The Queen of the South thread

He's away to think about that one, should get an answer in a day or two.

Maybe he has better things to do than stare at the screen waiting for the next reply. He may actually work for living rather than people with time on their hands like you who may be retired, unemployed or better still work in the public sector.

Can't speak for him personally but I'd imagine nobody is too happy with the way things have gone this season so far but it could be so much worse , just look at Morton :)

As you say, it could be worse of course! However, when the team is under performing which it certainly has at various times this season, and the manager is making some questionable decisions shall we say - then you are always going to get a negative reaction and I personally make no apology for not doing cartwheels because we're now a few points above 9th place.

We don't need to look far for JRSLP's thoughts on whether he is happy with the manger. From the mad site on 6 January we have the following (which includes a stat (albeit incorrect)

"No, he isn't the man to take us forward and has been a dissapointing appointment. He is going around in circles with his team selections and now seems to be no further forward in getting his preferred eleven than he was at the start of the season. He finally 'stumbled ' across our best back four and then amazingly has started to pick it apart again. We had a centre half playing left back instead of our established left back and this was just nonsensical . We then proceeded to lose two goals in ten minutes and effectively the game was out of reach. If I was Blount or Hewittson , I wouldn't trust him bringing in another player but on the other hand we must ensure we are in this league next season. Food for thought now . We have only beaten one full time team in the Championship and its a team that everyone is beating . To say we are underachieving with what we have is a big understatement.

And this

"This game against Dundee was the ONLY one I have seen this season where we have played the kind of sustained, expansive football that I KNOW we are capable of . So frustrating when we know what we can do and it isn't happening."

And this (including a reference to "hens" and "diet hens" the meaning of which isn't clear perhaps he'd care to explain). Anyway, he clearly thinks we are involved in a relegation scrap.

"The bottom end of the league will be a rats nest to the end of season now. No one will give up with the promise of big pay days next season. Look at Cowdenbeath for instance . They could have the ****, diet **** ,nearby Falkirk and two Fife derbies at their tip IF they stay up ."

And this from a recently as 8 January

"I don't think being frustrated beyond belief at our managers tinkering about and knowing we can play better is anything to do with being deluded."

So, if I have an agenda - to explain that the manager's tinkering has affected our results, it is one shared by JRSLP.

So, I don't know what his agenda is in trying to distance himself from criticism of the manager on here, whilst doing precisely that on the mad site.

However, each to their own.

And this from a recently as 8 January

"I don't think being frustrated beyond belief at our managers tinkering about and knowing we can play better is anything to do with being deluded."

So, if I have an agenda - to explain that the manager's tinkering has affected our results, it is one shared by JRSLP.

So, I don't know what his agenda is in trying to distance himself from criticism of the manager on here, whilst doing precisely that on the mad site.

However, each to their own.

Ah good Flash , thanks for getting back to me . Yes , I have said that he isn't the man to take us forward because I don't reckon he is . I am pretty damn sure I have said as much here as well . I comment on what I see ie if its good then good and bad its bad. .The difference is that I actually want McIntyre to do well but very strangely , I am not so sure that you or others do .The other difference is that I am probably well enough known , not hiding behind any username and can be pulled up on any quotes made as I don't mind at all. Hope I have made myself quite clear and if I haven't then you know where to ask. I am glad to see you read the MAD site and finally , will the put me up a form table over the last twi months ? A man of your numerical capablity will be able to get that up in no time . Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Maybe he has better things to do than stare at the screen waiting for the next reply. He may actually work for living rather than people with time on their hands like you who may be retired, unemployed or better still work in the public sector.

If he is in the public sector then yes he will have more time than me . At least his pal Flash goes to the games unlike this utter clown that doesn't contribute anything into the club.

Not got time to look into it in much detail but MacPherson's side collected the following after 9 and 18 games:

1st Quarter - 8pts

2nd Quarter - 7pts

After 20 games - 17 pts compared to 25pts for the current side.

1st Quarter - 9pts

2nd Quarter - 13pts (with an o/s fixture in hand so might get it to 14 or even 16pts yet)

3rd Quarter - 3pts (out of six so far)

I don't have time to work out how that compares directly to other sides by quarter but the form table (last eight games) should be roughly similar and can be found here:

http://stats.football365.com/dom/SCO/D1/oform.html

We're 4th in that and defending a loss in the game that will drop off this weekend so anything we get might move us up (though Livingston are also dropping off a loss).

Ah good Flash , thanks for getting back to me . Yes , I have said that he isn't the man to take us forward because I don't reckon he is . I am pretty damn sure I have said as much here as well . I comment on what I see ie if its good then good and bad its bad. .The difference is that I actually want McIntyre to do well but very strangely , I am not so sure that you or others do . Hope I have made myself quite clear and if I haven't then you know where to ask. I am glad to see you read the MAD site and finally , will the put me up a form table over the last twi months ? A man of your numerical capablity will be able to get that up in no time .

I expect he could but I already linked to it in the post above.

No idea if there was every anything in it, but remember this from back in 2002?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/125435/South-in-hunt-for-Gazza.html

It was a nothing story. Given that Gascoigne was friendly with Keith Houliston and stayed at the Nith a few times and we then had Goram it was easy to put two and two together when nobody had even considered adding them up at the time. What probably happened is somebody said "I wonder if Gazza would consider finishing his career here" and it grew arms and legs. Certainly I've pretty sure nobody ever actually spoke to Gazza about moving here and we didn't "miss out" on him.

If he is in the public sector then yes he will have more time than me . At least his pal Flash goes to the games unlike this utter clown that doesn't contribute anything into the club.

Listen chump, I have no idea who you are or what you do and have no interest in finding out.

Unlike your agenda of trying to find out personal details which I would be worried if some nutter like you had access to them.

It was a nothing story. Given that Gascoigne was friendly with Keith Houliston and stayed at the Nith a few times and we then had Goram it was easy to put two and two together when nobody had even considered adding them up at the time. What probably happened is somebody said "I wonder if Gazza would consider finishing his career here" and it grew arms and legs. Certainly I've pretty sure nobody ever actually spoke to Gazza about moving here and we didn't "miss out" on him.

Wasn't there a similar rumour linking us to Sasa Circic towards the arse end of his career? The fact he was friendly with the local Yugoslavian family and that he played for Partizan Belgrade that night at Palmerston made some folk think he felt some sort of affinity towards the club.

Wasn't there a similar rumour linking us to Sasa Circic towards the arse end of his career? The fact he was friendly with the local Yugoslavian family and that he played for Partizan Belgrade that night at Palmerston made some folk think he felt some sort of affinity towards the club.

Was the story not that Norman Blount had tried to raise funds to get him from Partizan before he actually went to Bolton?

That's pretty much how I remember it.

All just daft rumours though!