The Queen of the South thread

When were you last in the top division? Lets face it. The only exit you have from this division is down, no matter what pish you all spout on here.

How can clubs like Hamilton and Ross County do it then and stay there too? Both have been in much worse positions than Queens have ever been in but some sound management and building a really good squad over time helps. I'd say Queens chances are pretty slim but you never know.

In terms of the playoffs, I'd say it's probably fair enough that 3rd and 4th are playing extra, there should be some reward for having a better season as well as the league size means that it isn't that big an achievement being better than 6 other teams. But I'm happy to be part of the playoffs now we're in it and hopefully we can make some history.

Edited by Sloop John B

When were you last in the top division? Lets face it. The only exit you have from this division is down, no matter what pish you all spout on here.

I`m pretty sure won`t make it but we are pretty certain to be in the play-offs and thus only 6 games from being in the top league. While I doubt we will we don`t have a sequence of totally unbeatable teams ahead of us.

Thanks for your input anyway. Look forward to our reserve team sending you to the play-offs for the down route next weekend.

I`m pretty sure won`t make it but we are pretty certain to be in the play-offs and thus only 6 games from being in the top league. While I doubt we will we don`t have a sequence of totally unbeatable teams ahead of us.

Thanks for your input anyway. Look forward to our reserve team sending you to the play-offs for the down route next weekend.

Come on DD you are better than that . Miaow !

Yes I am aware we are not 100% in the playoffs.

But What price will the tickets be for the play off first leg?

What time will the kick off be?

Nothing has been decided yet on ticket prices & I'd imagine it'll be a 7.45pm kick off

If you roll over to us at the weekend I, and every Cowden fan alike, will support you in your quest for the SPL. It could be a new Scottish football bond.

Nah, unless you can think of a snappy name like the 'Hi-dees', then we have no deal Im afraid.

At least we are in the position of having a chance of going out of this division at the top end, although it is a long shot. I don't think anyone has said we will def win the play-offs. I don't see the relevance of when we were last in the top division to the situation both clubs are in now.

Who do queens hope they play in the first play off matches, my queens supporting mate says he would prefer accies over falkirk, i'l probably go with him to the 1st leg on tuesday, is it all ticket or pay at gate?

There is a ticket system in place for every game and you will be able to buy a ticket on the night. I'm also hoping for Hamilton purely for the fact that it's the shortest trip for the away leg. Edited by Dougie Mills

Who do queens hope they play in the first play off matches, my queens supporting mate says he would prefer accies over falkirk, i'l probably go with him to the 1st leg on tuesday, is it all ticket or pay at gate?

It's effectively pay at the gate. We don't do cash turnstiles and haven't for the last two seasons. You need a ticket but you buy it from one of two offices at the ground on the night of the game. So no, you don't need a ticket in advance though with season tickets not valid for this one and the away support needing to buy on the night also as we won't know who it is in time to send them tickets to sell directly the offices are likely to be busy and we're encouraging people to buy on Sunday or Monday if they can.

Personally I'd rather play Falkirk I think, or Dundee, than Accies. Just based on the fact Accies have comfortably looked the best of the three in the head to heads with us. We have won once against the other two and other games have all been single goal defeats. We've only got one point against Hamilton and they are the only team all season to have beaten us by more than one goal, which they've done twice. They seem to match up well against us, though we did beat them in the Scottish Cup.To be honest I'm not sure it make an awful lot of odds which one we get. There's not much between them.

It's effectively pay at the gate. We don't do cash turnstiles and haven't for the last two seasons.

Is it not just this season that's required people to buy tickets away from the turnstile, or has it been in place longer for away fans?

Is it not just this season that's required people to buy tickets away from the turnstile, or has it been in place longer for away fans?

It was in place all last season too. For both home and away, though we didn't use it for cup games last season.