The Queen of the South thread

I'd rather have Gavin than Baird as he's younger and will be cheaper but he will bag you 13 goals a season however he is pretty similar to Gavin.

Interestingly last season, Baird scored 8 in 14 games, in those games Raith won 2 twice, once against us and the other was the winner in the Ramsdens final.

Considering how badly Raith were from Christmas onwards there are quite a few red flags that surround them.

Id rather have both ;)

Is there any upcoming first or second division strikers that have caught the eye ? As someone said, there is a clamour for anyone who can score goals at a decent level ie Hemmings and he would likely recieve better money offers- or higher league ones even - than we could pay or play at.

Would Longworth at Stranraer be worth a shot ?

I very much doubt Longworth would play for queens, after they shafted him a few years ago. Plus, he's a teacher and part time football suits him more financially.

Is there any upcoming first or second division strikers that have caught the eye ? As someone said, there is a clamour for anyone who can score goals at a decent level ie Hemmings and he would likely recieve better money offers- or higher league ones even - than we could pay or play at.

These are the kind of gems we should be looking for. Might get one relatively cheap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27426089

It wont be specifically open but you can get in through the week. Jordan at the Arena has keys 9-5 or the club office can take you over 9-3 i think. I have no idea what stock they have.
It wont be specifically open but you can get in through the week. Jordan at the Arena has keys 9-5 or the club office can take you over 9-3 i think. I have no idea what stock they have.
Will the new pitch play and look like the Falkirk pitch.?.What is wrong with the pitch now?I hope this is not going to cost Queens a lot of money or are they giving us the upgrade for free.I thought out pitch was top of the range anyway !!!

Hello , we agree on something ^_^

Well, keep at it and you might be right more often ;)

These are the kind of gems we should be looking for. Might get one relatively cheap.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/27426089

Worksop probably pay more than we do, never mind Rochdale

ETA - that might be a bit of an exageration but we certainly couldnt compete with a League One side

Edited by Mr X

22year old Striker Kyle Vassell close to signing on loan for next season from Peterborough.

Where you heard this one Supersouth? One of the boys i know supports them so i'll see what he knows about him. To be honest i've heard it twice or thrice its John Baird were after.

Official site says it is being replaced with a new "state of the art" surface. Hopefully it's like the one at Falkirk.

Sorry, I must have picked things up wrong but wasn't the one laid at the start of last season supposed to be the best available. Perhaps we can cut other teams and players , as well as some of our own supporters, a bit of slack for complaining that it was not the great surface that many claimed it was.

Rather hsve Baird than this vassell 11 clubs in four years and a total of 17 goals from 80 games not good record

If you read his entry he went on a prolific record scoring 16 in 16 at Bishop Stortford before getting a big move to Peterborough which obviously was a step too far. The article hasn't been very well updated, could be a risk but has a higher upside to it than signing the usual journeyman who runs about a lot.

cant see them laying it at king George. where are the hockey folks going to go?

also about kyle vassel seems a decent player will ask one of the boys who has a soft spot for Peterborough what he is like

Baird would certainly be the safer option. Vassell appears to have a list of previous clubs to rival Leon Knight.

Located as we are though I've often felt we don't take enough advantage of the English market (John Connolly aside of course).