and leeway in which he got under Elvis and Holt.

Houstie is perhaps old school and is probably why it never worked under him

Millar will get a good reception on the 17th.... On reverse I somehow dont think Kerr or Baird will

Reckon baird will get a bit of stick. Not too sure on kerr though as he was decent for us.

I`d imagine what will happen is that both will get stick. If either react to it in any way some of our fans will complain bitterly despite dishing out the stick in the 1st place,

Indeed. See Barry-John Corr as your first example, and he was still playing for us! That guy took absolute pelters when he was with us. I've yet to see any other QoS registered player be booed when their name is read on the team-sheet. He gives it back after a good performance, and those slating him are furious :lol:

I can mind being near the dugouts at a game versus Gr£tna, and our fans were giving Irons stick. Gr£tna scored and he ran on the pitch then shouted something back to the area he was receiving the most stick. One guy from the crowd walked up to the wall and got a policeman's attention and said he wanted to report Iron's for his behaviour! :lol::lol::lol: Thankfully the folk round about told him to have a word with himself.

I love it when a player banter's with the fans tbh. I think players should be able to give it back to the fans, within reason. I still become furious when a player is booked for holding his ear to opposition fans (even when it's against us). It's pathetic. The seethe it causes is hilarious if nothing else :thumsup2

Indeed. See Barry-John Corr as your first example, and he was still playing for us! That guy took absolute pelters when he was with us. I've yet to see any other QoS registered player be booed when their name is read on the team-sheet. He gives it back after a good performance, and those slating him are furious :lol:

I can mind being near the dugouts at a game versus Gr£tna, and our fans were giving Irons stick. Gr£tna scored and he ran on the pitch then shouted something back to the area he was receiving the most stick. One guy from the crowd walked up to the wall and got a policeman's attention and said he wanted to report Iron's for his behaviour! :lol::lol::lol: Thankfully the folk round about told him to have a word with himself.

I love it when a player banter's with the fans tbh. I think players should be able to give it back to the fans, within reason. I still become furious when a player is booked for holding his ear to opposition fans (even when it's against us). It's pathetic. The seethe it causes is hilarious if nothing else :thumsup2

The classic for me was Allan Jenkins playing for Stranraer being given absolute dog`s abuse and then loads of people being almost apoplectic with rage when he responded. :lol:

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I`d imagine what will happen is that both will get stick. If either react to it in any way some of our fans will complain bitterly despite dishing out the stick in the 1st place,

If they don't do a full Emmanuel Adebayor and sprint the full length of the pitch and knee slide in front of the away fans or cup their ear to the away fans then I'll be disappointed. I hate it when players don't celebrate they just look like a fanny by showing they don't celebrate.

Reckon baird will get a bit of stick. Not too sure on kerr though as he was decent for us.

I doubt if any stick they get will be based on how they performed for us it will be the method in which they apparently engineered their release. I would say the opposite to you that Kerr, who I confess not to be a great fan of anyway, deserves more stick that Baird. At least Baird seems to have left on a reasonably amicable fashion, asking for his release when he realised he was not going to be guaranteed a starting place. Plus Kerr referred to JT (allegedly) as a "non-football person". Quite agree that those dishing out the stick should be able to take it as well without chucking the toys out of the pram.

If they don't do a full Emmanuel Adebayor and sprint the full length of the pitch and knee slide in front of the away fans or cup their ear to the away fans then I'll be disappointed. I hate it when players don't celebrate they just look like a fanny by showing they don't celebrate.

Id say that more so if they are getting abuse.....Carl Finnigan was getting a fair bit of stick from our support and when he scored for Dundee, he didnt....

I cant think of any other ex player who didnt celebrate against us when scoring tho.....

A lot of our ex players get abuse after they leave, some are fairly quiet murmurs but Lee Miller and Mark Kerr got their fair share of it, of which I dunno why.....

Let's hope they don't have any reason to celebrate.

So, you'll agree with James McFadden's reaction to the Hamilton fans when he was walking off after receiving a red card and put it down to "playful banter with fans"?

I'm guessing you'll also disagree with the subsequent addition 2 match ban handed out to him by the SFA for his "offensive gesture"?!

So, you'll agree with James McFadden's reaction to the Hamilton fans when he was walking off after receiving a red card and put it down to "playful banter with fans"?

I'm guessing you'll also disagree with the subsequent addition 2 match ban handed out to him by the SFA for his "offensive gesture"?!

It`s no more playful banter than the stick players often receive from the fans. A good example of what some fans view as playful banter might be some of our support singing that Willie Gibson`s wife is a woman of easy virtue when he played and scored against us while he was at Falkirk.

It is the case that a player, e.g, McFadden in the incident you cite, can/should be punished by the SFA/SPFL for an offensive gesture. I`ve no difficulty with that.

What I think is very funny is the absolute rage demonstrated bu those dishing out what is on occasion pretty vile stick when any is given back. That`s totally different to saying any player shouldn`t be punished for an offensive gesture.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer