The Queen of the South thread

I'm always impressed when the likes of JR, Monkey Tennis and yourself rattle off facts and figures from games in the distant past whilst I can barely manage to remember things from just over a year ago!

Don't be too impressed.

Unlike SD, I never check. In fact, I regard looking things up as cheating.

That however, is why I'm usually wrong.

You might be aware of this but Steve Banks has signed a contract extension with us, so its pretty much 100% certain Clark will be loaned out this season, unless of course Mannus or Banks picks up a huge injury packing their suitcases of course

I'd take oor Willie back as well. I thought we lacked a bit of creativity last year - we had lots lots of solid midfielders, but not many (probably only Paton on his day) that had the natural ability to unlock a tight defence with a pass or piece of skill. We need that type of player and I think Willie is worth another punt. He can also play wide left, a position the squad is currently short on.

I'd take oor Willie back as well. I thought we lacked a bit of creativity last year - we had lots lots of solid midfielders, but not many (probably only Paton on his day) that had the natural ability to unlock a tight defence with a pass or piece of skill. We need that type of player and I think Willie is worth another punt. He can also play wide left, a position the squad is currently short on.
" Paton on his day " . Yes , exactly , how many 'days' does he ever have ? Technically the best player in the team .

I stand corrected. I'm always impressed when the likes of JR, Monkey Tennis and yourself rattle off facts and figures from games in the distant past whilst I can barely manage to remember things from just over a year ago!

My point still stands though. He was excellent that day. The Stranraer players were basically lining up to try and injure him. Unfortunately one of them was eventually successful.[/quote One of my wifes recurring moans is that I can't remember things she has told me ten minutes before but can clearly recall something Qos related from thirty years ago . She might , just might, have a point .

You might be aware of this but Steve Banks has signed a contract extension with us, so its pretty much 100% certain Clark will be loaned out this season, unless of course Mannus or Banks picks up a huge injury packing their suitcases of course

Hopefully comes back here. I've been really impressed with Zander. Definitely got the making of a cracking 'keeper.

A wee burd told me that our ex assistant manager, Sandy Clark, could be in the frame for the Clyde job after leaving Killie.

Wonder who Magic will get in as his assistant now?

Job%20Centre_608x376.png?1363778067

I'm sure everyone here will give him all the Assistance he requires :ph34r:

A wee burd told me that our ex assistant manager, Sandy Clark, could be in the frame for the Clyde job after leaving Killie.

Wonder who Magic will get in as his assistant now?

Ex Hearts Manager Gary Locke supposed to be joining Johnston at Killie as No.2

Guest TOPFITTER

Ex Hearts Manager Gary Locke supposed to be joining Johnston at Killie as No.2

Why does that seem less than positive for Magic to me ???

Really hope the BOD's aren't tempted to increase the season ticket prices next season to cover costs of extra stewarding / Policing when Hibs , Hearts & Rangers visit

If I were in charge at Palmy I would keep season ticket prices the same as last year but I would increase the pay at the gate price by £1. At £17 a game we would still be one of the cheapest in the division, it might even encourage more fans to buy a season ticket, myself included.

If I were in charge at Palmy I would keep season ticket prices the same as last year but I would increase the pay at the gate price by £1. At £17 a game we would still be one of the cheapest in the division, it might even encourage more fans to buy a season ticket, myself included.[/quoteThey should put up the gate money at least £2.You will get folk who will only come to the big games and will get more money from the big away support.

Make season tickets cheaper this season then the real fans can buy them

They should put up the gate money at least £2.You will get folk who will only come to the big games and will get more money from the big away support.

Make season tickets cheaper this season then the real fans can buy them

If you were a real fan you'd have no issue paying more ;)

I don't agree with my first sentence, and I really disagree with the idea that not getting a season ticket stops you being a real fan. I live half the country away, and if Queens were to put the price up and I can get to one of a close away game or a home game I'll take the away game, and the club loses out.

I have lived in portsmouth for last 8 years I get to at least 5-10 home games a season which is a lot of money on petrol

Later this year I will be moving to Edinburgh with my work been assigned to the new aircraft carrier was looking at getting a season ticket but as I will probably be at more away games than games at home I doubt I'll be buying one as just doesn't make financial sense

Still hope I can be classed as a real fan ;)

I have lived in portsmouth for last 8 years I get to at least 5-10 home games a season which is a lot of money on petrol

Later this year I will be moving to Edinburgh with my work been assigned to the new aircraft carrier was looking at getting a season ticket but as I will probably be at more away games than games at home I doubt I'll be buying one as just doesn't make financial sense

Still hope I can be classed as a real fan ;)

Glory hunter IMO. Only moving to see Hibs and Hearts.