The Queen of the South thread

It is a tricky balancing act as there are bound to be a couple of our bigger games on TV. Therefore bumping up the price will be counter productive.

On that basis there is an argument for reducing the admission price slightly (for televised matches) to attract more to the game. Particularly on a Friday night or early Saturday/Sunday afternoon.

Less is sometimes more.

Edited by qos_75

If every club still in the Championship from last season adopts the Category A and B pricing system, it seems a bit unfair on the travelling fans of the 3 new clubs ( assuming they are classed as Category A opposition) that they will pay higher admission prices at almost every away game whilst home supporters of the other clubs will only have to pay Category A prices on 6 occasions. What if Hearts, Hibs and rangers decided to bump their home prices up when Queens were the visitors yet kept it down for other clubs' visits, would we think that fair.

Attendances for the visits of these three teams will be significantly higher so income will obviously be increased in proportion. I think that season tickets should be set at a competitive rate to encourage a greater uptake with walk-up prices increased minimally, if at all, and be the same for all games. Add on the potential extra income from commercial sales, hospitality, TV, etc. and the club will still make money.

Guest TOPFITTER

Raith confirm there is to be no category listings. All games £17 for home and away.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ SEEMS REASONABLE

One price for every game is the way to go . The league should ban clubs from charging different prices for different opponents .

We have 100 away fans in a B game paying £16 .

We have 3000 away fans paying £20 in a A game.

We have £1500 Queens fans paying £16 in a B game.

We have 3000 Queens fans paying £20 in a A game

This will be 6 A home games I will let you add up the extra money Queens could make £££

Edited by Northfield 53

Queens are going to make money from our 6 bigger games next season whatever happens .

It's totally unfair to charge 1 price for some teams & another price for others .

We've complained when Dundee charge extra in the past now you're wanting us to do the same ...!!!

Overprice the games & you'll scare away some fans - Simples

Encourage don't deter people to Palmerston

We have 100 away fans in a B game paying £16 .

We have 3000 away fans paying £20 in a A game.

We have £1500 Queens fans paying £16 in a B game.

We have 3000 Queens fans paying £20 in a A game

This will be 6 A home games I will let you add up the extra money Queens could make £££

Yes, it might make more money.

That doesn't however necessarily make it the right thing to do.

Neil Alexander really gonna come from English premiership to Scottish championship?! Zander will be at queens

Back page of the Sun today Alexander to Hearts, sure they are a championship club?

I'd keep prices the same across the board apart from the away gate when The Rangers visit. Charge them £30. f**k them.

Being serious though, a look at the last few pages and the various views shows what a minefield it is. Maybe those berating the board for taking their time over the decision should give them a bit of breathing space to make a decision.

How about a variable rate? £15 for, say, Cowden, Alloa and Dumbarton, £17 for Livvy, Raith and Falkirk and top whack £19 for the rest.

Is that viable?

I don't want to blow my own horn here - if I could do that then I would never leave the house. Boom tish!!

Anyway, I still believe that my three-way charging plan adds up. If you are unable/unwilling to buy a season ticket, then my plan is still going to result in 'real' fans paying an acceptable £17 per game to go and watch every home league fixture at Palmerston. Visiting Hibs/Hearts/Sevco fans would be paying more to come to Palmerston but, tbh, they're used to those sort of prices anyway....

This is a once-in-a-generation opportunity for the club to maximise income from league fixtures, so as long as the home support isn't being ripped off then that's my only concern.

I'd be pretty disappointed if the club had two different prices for games. This league will be the best queens have played in for a long time, so should doing their best to encourage fans through the door.

Being serious though, a look at the last few pages and the various views shows what a minefield it is. Maybe those berating the board for taking their time over the decision should give them a bit of breathing space to make a decision.

Have some posters been a little impatient palmy_cammy? The season is just over so what's the rush?! I'm guessing the board were waiting to see the outcome of the Hamilton/Hibs game before making an informed decision on next season's gate prices.

I'm sure whatever the board decide on will be in the best interests of the football club......after all, the men at the top are very successful businessmen in their own field. Can't fault their judgement so far. In the meantime you can't beat a bit of healthy discussion on the matter.

Roll on next season :-)

The artwork on the front cover of the matchday programme from last nights Scotland v Nigeria game was designed by the artist Paine Proffitt who has been working with the Queens Trust on our matchday posters.

The latest customer to buy the framed QOS artwork by Paine Proffitt says 'they look fantastic!'

Follow link below for more info and details of how you can purchase the pictures.

http://queenstrust.org/?p=358

If interested please get your orders in soon.

Have some posters been a little impatient palmy_cammy? The season is just over so what's the rush?! I'm guessing the board were waiting to see the outcome of the Hamilton/Hibs game before making an informed decision on next season's gate prices.

I'm sure whatever the board decide on will be in the best interests of the football club......after all, the men at the top are very successful businessmen in their own field. Can't fault their judgement so far. In the meantime you can't beat a bit of healthy discussion on the matter.

Roll on next season :-)

It least one board member was out the country last week so maybe they're waiting until they can all sit down together and make a decision on ticket prices