The Queen of the South thread

Robinson got a lot of unnecessary stick from Rovers fans which clearly didn't go unheard going by his post match interview after the Rangers cup game. Wouldn't surprise me at all if it was a case that he didn't want to re-sign and I don't blame him.

Agreed but bar the challenge cup final I don't think he covered himself in glory at Raith. Cuthbert must be raging, played near enough every game at Hamilton and gets chucked. Never really rated him but must be decent cover at Accies if he isn't going to be first choice.

Accies have just signed McGovern. Cuthbert is a long way behind him

ame="Besty" post="8505613" timestamp="1402498706"] ahh, thought he had been released..

Either way, I'm sure most, if not every rovers fan wanted to see him walk, got a better keeper signed up today than him anyway

ame="Besty" post="8505613" timestamp="1402498706"] ahh, thought he had been released..

Either way, I'm sure most, if not every rovers fan wanted to see him walk, got a better keeper signed up today than him anyway

Not sure really came highly regarded from QOS fans and showed his capabilities in the cup final got some gyp from the fans which in his own words doesn't help

I too don't think he payed to his capabilities in his tine with us but then again made very few mistakes, see how cuthbert does but ???????????????

Not sure really came highly regarded from QOS fans and showed his capabilities in the cup final got some gyp from the fans which in his own words doesn't help

I too don't think he payed to his capabilities in his tine with us but then again made very few mistakes, see how cuthbert does but ???????????????

What's the deal with McGurns fitness ?

Someone said earlier Robinson already has a new club but it wasn't us. If this isn't true I would far sooner have him back than Clark as it would mean he was our signed player and I also think he is the better keeper overall. Hopefully we can lure Conroy and maybe make 1 marquee signing. Don't think Im being unreasonable expecting 1 marquee signing given how much money we will make next season. Faddy anyone?

Someone said earlier Robinson already has a new club but it wasn't us. If this isn't true I would far sooner have him back than Clark as it would mean he was our signed player and I also think he is the better keeper overall. Hopefully we can lure Conroy and maybe make 1 marquee signing. Don't think Im being unreasonable expecting 1 marquee signing given how much money we will make next season. Faddy anyone?

Naw.

Hopefully we can lure Conroy and maybe make 1 marquee signing. Don't think Im being unreasonable expecting 1 marquee signing given how much money we will make next season. Faddy anyone?

I don't think spunking cash (that is not yet in our pockets) on one marquee signing is the right idea to be honest.

Don't get me wrong it would be great to get a quality player or two. That said, the cash could be spent a lot more wisely than on one injury prone player's last hurrah.

It's time now surely for the club to announce ticket details for next season, so many rumours are putting people that I have spoke to in the past couple of weeks off purchasing its time to strike while the irons hot before the World Cup takes over!

Hibs Hearts & Rangers are making all the newspaper headlines off the field at the moment remember they are all in our league, let's get as many Queens fans signed up for the season as we can.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

It's time now surely for the club to announce ticket details for next season, so many rumours are putting people that I have spoke to in the past couple of weeks off purchasing its time to strike while the irons hot before the World Cup takes over!

Hibs Hearts & Rangers are making all the newspaper headlines off the field at the moment remember they are all in our league, let's get as many Queens fans signed up for the season as we can.

Out of interest, what rumours?

Conroy was strongly linked to us in last nights Evening Tele in Dundee. Alloa are also apparently after him.

As for Robinson, I feel bad for the guy but I feel it is the best for both parties. He came in and replaced Ross Laidlaw who had been brilliant against Hibs, only for us to concede four goals in 45 minutes against Accies, none of which he could do much about. From there, after a few weeks the fans began to look for a scapegoat and fingers were pointed towards him and the rest of our defence.

I'll always look back fondly on the cup final in April and wish the guy all the best as he came across as a top bloke. Sadly, he was always going to be struggling when compared to David McGurn who is pretty much a club hero.

Don't think Im being unreasonable expecting 1 marquee signing given how much money we will make next season. Faddy anyone?

Signing someone over 30 who used to be really good on big wages for one last hurrah is a transfer policy that is a distinctly Rangers thing to do and copying their model of player recruitment and financial structure isn't something I'd recommend.

Personally I've always thought Cuthbert was a good goalkeeper although he isn't as agile as Lee he's pretty solid and dependable (apart from that goal in the first leg of the playoffs) I guess around similar for this. I also rate Zander better than Lee as he is more commanding and a lot of potential to get better. He has a bright future if he avoids injury.

Signing these "last hurrah" kind of players has had mixed outcomes in the past. Allan Johnston, Brian McLaughlin, Stuart Lovell, Stevie Tosh, Brian Reid, Andy Goram, Barry Wilson and Neil MacFarlane were all marquee signings who could be considered past there best when signed, succeeded and at times excelled with the club. Others such as big Marv were the complete opposite. At least though they generated some interest and I just feel we need one signing of a high profile to boost the excitement of fans. Definitely wouldn't recommend flooding our team with this kind of player like Rangers.

Someone said earlier Robinson already has a new club but it wasn't us.

It was me. His contract at Raith was only to the summer and he was never going to stay as he has another club set up. I really can't say anymore than that as it's not my place.

People who've known me on P&B, QOS mad and the prior message boards will know that I'm not one to talk shite or create a made up rumour. Time will reveal his destination!

Hibs, Hearts and Sevco will make the headlines all season. That's how the media work. It wouldn't matter if Queens signed Messi.

I think in Holt we have one of the best full-backs in the league and in Higgins we have ample cover. It's certainly no weaker than right-back where we have a solid performer in Mitchell, and if the playoff game is anything to go by, a suitable deputy in Dowie. We also have Kidd who I thought looked more comfortable in that game at full-back rather than midfield.

I certainly don't view left-back as a problem position, do you?

I'm happy with the squad in all honesty. An out-and-out left winger would have been nice. The fact one hasn't been signed yet another striker has indicates that Russell will remain a wide player. I can live with that though.

Whilst Mitchell is a good overlapping full-back whose dead ball deliveries and crosses have created plenty of goals, on the defending side of his game he can be a bit suspect.

Signing these "last hurrah" kind of players has had mixed outcomes in the past. Allan Johnston, Brian McLaughlin, Stuart Lovell, Stevie Tosh, Brian Reid, Andy Goram, Barry Wilson and Neil MacFarlane were all marquee signings who could be considered past there best when signed, succeeded and at times excelled with the club. Others such as big Marv were the complete opposite. At least though they generated some interest and I just feel we need one signing of a high profile to boost the excitement of fans. Definitely wouldn't recommend flooding our team with this kind of player like Rangers.

None of those are comparable to McFadden in the slightest way, not to mention bringing Neil Macfarlane (wrongly) into support your argument is an unforgivable sin. The impact of his wages bringing a little more season tickets wouldn't be viable (unless he was willing to drop his wages) and be a waste of money that could be better spent elsewhere on something we need. Those players were available at an affordable wage and fitted in the coaches plans rather than for purely "generating an interest."