The Queen of the South thread

I liked him at Raith but he was never a high scorer. However, he did score that goal against sevco.

2002-04 Clyde 1 (0)

2004-07 St Mirren 22 (4)

2006 Stenhousemuir (loan) 19 (5)

2007 Montrose (loan) 9 (5)

2007-09 Montrose 41 (20)

2009-10 Airdrie 43 (13)

2010-12 Raith 71 (23)

2012-13 Dundee 37 (4)

2013-14 Partick 13 (0)

2014 Raith 12 (7)

I have to admit that when I heard we had signed him I automatically thought of another player of his type. I hope he doesn't turn out to be exactly like him, and I won't mention his name in fear of jinxing him. I will say though that the player he reminds me of used to play for St Mirren as well and his last name sounded a bit like Bean :ph34r:

ETA. That doesn't mean to say I'm disappointed with the guy signing; I'm really not. Merely pointing out that there are similarities to both players' styles.

Edited by 19QOS19

Heard talk today of Willie Gibson returning to scottish football could he be heading back to QoS for a third spell to link up with his old gaffer at Dunfermline?

I hope not.

Heard talk today of Willie Gibson returning to scottish football could he be heading back to QoS for a third spell to link up with his old gaffer at Dunfermline?

It's rumour mill time again!

No thank you. Attitude has always let willie down, shame as he was a very talented footballer.

His final game for us against Stranraer was easily his best during his second spell. He was virtually unplayable to point where our inbred friends had to resort to assaulting him to stop him. He was also very good up at Ibrox in the Ramsden's Cup that year.

That season summed him up though. Where less "gifted" players were shining against poorer opposition, Gibson clearly couldn't be arsed most of the time. It's a shame really as he could have absolutely destroyed that league.

I can't imagine a season earning big bucks in the Carlisle pub league will have done much for his development or motivation.

It's a no from me.

His final game for us against Stranraer was easily his best during his second spell. He was virtually unplayable to point where our inbred friends had to resort to assaulting him to stop him. He was also very good up at Ibrox in the Ramsden's Cup that year.

That wasn't his final game for us. That was the game where he broke his ankle but he came back from that and played four times in the weeks before the Ramsdens Cup Final including a start against Alloa in the 2-1 win and half an hour as sub in the 6-0 championship clinching game against Brechin before pulling his hamstring against Brechin the week before the Cup Final.

That wasn't his final game for us. That was the game where he broke his ankle but he came back from that and played four times in the weeks before the Ramsdens Cup Final including a start against Alloa in the 2-1 win and half an hour as sub in the 6-0 championship clinching game against Brechin before pulling his hamstring against Brechin the week before the Cup Final.

I stand corrected. I'm always impressed when the likes of JR, Monkey Tennis and yourself rattle off facts and figures from games in the distant past whilst I can barely manage to remember things from just over a year ago!

My point still stands though. He was excellent that day. The Stranraer players were basically lining up to try and injure him. Unfortunately one of them was eventually successful.

I stand corrected. I'm always impressed when the likes of JR, Monkey Tennis and yourself rattle off facts and figures from games in the distant past whilst I can barely manage to remember things from just over a year ago!

My point still stands though. He was excellent that day. The Stranraer players were basically lining up to try and injure him. Unfortunately one of them was eventually successful.

I didn't rattle it off to be fair, I couldn't have told you off hand he played four more times, I looked it up, but I knew he came back before the cup final including playing in the 6-0 game and then pulled his hamstring before the final. He was excellent against Stranraer that day. Outstanding.

I can remember him having a similar outing at Ayr that season. He was continually battered to the ground, but kept getting up and taking the piss out of the Ayr defence. An excellent player on his day. Whether rumours are true or not, I would certainly take Gibson over Cardle.

Was speaking to Willies father in law yesterday and he would love him back at Queens especially as he is a huge Qos fan as well. Talked about the Stranraer game where Gibson was cynically hacked and badly injured . I remember it well and it was a brutal challenge that finally done him after they had been trying to do so all game . He said that Celtic Nation were cutting back ( already) having finished second in the league to Spennymoor and therefore missing out on promotion. Personally , think this Gretna mark 2 experiment is only going to go one way and its not up.