The Queen of the South thread

The spl is an opportunity for higher gates every week and celtic at home twice who cares about playing SEVCO and hearts but in reality do you think hewitson would let them go up if the opportunity arose because of the money that would need pumping in. I would love to see nothing more than spl football at Palmerston but this year I would say unlikely. I personally think we need a couple of seasons to build for it.

The spl is an opportunity for higher gates every week and celtic at home twice who cares about playing SEVCO and hearts but in reality do you think hewitson would let them go up if the opportunity arose because of the money that would need pumping in. I would love to see nothing more than spl football at Palmerston but this year I would say unlikely. I personally think we need a couple of seasons to build for it.

Are you seriously suggesting the Chairman doesnt want the club promoted?

Any increase in spend would be offset by the increase in revenue. As Cammy said, we might come straight back down again, but theres no reason anyone would have to "pump money in"

I don't want to watch Queens bumble about in the second tier playing the same teams and celebrating being slightly better than midtable for all my life. Why shouldn't Queens be competitive, if Ross County can last at the top level then why can't we.

I don't care about playing The Rangers next year and It wouldn't concern me in the slightest if we never played them again.

I meant the initial spend of going up will Palmerston need upgrades and such like just think financially it makes sense to set up for it so we aim to stay there I would love to see nothing more than qos in spl

I meant the initial spend of going up will Palmerston need upgrades and such like just think financially it makes sense to set up for it so we aim to stay there I would love to see nothing more than qos in spl

Palmerston is already compliant with the standards set for the SPFL premiership.

I don't want to watch Queens bumble about in the second tier playing the same teams and celebrating being slightly better than midtable for all my life. Why shouldn't Queens be competitive, if Ross County can last at the top level then why can't we.

I don't care about playing The Rangers next year and It wouldn't concern me in the slightest if we never played them again.

Agree with ALL of that!

I would love to see nothing more than qos in spl

Stop inventing obstacles about having to pump in radically more than we'd make, alongside a non-existent need to upgrade the ground then.

And stop calling the top flight the SPL.

Edited by Monkey Tennis

So not quite a once in a lifetime opportunity, but still something that hasn't happened for over half a century. And people would rather sacrifice it for a couple of games against The Rangers. Depressing.

This exactly. Some people are salivating at the thought of playing rangers (and Hearts) next season and the money these ties will bring in. I have said before that promotion to the Premierleague would be more of an earner over the season with TV money and the possibility of more travelling fans from the other clubs, certainly the visit of Celtic, Hibs, Kilmarnock (if they survive), Aberdeen and Dundee Utd would boost the average. Fair enough some Premierleague clubs may not have a big travelling support but in most cases it would be bigger than the crowds that most of the current Championship sides bring. We are currently in the play-off position with a lot of work still to do to decide what division we will be in next season but any Queens fan worth their salt should be hoping that we can go all the way. If we don't make it, fair enough, as long as we give it our best shot, and I'll welcome rangers and Hearts, etc, and their fans' money to Palmerston but it can't be preferable to playing in the top division.

Ryan McGuffie has had an eventful and mixed start to his time in Oz. On the good side , he scored twice in a 5-3 win over their local rivals . The bad thing was that the house he is staying at got broken into on only his third night . Phones , passport and a large amount of money got stolen.

Ryan McGuffie has had an eventful and mixed start to his time in Oz. On the good side , he scored twice in a 5-3 win over their local rivals . The bad thing was that the house he is staying at got broken into on only his third night . Phones , passport and a large amount of money got stolen.

Good start for Guff in Oz on the footy front Captain and under 19 coach & 2 goals.

Just his luck off the pitch!.

He will need his passport, to get back for his court appearance .

Queen of the South must and am sure are thriving to get to the top league and why not.

The top league has a far bigger and better following so why on earth would we want to stay where we are?

It could be the rangers & hearts Alloa, Dumbarton cowdenbeath or Celtic Aberdeen Dund utd Motherwell hibs killie etc you choose I know who I would rather play!

May or may not be interesting. League table between 1st December and now:

QoS 27 pts

Dundee 26 pts

Falkirk 25 pts

Dumbarton 22 pts

Hamilton 22 pts

Livingston 19 pts

Cowdenbeath 18 pts

Alloa Ath 14 pts

Raith Rov 11 pts

Morton 7 pts

Most clubs have played 14 games in that period. Alloa have played 15 though and Morton only 13.

Doesn't really mean an awful lot at the end of the day but it does show how consistent we've been over the last 3 or 4 months. We've lost three games in that period, once each to the three sides above us in the real table. As pointed out on the OS we haven't lost a match to anyone outside a playoff position since Dumbarton beat us back in September.

I just hope we haven't "peaked too early" because if we can keep this level of consistency going into the playoffs the momentum will definitely be with us. Certainly over a poor Premiership side that is used to losing.

The team that finishes in 4th place will need to beat the team in 3rd and then 2nd to get the chance to meet the Premiership team.