The Queen of the South thread

Queens threads are getting a little weird.

Some people object to discussion of the hypothetical on the grounds that it didn't happen.

Others object to discussion of the retro on the grounds that it didn't happen within the last twenty minutes.

All a little limiting and strange.

Queens threads are getting a bit weird.

Some people object to discussion of the hypothetical on the grounds that it didn't happen.

Others object to discussion of the retro on the grounds that it didn't happen within the last twenty minutes.

All a little limiting and strange.

A bit weird and a bit clique-ish IMO. At times it can feel like you have logged into a private chatroom instead of a public forum.

As for discussing hypothetical issues, fill your boots. If you are that interested in trying to establish a conclusion from a situation that can't be proved it is your time to waste as you wish. Of course the benefit from your point of view is that you can't be proved wrong. Hardly the basis for a meaningful discussion.

The "retro" quizzes are good because they bring back memories of games and players, good and not so good, that many have forgotten. I have followed Queens for more than 50 years although my recall of a lot of events is very poor and I take my hat off to those who can remember players and events in such detail.

A bit weird and a bit clique-ish IMO. At times it can feel like you have logged into a private chatroom instead of a public forum.

So it's the ones who are happy for discussion to career around all over the place, covering all manner of topics and eras who are being clique-ish, while those desperate to narrow the conversation and shut off certain avenues of discussion, are the all embracing members of a congregation of a broad church?

Yeah, ok.

Not exactly, I know nobody outside of P&B personally (That I'm aware of at least) but I'm still capable to have a decent and engaging conversation on here. it really isn't hard to go along with the conversation until someone changes it.

SUPERSOUTH has got previous for trying to change the topic if he isn't able to say something that he wants to say, usually he gets ignored because he usually completely misses the point but he seems to have succeeded.

I'm not a fan of these giant threads as If you go away for a while you have to sift through a few pages of mundane stuff and are impenetrable to other clubs fans. But the QOS one at least has a bit of variation to it and is a lot better than other sites.

Edited by Sloop John B

So it's the ones who are happy for discussion to career around all over the place, covering all manner of topics and eras who are being clique-ish, while those desperate to narrow the conversation and shut off certain avenues of discussion, are the all embracing members of a congregation of a broad church?

Yeah, ok.

The more variety the better. Thats my tuppenceworth .

Gavin Reilly should be offered a new contract for next season.

We seem to have signed up our other young players why not him.

Michael Paton should be offered a new contract as well.

What makes you think he hasn't been offered a new contract ?

Of all the players that Havn't signed yet for next season Gavin Reilly & Michael Paton are the two we need signed.

Lots of talk today at the ground about the pitch getting lifted at the end of the season and relayed what's going on? Has the surface been layed wrong or what?

The pitch was supposed to be the most modern type of its kind.

What makes you think he hasn't been offered a new contract ?

Reilly has been with us a few years now, coming through the youth system and with him still only 20 we would be due a bit of money if he moved on. Based on his performances especially since the turn of the year you would expect the Management and board would have already made him an offer. Look at the amounts a couple of teams got when their young players moved on.

It's perfectly understandable why Reilly would want to assess all his options before signing anything. It's not too long ago he was unfairly dropped to allow McIntyre to justify signing McHugh.

McHugh is average at best . Reilly with Lyle/Paton/ Russell / is a better option than McHugh

Anyone know what part of the ground the racial/sectarian chanting that has been mentioned in yesterday's programme/today's press originates from?! Disappointing if true.

Me thinks the Chairman has been made a fool of be a couple of random visiting fans to Palmerston . I was at the game & heard nothing plus every single person I spoke to yesterday agreed that there's was nothing OTT sung at the Dumbarton game .

The only trouble makers are the random fans who emailed him in the first place

Me thinks the Chairman has been made a fool of be a couple of random visiting fans to Palmerston . I was at the game & heard nothing plus every single person I spoke to yesterday agreed that there's was nothing OTT sung at the Dumbarton game .

The only trouble makers are the random fans who emailed him in the first place

Aye, I've certainly not heard anything of this nature on the terracing.

Why would there be any racial or sectarian abuse at a QoS v Dumbarton game anyway

A rather bizarre and untrue claim ;)

Very strange indeed never heard anything. The less said about this the better lets all nice on.

Pitch problems? Slyline Drifter any info you care to share?