The Queen of the South thread

Have to say I thought Higgins and Mitchell might have been on their way - glad we've got them tied down for at least another season.

Bar Kerr, I'm not sure if I'd offer deals to any of the others whose contracts expire soon tho,

Great news. Exactly what I'd hoped for. Glad we've got a striker on board and that we've kept the same defence too. Getting a keeper sorted is priority now, in my opinion.

I'd be happy with Kerr, Paton and Carmichael signing but not so sure about Lyle.

Lyle is past it unfortunately and will be a waste of a wage. Happy with the others being offered new deals though but Carmichael has to show more performances like saturday to justify the new deal as in effect that was about his first good game this season

I see we have signed up a few today but can't remember who was signed up already . Maybe SD can give us a list ( so far) of our signed up squad for 2014-15 so we can start putting this team together and discuss where we need strengthened. Got to bring in a striker to play beside Reilly is my humble opinion.

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Updated squad:

Queen of the South

Goalkeepers

Jim Atkinson (19)

Defenders

Andy Dowie (31)

Mark Durnan (21)

Chris Higgins (29)

Kevin Holt (21)

Scott Hooper (19)

Chris Mitchell (26)

Midfielders

Paul Burns (30)

Kevin Dzierzawski (23)

Stephen McKenna (28)

Ian McShane (21)

Pat Slattery (21)

Forwards

Derek Lyle (33)

Gavin Reilly (21)

Iain Russell (31)

Aidan Smith (17)

Dean Smith (18)

Ages at 1st August 2014

Updated Queen of the South squad as of right now. Iain Russell listed as a forward though he's played more games as a left winger than anything else this season.

Contract offers have been made to Danny Carmichael, Mark Kerr and Michael Paton whilst negotiations are ongoing with St Johnstone to bring goalkeeper Zander Clark back on loan next season.

EDITED to add - Massive coincidence, JRS Left Peg's post wasn't there when I thought it would be an idea to update this! :lol:

Edited by Skyline Drifter

McIntyre should obviously benefit now in that he knows his squad inside out and should be able to give more consistent performances at the start of the season ( especially ) . Having said that , the results will be up and down simply with the strength of the other teams in the league to compete against . A fourth place next year will be a far greater achievement than last . I know that we are capable of giving all the other teams a right good game . A cracking league it will be .

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Being honest, I wouldn't have signed Higgins. But I suppose he's good cover at centre half and left back, I don't see him a starter above Durnan or Dowie. Great credit to McIntyre for getting everyone signed as quick. Like someone has stated getting Zander back has to be next priority, then a winger (hoping for Cardle) and a striker.

Being honest, I wouldn't have signed Higgins. But I suppose he's good cover at centre half and left back, I don't see him a starter above Durnan or Dowie. Great credit to McIntyre for getting everyone signed as quick. Like someone has stated getting Zander back has to be next priority, then a winger (hoping for Cardle) and a striker.
Very good cover is what Higgins will be . The same back four won't play every week for all sorts of reasons .

Pretty happy with the folk we have resigned. Will be very happy if Clark does come back.

Best of luck to Derek Young. I wasn`t impressed when heard we were signing him but he has been excellent for us.

Well documented that Antell was a poor signing. Hope it works out well for the guy.

Very good cover is what Higgins will be . The same back four won't play every week for all sorts of reasons .

This. I would class Higgins more as competition than cover. Very little in it between him and Dowie when they are both playing at their best. We saw on Saturday that Dowie provides decent cover at right back too, so to have Higgins in the squad means we're not weakened in the middle if Dowie has to play there.

Great stuff. All four have earned them.

Particularly pleased about Reilly as I'd been led to believe that the chances of him renewing were slim.

This, I'd heard the same so very pleasing. Thinks should be very interesting this season. I wonder if we will get any new players signed up soon or will McIntyre wait until pre season?

Pretty happy with what we have signed up so far. Really hope Danny signs. I know this has been a tough season for him but at his best he is a joy to behold.

There is of course the possibility of some new faces, ( no Calum Antells please!!! )

I don't rate Cardle that highly, his attitude seems to stink and only shows up for cup ties, seems like a bit of less jakey version of Willy McLaren.

Pretty happy with what we have signed up so far. Really hope Danny signs. I know this has been a tough season for him but at his best he is a joy to behold.

There is of course the possibility of some new faces, ( no Calum Antells please!!! )

I agree re Danny. If the remaining 3 sign up then I think we need a winger and a striker. I think we lack creativity in the middle as well, but another central midfielder would be overkill.

Great news about Paton wee Danny and M Kerr left to sign & then 2 or 3 additions and we will be set for next season, well done the manager and board acting so quickly.

Edited by SUPERSOUTH

Heard that Danny was looking at other options. Obviously been a tough season for him but thought he was brilliant on Saturday. If he got a run of games think he has the potential to have a much better season with us this year.