The Queen of the South thread

I know I'm a stuck record so sorry in advance, but I totally reject such 'logic'.

Why the Hell would anyone wish to make their own mark, at the risk of damaging performance.

Did Johnston not have a bad start as a Killie manager?

From the outside looking in, McIntyre took a side just promoted, having lost two very key players and has took them to fourth place, as pointed out above he's your most successful manager at this level and still some people aren't convinced, bizarre.

I knew it wouldn't be long until our resident trolling Dunfermline fan would make an appearance.

Context is a wonderful thing. McIntyre has also enjoyed some benefits that other managers haven't had whilst managing us at this level. Namely a competent board, and the record breaking squad he inherited.

Ally McCoist is The Rangers most successful manager, being as he is the only one they've had. Doesn't make him Jose Mourinho.

I knew it wouldn't be long until our resident trolling Dunfermline fan would make an appearance.

Context is a wonderful thing. McIntyre has also enjoyed some benefits that other managers haven't had whilst managing us at this level. Namely a competent board, and the record breaking squad he inherited.

Ally McCoist is The Rangers most successful manager, being as he is the only one they've had. Doesn't make him Jose Mourinho.

I don't believe he is trolling, he probably, like me, finds it incredible that you can look at your squad and genuinely think it has the quality needed to put in a title challange.

I find it incredible the amount of supporters of other teams who have an opinion on what we should or shouldn't be achieving.

I assume you'll be able to find quotes from Queens fans suggesting we should be mounting a title challenge?

I find it incredible the amount of supporters of other teams who have an opinion on what we should or shouldn't be achieving.

I assume you'll be able to find quotes from Queens fans suggesting we should be mounting a title challenge?

Well there's plenty saying 4th is the minimum you should achieve and that McIntyre doesn't deserve any praise, the only thing he could have done beyond what he has would have been to mount a title challange. You don't have the ability for that so why can't he be praised for achieving the next best thing? And why is that not success rather than just meeting expectations?

Well there's plenty saying 4th is the minimum you should achieve and that McIntyre doesn't deserve any praise, the only thing he could have done beyond what he has would have been to mount a title challange. You don't have the ability for that so why can't he be praised for achieving the next best thing? And why is that not success rather than just meeting expectations?

Plenty? Really?

Be interesting to know what you're basing the "dont have the ability" on too.

I agree with the thrust of this, but before one of McIntyre's apologists points it out, Russell has been played through the middle once or twice, without success.

I don't recall this.

Me neither but may have been a game I missed but don't remember it being mentioned.

The only game that I can recall when Russell was definitely played through the middle was at Home to Raith (we lost 1-0) and he was completely ineffective.

The only game that I can recall when Russell was definitely played through the middle was at Home to Raith (we lost 1-0) and he was completely ineffective.

That one and the one against Cowdenbeath that finished 1-1. Plus as I said above he moved to partner Lyle up top away to Falkirk the first time.

Edited by Skyline Drifter

Agree about McShane . From not being in the face of his opposite number , he is right in their face now and working very hard.

Given that hes still carrying an injury, it will be interesting to see how well he does next season, presuming it gets sorted in the summer. Clearly improving every week this year

Agree about McShane . From not being in the face of his opposite number , he is right in their face now and working very hard.

He is slowly turning in to a big player for us. He doesn't have the physical attributes that McKenna has but he doesn't pick up the silly bookings either. I said about a year and also a few moths ago McShane is becoming an important figure in the middle of the park he brings a lot of energy and can see a pass. Game time has brought him on this season.

Given that hes still carrying an injury, it will be interesting to see how well he does next season, presuming it gets sorted in the summer. Clearly improving every week this year

What injury is he carrying, I thought he had an op last summer?

Put this in the match thread but just incase anyone missed it -

Overseas fans have the chance to watch the match live with DFCTV new live streaming service.

Our streaming service is also available on a game by game basis to those who are not members of the Exile package, but live out with the UK.

To sign up for the stream you should go to www.dfctv.co.uk and click on register, Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘DFCTV LIVE – ABROAD ONLY’ This will allow you to sign up at a cost of £10 and provide access to DFCTV for 24 hours.

Those who are looking to sign up from non-UK bank accounts should contact ross.day@dee4life.com who will arrange payment via paypal.

Put this in the match thread but just incase anyone missed it -

Overseas fans have the chance to watch the match live with DFCTV new live streaming service.

Our streaming service is also available on a game by game basis to those who are not members of the Exile package, but live out with the UK.

To sign up for the stream you should go to www.dfctv.co.uk and click on register, Scroll to the bottom of the page and click ‘DFCTV LIVE – ABROAD ONLY’ This will allow you to sign up at a cost of £10 and provide access to DFCTV for 24 hours.

Those who are looking to sign up from non-UK bank accounts should contact ross.day@dee4life.com who will arrange payment via paypal.

Interesting, who does the commentary?

This is true throughout football though. People couldn't understand why Cowden fans wanted rid of Cameron. A guy who had taken, and kept, us in the 1st division. However, as you are indicating, football is a much different game from the outside looking in. Fans will purely look at results while disregarding many other factors.

For what it's worth - based on Saturday - I thought Queens looked good. Quite fluently and move the ball well but can go direct and in behind using Reilly's pace if need be. I thought the defence looked competent with high balls (thought they weren't up against much) however never felt we pressed them enough on the ground. Kerr looked good but again we made him look a bit better with our performance.

It's a good set up and infrastructure too which is huge. It can really give you a competitive edge.

Last night it was back to the McIntyre poor management as far as I was concerned again. His loyalty to some players is to the detriment of the team. Last night I witnessed one of the most inept midfield performances I've seen in a while and it came from Kerr, who to be fair has been consistently good since he came. McIntyre makes his first substitution and he takes off McShane who was having a good game and to make matters worse Kerr got the full 90 mins!

I'm not sure if Kerr actually made a pass to one of his own players all night.