The Queen of the South thread

Maybe SD can answer this. Are season tickets valid for home play off games

Not aware if that has even been considered yet but personally I would have thought it's unlikely. There isn't a voucher for it in the books for a start, though they could conceivably use "Cup Voucher 4" which should still be in people's books I suppose. Nos. 1 & 2 were used for the Hearts and Rangers ties and 3 was used to allow season ticket holders entry to the rearranged Falkirk game in February.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Give the guy a break you plum

Gie the boss a break!

Even at this late stage in the season there are still some who cannot see that this man's mismanagement has at times cost us points that would have made our end of season run-in more comfortable.

I have never thought that, if we reached the play-offs, our season tickets would be valid but it would be nice to think that the Clubs involved would maybe set a slightly reduced admission fee as some did for League Cup games, etc, earlier this season, maybe increasing as you progressed through the rounds.

Even at this late stage in the season there are still some who cannot see that this man's mismanagement has at times cost us points that would have made our end of season run-in more comfortable.

And his management hasn't earned us any points that we wouldn't have accumulated under a different manager I suppose.

Tough gig the hot seat at Palmerston isn't it, all the flak none of the credit!

Was just thinking it shows how far we've come in the last couple of years that were in with a chance of promotion to the top flight for the first time in however many decades and were not all thoroughly delighted.

Who could've envisaged such a quick turn around while watching Gus' mob falling to bits on a weekly basis.

And his management hasn't earned us any points that we wouldn't have accumulated under a different manager I suppose.

Tough gig the hot seat at Palmerston isn't it, all the flak none of the credit!

Mr. McIntyre will deserve his share of the credit if we reach the play-offs or better, but anyone who thinks he has not made serious errors of judgement, especially in the early stages of the season, which has probably given us a harder run-in than needed, is deluding themselves. Of course no-one can say how we would have fared under another Manager but don't make out that all has been hunky-dory during this man's reign.

Of course no-one can say how we would have fared under another Manager but don't make out that all has been hunky-dory during this man's reign.

I'm not suggesting it has, as we all know the first quarter wasn't acceptable. I give him credit for the form since though.

I do also accept he makes (on the face of it) some mental decisions, he does make the odd good one as well though!

I think for me I'll reserve judgement till next season, this season has been solid after the poor start and he's got us where I thought we'd be roughly. With a full pre-season and after having had two transfer windows I'd hope to see us improve and he has a lot less excuses for a bad start.

Was just thinking it shows how far we've come in the last couple of years that were in with a chance of promotion to the top flight for the first time in however many decades and were not all thoroughly delighted.

Who could've envisaged such a quick turn around while watching Gus' mob falling to bits on a weekly basis.

We're in with a chance of promotion purely down to the play-offs. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been any closer to promotion this year than we have been in the last few decades. That's a lot of people's problem though. Had he not tinkered so much with the team throughout the season then we may well have had a shot at promotion.

The guy has (almost) done what, in all honesty, the majority of QoS fans expected this term. Such is the lack of quality in the league and the strength of our squad 4th was always the minimum many hoped to achieve this year. So in a simplistic way JM should get a tick for doing it. Many will continue to criticise though, myself included, as they feel this season really was an oppurtunity missed and for the first time in decades we could have mounted a challenge for the title. For constantly tinkering with a settled and winning team he practically blew any chance of us mounting a challenge and therefore deserves the criticism he receives IMO.

Finishing 4th would have the stamp of "Job Done" on our season. So forgive me for not falling over myself to shower him with praise >_>

We're in with a chance of promotion purely down to the play-offs. If it wasn't for them we wouldn't have been any closer to promotion this year than we have been in the last few decades. That's a lot of people's problem though. Had he not tinkered so much with the team throughout the season then we may well have had a shot at promotion.

The guy has (almost) done what, in all honesty, the majority of QoS fans expected this term. Such is the lack of quality in the league and the strength of our squad 4th was always the minimum many hoped to achieve this year. So in a simplistic way JM should get a tick for doing it. Many will continue to criticise though, myself included, as they feel this season really was an oppurtunity missed and for the first time in decades we could have mounted a challenge for the title. For constantly tinkering with a settled and winning team he practically blew any chance of us mounting a challenge and therefore deserves the criticism he receives IMO.

Finishing 4th would have the stamp of "Job Done" on our season. So forgive me for not falling over myself to shower him with praise >_>

Precisely this.

We've finished in the top four in stronger 2nd tiers than this a couple of times in the last decade. The difference this year is structural and means that 4th is significant. McIntyre deserves no particular credit for that.

4th is the barest minimum this squad should have been looking to achieve. Early on, it looked like even this lay well beyond us, so well done McIntyre in improving us from that point. The thing that prevents us from getting too excited about our boss though, is the strong suspicion that he needlessly took us to that lowly point in the first place.

I don't think any of us arrived with anti-McIntyre agendas. Why would we?

That doesn't mean his actions can't foster some less than positive feelings towards him though.

I understand and agree with some of your points I suppose what it comes down to is what your pre season expectations were.

You obviously saw us good enough to win or challenge for the league title where as I thought our squad was a bit weak for that. I thought we'd finish somewhere between 4th & 7th.

So I'm always going to be more lenient in judging McIntyre I suppose.

My suspicions about the manager started in the early days of the season when his first signing was announced. Anyone who had watched us play any of the games against East Fife in the previous campaign would I'm sure had the same thoughts.

I understand and agree with some of your points I suppose what it comes down to is what your pre season expectations were.

You obviously saw us good enough to win or challenge for the league title where as I thought our squad was a bit weak for that. I thought we'd finish somewhere between 4th & 7th.

So I'm always going to be more lenient in judging McIntyre I suppose.

That's largely fair, but I don't think it's just down to pre-season expectations - it's from viewing what's transpired during the season too.

At the outset, I'd have said 4th should have been achievable, but I wouldn't really have expected a serious title push. It's clear however that the sides above us are not very much stronger. It's clear also that things would not have needed to be very much different at all for us to be right in the mix. The early home games against Dumbarton, Raith and Cowdenbeath, when the tinkering and poor choice of 'keeper were most exposed, really knackered us and it seemed so unnecessary. Even a merely disappointing, rather than pitiful record against those above us, would also have made a big difference.

Now, I know any team could point to ifs and maybe, but the sense that we're better than we've managed to project is a real one.

I'll now take the play-off spot happily if it arrives, but I still have the view that it's the least we should have achieved from this season, as it's panned out.

Edited by Monkey Tennis