The Queen of the South thread

Did anyone else see ex Queens winger Kevin McCann on the tv quiz programme ' Pointless' tonight ?

Didn't see it. Never in from work in time to see Pointless but was it definitely Kevin McCann? I've seen several people claim it was McCann but some others say it was Kevin Osnowski.

They are both before my time watching Queens so I wouldn't recognise either (and as I didn't see the programme it wouldn't make any odds to me anyway).

My mate phoned me and said that there was someone on the quiz show Pointless called Kevin who used to play for Queens . Turned on tv and said McCann down the phone almost straight away. For me , the wingers most memorable act was scoring the first goal in a famous - at the time - SC victory over Motherwell in early 80 at Palmerston. Strange seeing someone on television that I hadn't seen for over thirty years but recognised him instantly all the same.

Didn't see it. Never in from work in time to see Pointless but was it definitely Kevin McCann? I've seen several people claim it was McCann but some others say it was Kevin Osnowski.

They are both before my time watching Queens so I wouldn't recognise either (and as I didn't see the programme it wouldn't make any odds to me anyway).

The guy was called Kevan, rather than Kevin. I imagine that will narrow it.

My mate phoned me and said that there was someone on the quiz show Pointless called Kevin who used to play for Queens . Turned on tv and said McCann down the phone almost straight away. For me , the wingers most memorable act was scoring the first goal in a famous - at the time - SC victory over Motherwell in early 80 at Palmerston. Strange seeing someone on television that I hadn't seen for over thirty years but recognised him instantly all the same.

Wasnt at that Motherwell match but was at the loss to Partick Thistle in the next round. I wouldnt recognise Kevin McCann in a month of Sundays though.

I remember McCann reasonably well, but there's no chance I'd have recognised him either.

How did he do?

Got to the final round but failed to win the money and I am sure all his answers in the final round was wrong.

The final round questions was about England world cup finals.

He also didn't know what team Jamie Murphy played for in a football round.

Edited by booitsme7

From the OS

Would supporters please note that the Dumfries Bypass will be closed between the Glasgow Road and Cargenwater roundabouts all day on Saturday with traffic heading from East to West or West to East being diverted down Glasgow Street and the Castle Douglas Road to the junction at the Maxwelltown end of Buccleuch Street Bridge.

This will inevitably mean delays for supporters travelling to Saturday`s match by road. Please ensure you leave yourself enough time to get through the traffic and parked ahead of the match.

As we understand it, the same situation will be in place next Saturday when we are at home to Hamilton also.

Surely the roads authorities, local police etc would have liaised and planned this work for weekends when Queens are not at home.

From the OS

Would supporters please note that the Dumfries Bypass will be closed between the Glasgow Road and Cargenwater roundabouts all day on Saturday with traffic heading from East to West or West to East being diverted down Glasgow Street and the Castle Douglas Road to the junction at the Maxwelltown end of Buccleuch Street Bridge.

This will inevitably mean delays for supporters travelling to Saturday`s match by road. Please ensure you leave yourself enough time to get through the traffic and parked ahead of the match.

As we understand it, the same situation will be in place next Saturday when we are at home to Hamilton also.

Surely the roads authorities, local police etc would have liaised and planned this work for weekends when Queens are not at home.

In terms of traffic volume on the A75 on a given weekend, or even within the town, the impact of a home game would, I'd imagine, be pretty negligible.

Astonishing to think that Durnan wasn't first choice at the start of 13-14.

Ludicrous, he is one of the most composed players on the ball, as well as a very vocal presence in addition to being dominant in the air, he has a very bright future ahead of him. I'd definitely rate him up there as one of the better centre halves in this league.

McShane is getting better with every game.

I was at Falkirk and today . McShane has played well in both . Looks to be getting more aggressive and closing down his opponents more. Would love to eat my past words regarding him but lets see how he goes from now on.

Am 90% certain that the Kevin was not kevan McCann.

Mccann's main claim to fame was scoring for Airdrie in the 1975 cup final in a 3-1 defeat to Celtic and I think he would have mentioned that if reminiscing about his career. He also didn't look like McCann in the least.

I vaguely remember kevan osnowski and I would say it is more likely that this is who it was.

May be mistaken but I thought here were two osnowski brothers who played for queens in the 70s?

I was at Falkirk and today . McShane has played well in both . Looks to be getting more aggressive and closing down his opponents more. Would love to eat my past words regarding him but lets see how he goes from now on.

Quite agree with you regarding McShane's performances in the last two games but will he "keep the jersey" if we are in the position of having a full compliment of central midfielders available? IMO he hasn't showed a decent enough level of consistency over the season to guarantee a start every week but he is liked by McIntyre and his recent upturn in form may have come just at the right time for him.

Quite agree with you regarding McShane's performances in the last two games but will he "keep the jersey" if we are in the position of having a full compliment of central midfielders available? IMO he hasn't showed a decent enough level of consistency over the season to guarantee a start every week but he is liked by McIntyre and his recent upturn in form may have come just at the right time for him.

Lovejoy is signed up for next season, and has carried on playing on despite needing an operation, prob arranged for end of season.

Am 90% certain that the Kevin was not kevan McCann.

Mccann's main claim to fame was scoring for Airdrie in the 1975 cup final in a 3-1 defeat to Celtic and I think he would have mentioned that if reminiscing about his career. He also didn't look like McCann in the least.

I vaguely remember kevan osnowski and I would say it is more likely that this is who it was.

May be mistaken but I thought here were two osnowski brothers who played for queens in the 70s?

I think you are probably correct. Can`t see that if it was McCann he wouldn`t mention a cup final goal.

There were 2 Osnowski brothers.