The Queen of the South thread

If I were in charge at Palmy I would keep season ticket prices the same as last year but I would increase the pay at the gate price by £1. At £17 a game we would still be one of the cheapest in the division, it might even encourage more fans to buy a season ticket, myself included.

How about a variable rate? £15 for, say, Cowden, Alloa and Dumbarton, £17 for Livvy, Raith and Falkirk and top whack £19 for the rest.

Is that viable?

How about a variable rate? £15 for, say, Cowden, Alloa and Dumbarton, £17 for Livvy, Raith and Falkirk and top whack £19 for the rest.

Is that viable?

Good thinking.....category pricing is used by various clubs around the world so why not in the scottish championship.

Good thinking.....category pricing is used by various clubs around the world so why not in the scottish championship.

Am sure I have seen at least 1 club using a category a & b for games this coming season in the championship, so why not.

What is it with age and fitba tops? I know plenty of blokes in their 60's and 70's following their local teams and wearing their tops at games or whilst abroad on holiday. I recently saw Frank Currie wearing one and he's nearly 80 FFS :unsure:

Noticed veteren goalkeeper Neil Alexander has been released by crystal palace, could he still do a job at Palmerston? Frightened Zander doesn't get out to us on loan and we are left like last season.

Noticed most clubs have now set prices for next season, and started selling season tickets also.

Hope Queens don't delay too long the sooner they go on sale the better for the club.

I'm sure there is a lot of thought going into the pricing structure.

Do you think QOS will go down the game category route

Hibs Hearts and Rangers category A and the rest category b.

With A games being a higher price

Do you think QOS will go down the game category route

Hibs Hearts and Rangers category A and the rest category b.

With A games being a higher price

I for one wouldn't be against the idea. Be tempted to keep prices at £16 for cat B games and make it £18 for cat A. Also keep season ticket prices the same as last season which gives fans the extra incentive to purchase one,

SD can you shed any light on this please? ie are the board considering introducing category pricing. Cheers.

What's a ' real ' fan Northfield ?

Please explain ;)

Someone who has not missed a home game for 30 years❗❗❗

Now I think we should do it the way Dumbarton are doing it.

Have A games and B games.

The A games against Rangers Hearts and Hibs charge £20.

We have to so that we can get the most out of the huge away support.

Then back down to the normal £16 for the rest of the home games.

And just to add , if you increase your prices then there's a real chance you scare away potential supports from attending matches .

Wonder how many ' real fans ' Queens have ? i.e. - not missed a game in 30 years ;)

One price for every game is the way to go . The league should ban clubs from charging different prices for different opponents .

Disagree. Category pricing is used widely across the footballing world especially down south in arguably the best league in Europe. It's a case of supply and demand and Queens should maximise the potential earnings. I wouldn't ramp prices up as far a £20 as one poster suggested but would add on a more conservative rise of £2-3. The up and coming fixtures against the rangers and the 2 Edinburgh clubs will be a big draw and I don't think punters will be put off in the slightest if there is a small price increase.

Mon the South.