The Queen of the South thread

What a waste of a great talent he would be as well back at Palmerston.

Not financially he wouldn`t. Totally different level of earning potential where he is going and also a pretty decent standard.

Not too bad a move in my opinion. Fleetwood are clearly intent on doing well in League 1 and have an ambitious young manager. May be that their progress won`t be sustainable, time will tell but either way that won`t be Dobbie`s problem. Good luck to him.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

Fantasy football

http://www.fantastar.com/General/uageJo ... FLChb34e5b

You'll need the league password 002132SPFLChb34e5b to join the league

£5 to join, and £50 to the winner.

All championship teams and players are included...

All important rules

Team Selection

Your fantasy team must be made up of 11 players containing:

1 x goalkeeper (GLK)
4 x defenders (DEF)
4 x midfielders (MID)
2 x forwards (FWD)

You have unlimited transfers up to the first fixture.

You must transfer a player the day before the match for that player to score any points in that match.

How do I score points?

A Goalkeeper will score:

5 points for every goal scored. 6 points for every clean sheet. -1 points for every goal conceded.
A Defender will score:

5 points for every goal scored. 3 points for every clean sheet. -1 points for every goal conceded.
A Midfielder will score:

4 points for every goal scored.
A Striker will score:

3 points for every goal scored.

All Players will score:

2 points for every appearance. 2 points for every assist. -3 points for every yellow card. -6 points for every red card. 5 points for every man of the match

Unfortunately not got any queens, alloa or Dumbarton fans. But there are a few fans of every other team in the championship that have joined.

Any news on Mitchell by the way? Heard he has a really bad one with his back. Hope he is alright.

when does the under20s season start? had a mate who was watching saying they have a lot of young players and thinks a few could be good enough for the first team in a few years if they keep progressing . heard scott hooper played and wasn't that great

What a high level fans on this thread put on the Scottish Leagues.There is probably only 1 team in Scottish football who could offer him comparable wages and the level of League 1 (England) is probably at least as good as bottom half Scottish Premier. So wasted, you're having a laugh, unrealistic view of the Scottish leagues = PROBABLY ;)

What's the Scottish leagues got to do with it?! Folk are saying he should be playing in the ENGLISH Championship and not League 1.

when does the under20s season start? had a mate who was watching saying they have a lot of young players and thinks a few could be good enough for the first team in a few years if they keep progressing . heard scott hooper played and wasn't that great

League starts on Monday 1st September & Queens are home to Ayr United, though judging by the amount of subs they had on Wednesday night it looks like a fair few of the younger lads might not get the chance to impress unfortunately.

League starts on Monday 1st September & Queens are home to Ayr United, though judging by the amount of subs they had on Wednesday night it looks like a fair few of the younger lads might not get the chance to impress unfortunately.

how did the team play?

Has any one read the daily record today got a small section about wullie Gibson saying he needs a new club preferably in Scotland. Am I know right in thinking he had just signed for Workington?

What if anything had been done to improve the Terregles end of the ground in preparation this season? Still looks to me to be the same ramshackle terrace it always was over the past few seasons!!

Agreed. I was hoping it would look a bit smarter, but it's still got the same temporary fencing at the back that you get round building sites.

I've said before that I'd like to see the terracing open to all visiting supports, not just those of the big boys.

I'd also hoped though that it would be tidied. I'm guessing they've addressed some of the access issues raised during Rangers'visit last season, but given the extra revenue to be generated by said big boys this year, and the relaxing of top flight ground criteria, I'd have like to have seen additional attempts to once more make Palmerston genuinely four sided.

Absolutely nothing has yet been done to the Terregles End. Worry not. It will be addressed, though I doubt it will look much different anyway. The work needed is mostly on entrances and exits.

What's planned in that regard?

Will people still enter and leave via the side of the new stand, or will there be additional routes?

Will the back of the terracing look any more finished?

What's planned in that regard?Will people still enter and leave via the side of the new stand, or will there be additional routes?Will the back of the terracing look any more finished?

The new turnstiles next to the Rosefield Stand will still be used. I've no idea where another one is going. You would need to ask the Chairman about the rest of it.

What if anything had been done to improve the Terregles end of the ground in preparation this season? Still looks to me to be the same ramshackle terrace it always was over the past few seasons!!

If you look very closely you can see where some of the terracing has been repaired, which probably took all of two barrow loads of concrete. I believe most of the upgrade work during the close season has been to the dressing rooms, hospitality and boardroom areas. Probably if there is any money left over from keeping "the suits" comfortable some work may be done to tidy up the Terregles end.

If you look very closely you can see where some of the terracing has been repaired, which probably took all of two barrow loads of concrete. I believe most of the upgrade work during the close season has been to the dressing rooms, hospitality and boardroom areas. Probably if there is any money left over from keeping "the suits" comfortable some work may be done to tidy up the Terregles end.

I may be wrong but I'm sure those terracing repairs were carried out last season for the visit of rangers in the cup!!

I think you're right. I can't see any difference at all.

I believed the work required to increase the Terregles end capacity was more to do with the turnstiles and exit areas. Following the close season I was expecting to see some yellow markings on the terrace like was carried out on the Portland road terrace plus a more permanent perimeter fence around the terrace instead of the heras fencing which does nothing to enhance the dilapidated look of that end of the ground! Edited by Mustafa_sheet

Work will start this week on the terracing and turnstyles .

I'm guessing this is due to the return to work after trades fortnight by building craftsmen and the timescale required to complete the works before the Hibs game in September. Be great to see that end of the ground spruced up.