The Queen of the South thread

You would think Saints might want to keep him just at the moment in case either Banks or Mannus get injured heading into Europe?

As his "parent" club St. Johnstone probably have an agreement to be able to recall him if they need him and probably have a say if they don't want him playing in certain cup competitions in case he's cup-tied.

I doubt Banks and Mannus will be injured at the same time to be honest, and we have Mark Hurst who's a Under 19s call up for Scotland if we need someone on the bench. Imagine Clark will be with you all season long

Is the new pitch ready for football action?

Any pictures posted anywhere of the new surface?

Heard it is a far better & darker green pitch than the original.

Not yet. There is still sand and crumb to be put down and properly brushed in. The surface itself is down though.

The club Facebook page has pictures I took of James Fowler when he was down to sign his contract with the new pitch looking outstanding in the background. Similar photos will be in the Standard on Wednesday I expect.

Petrofac Training Cup Draw

Petrofac Training have taken over as sponsors of the Challenge Cup for 2014/15 and the 1st Round draw takes place tomorrow at 2pm in the Boardroom at Easter Road, Hibernian FC.

The competition will again be regionalised for the first two rounds and we will be in the South West section along with the following other 15 clubs:

Airdrieonians, Albion Rovers, Annan Athletic, Ayr United, Berwick Rangers, Clyde, Dumbarton, Heart of Midlothian, Hibernian, Livingston, Morton, Queen`s Park, Rangers, Spartans, Stranraer

First Round ties will be played on Saturday 26th July with 3pm kick offs so this will be our first competitive match of the new season and we will carry news of the draw as soon as we know it tomorrow.

From official QOS site.

Edited by BillyRoughley

Is the new pitch ready for football action?

Any pictures posted anywhere of the new surface?

Heard it is a far better & darker green pitch than the original.

I take it you don't look at the QOS Mad page or the Queens official & unofficial Facebook pages . They're full of photos of the new pitch ;)

I go to a lot of English non league games when I can't get up to Dumfries. It just got me thinking about what they do down here to encourage fans to games. I like the idea you can get a beer in a plastic cup and walk around the stadium whilst drinking it. Also there is a bookie at the grounds to ,let you enjoy a wee flutter. You can go and sit down in the stand at no extra cost if your feet get sore. Maybe some of these would help more folk go to the games in Scotland?

I go to a lot of English non league games when I can't get up to Dumfries. It just got me thinking about what they do down here to encourage fans to games. I like the idea you can get a beer in a plastic cup and walk around the stadium whilst drinking it. Also there is a bookie at the grounds to ,let you enjoy a wee flutter. You can go and sit down in the stand at no extra cost if your feet get sore. Maybe some of these would help more folk go to the games in Scotland?

I know of quite a few 'auld yins' that stand the first half and sit in the new stand in the second - whilst that's never been a problem at Palmerston I guess it won't be an option against the big three this season. Also, the bookies portacabin idea was trialled a few seasons ago, but it's long since disappeared - I'd wager it was killed off by the growth in smartphone gambling.

As for drinking, I have to say I enjoy a swalley more than most, but the era of drinking at the game has passed imo. Best enjoy your pint in a decent pub before and after the game, say I. Whilst the vast majority can handle their hooch, it only takes one likkered-up wee tube to spoil it at the game.