The Queen of the South thread

Very pleased to hear that Queens are keeping the admission fees exactly the same as last season. Shows they are not out to make a quick buck but thinking long term . Well done !

Hats off to the board for keeping the prices the same . A sensible & correct decision

I also notice that Colin McMenamin who claimed that Scottish football was dead when he signed for Celtic Nation at the start of last season, has signed for Stenhousmuir as player/coach. Obviously the land of the dead must still have some appeal especially when Celtic Nation, the gravy train that some people couldn't wait to jump on, found itself short of steam in the race to the finish line, beaten by the Spennymoor Express.

pfft nothing special imo. Continuity is usually good but feel our squad needs freshened up more with creativity. Our football was stale quite often last season - even when we were winning

Sign of a good team when you play badly but keep grinding out results.........Squad shaping up nicely :-)

McIntyre is definitely playing it safe by assembling largely the same squad as last season.

It might be uninteresting for us (the signing of Baird was met with much less enthusiasm than the rumoured English striker, despite Baird being the better signing). It's a sensible strategy. This group achieved 4th and may well have done better. Despite the opposition likely being tougher next season, I see no reason why they can't replicate last season's finish.

Edited by palmy_cammy

McIntyre is definitely playing it safe by assembling largely the same squad as last season.

It might be uninteresting for us (the signing of Baird was met with much less enthusiasm than the rumoured English striker, despite Baird being the better signing). It's a sensible strategy. This group achieved 4th and may well have done better. Despite the opposition likely being tougher next season, I see no reason why they can't replicate last season's finish.

Obviously, a keeper is key, but the strong rumour is that Clark will also return.

Given we'll have the same squad from the start of the season, this time, should mean we'll be competing in the top half again. The signing of Baird could prove critical in that and, while its nice to have the same squad and there are a lot of positives around that, it would be nice to see another couple of new faces to freshen things up

pfft nothing special imo. Continuity is usually good but feel our squad needs freshened up more with creativity. Our football was stale quite often last season - even when we were winning

Agree with the continuity and that McIntyre is playing it safe and I don't see any reason why we cant fight again for a top four spot. I'm sure those in charge would be happy to ensure we stay in this league come the end of next season, with a healthy profit in the bank as there'll be at least another couple of interesting and financially lucrative seasons to come in the Championship . They are not going to splash much cash and I don't really think they would need to, although I would still like to see a left sided defender/midfielder come in. Our weakness is on our left hand side.

Obviously, a keeper is key, but the strong rumour is that Clark will also return.

Given we'll have the same squad from the start of the season, this time, should mean we'll be competing in the top half again. The signing of Baird could prove critical in that and, while its nice to have the same squad and there are a lot of positives around that, it would be nice to see another couple of new faces to freshen things up

Are there?

The prodigal son returns, I hope not, he's not for this league.

I think Mr X means Zander Clark ;)

Aye, I jumped the gun there, With Miller signing again for the zombies I went off on one. Anyway he might have meant senior. :lol: Edited to say, yes Zander is a must.

Edited by Hawk

Aye, I jumped the gun there, With Miller signing again for the zombies I went off on one. Anyway he might have meant senior. :lol:

Charlie has just splattered coffee all over his keyboard at the very thought! :P