The Queen of the South thread

SD - do you know if the club shop is open between now and next season and if there are girls Qos tee shirts /tops? Both daughters badgering me to get them one each so at least my brainwashing is starting to come to fruition.

It wont be specifically open but you can get in through the week. Jordan at the Arena has keys 9-5 or the club office can take you over 9-3 i think. I have no idea what stock they have.

Ice bowl car park in front of the curling hall adjacent city electrical factors therefore no rental income for QOS.

I believe that's now changed & they're planning to use the Queens Arena car park for the swimming pool . Restricted times on match days though

Nope.

I'm sure you are one of those that would have wet sleepless nights at the thought of Clark returning to the club, me I just want good players who will do well in what should be a competitive league.

O...K

Not sure how you've come up with that one, seeing as I havent once said I would re-sign Clark if he was available.

So, you wouldnt sign Clark but you would sign Baird? Seems the reason you dont want to sign Clark is because you dont rate him, rather than anything do with the "dozens" of strikers available?

Thanks to everyone connected with QOS. That last minute equaliser meant we could beat Dunfermline in the play off final. Cheers.

It actually crossed my mind as I watched the post-match celebrations on Alba.

Surviving against us that day would have been good. But doing it today in front of a big crowd, live on TV in a local derby must have been brilliant.

It actually crossed my mind as I watched the post-match celebrations on Alba.

Surviving against us that day would have been good. But doing it today in front of a big crowd, live on TV in a local derby must have been brilliant.

It certainly was. I was really down after our game. However JN done a great job picking them up. Also to be fair the point you got at Central was more than deserved. Hopefully in the future we can give your supporters better facilities. Onward and upwards.

O...K

Not sure how you've come up with that one, seeing as I havent once said I would re-sign Clark if he was available.

So, you wouldnt sign Clark but you would sign Baird? Seems the reason you dont want to sign Clark is because you dont rate him, rather than anything do with the "dozens" of strikers available?

Correct on the first two points as for your last point keep checking the media there are strikers being released every day. ^_^

You must know if our budget is being increased next season based on some of the crowds we'd be expecting, do you?

Correct on the first two points as for your last point keep checking the media there are strikers being released every day. ^_^

You must know if our budget is being increased next season based on some of the crowds we'd be expecting, do you?

As I said, I have no idea about the budget, nor ever have.

So why sign Baird if there are strikers being released every day?

It certainly was. I was really down after our game. However JN done a great job picking them up. Also to be fair the point you got at Central was more than deserved. Hopefully in the future we can give your supporters better facilities. Onward and upwards.

The people are on the whole very hospitable and the pies are ok even if you have to queue for ages, so I can live with that. If you're going to spend money I would rather you spent in on a roller and a lawnmower.

As I said, I have no idea about the budget, nor ever have.

So why sign Baird if there are strikers being released every day?

He's at a good age and is proven at this level.

I believe that's now changed & they're planning to use the Queens Arena car park for the swimming pool . Restricted times on match days though

As I read it, the Council want to build the temp swimming pool on Council property, i.e. Ice Bowl Car Park, which would obviously restrict the amount of parking available at the Ice Bowl. They have agreed with QoS to let those wishing to use the pool to have the use of the Arena car park with restricted parking when Qos have home games. This may however have changed since last week when our Chairman was in the papers explaining the situation. More to the point, and nothing to do with football, have any heads rolled in the Council for the continuing fiasco that is DG1? Has the Council tried to take action against the main contractors for compensation for their botched up work? Probably not, it'll be left to the local tax payers to cover for their incompetence (again)

I'm surprised with the fascination some have with Cardle. I'd be pretty disappointed if he came here. His main asset was his pace and in recent games he appears to have lost this. Were Raith not using him more centrally last term? Definitely wouldn't be an improvement on what we have IMO.

He's a definite improvement on Russell down the left. Played well against us up at Kirkcaldy both times.

I think I agree with you more than 19qos19. Cardle would give us another option on the left, may even be able to play in behind the strikers, but I wouldnt be all that bothered if he didnt sign and we looked elsewhere.

Baird, on the other hand, if that turns out to be true would be a great signing

Edited by Mr X

I'd rather have Gavin than Baird as he's younger and will be cheaper but he will bag you 13 goals a season however he is pretty similar to Gavin.

Interestingly last season, Baird scored 8 in 14 games, in those games Raith won 2 twice, once against us and the other was the winner in the Ramsdens final.

Considering how badly Raith were from Christmas onwards there are quite a few red flags that surround them.

Edited by Sloop John B