Colin Mcmenamin, Lee Robinson.

Nos 10 and 7

Ryan McGuffie
Allan Johnston
Colin McMenamin
Ryan Conroy

Nos 3, 6, 10 and 9

Roddy McKenzie

Not sure about these two keepers but what about Alex Mitchell and Ross Hyslop.

I know Hyslop went to Motherwell and sure he came back.

Nos 4, 5 and 8 (and those were the two difficult ones I thought might be slightly awkward!

1. Sean O'Connor (Unattached - out of retirement and had played a couple of trials at Annan)

2. Danny Carmichael (Gretna 2008)

3. Ryan McGuffie (Morton)

4. Roddy McKenzie (Livingston)

5. Ross Hyslop (Motherwell)

6. Allan Johnston (St Mirren)

7. Lee Robinson (Kilmarnock)

8. Alex Mitchell (Gretna 2008)

9. Ryan Conroy (Loan from Celtic)

10. Colin McMenamin (Dundee)

So a short list and it didn't take long to fill them all in. A mixed bag in terms of success and failure. Two of his 10 are still with us now (McGuffie and Carmichael, though he can take no credit in the Carmichael signing as it was set up before his was in charge).

Of the other eight, Allan Johnston, Colin McMenamin and Lee Robinson did well for us (though Robbo only turned into an exceptional keeper when Gus signed him for a third time). Ryan Conroy was decent too, if not exceptional.

Sean O'Connor wasn't up to it when he returned really. McKenzie didn't work out in goal. Hyslop was basically injured for his entire year back. Alex Mitchell was a 28 day signing to help us out as we'd no fit keepers to start the season after Hutton and McKenzie both got crocked. Mitchell never actually played for us, he just sat on the bench for a couple of games.

1. Sean O'Connor (Unattached - out of retirement and had played a couple of trials at Annan)

2. Danny Carmichael (Gretna 2008)

3. Ryan McGuffie (Morton)

4. Roddy McKenzie (Livingston)

5. Ross Hyslop (Motherwell)

6. Allan Johnston (St Mirren)

7. Lee Robinson (Kilmarnock)

8. Alex Mitchell (Gretna 2008)

9. Ryan Conroy (Loan from Celtic)

10. Colin McMenamin (Dundee)

So a short list and it didn't take long to fill them all in. A mixed bag in terms of success and failure. Two of his 10 are still with us now (McGuffie and Carmichael, though he can take no credit in the Carmichael signing as it was set up before his was in charge).

Of the other eight, Allan Johnston, Colin McMenamin and Lee Robinson did well for us (though Robbo only turned into an exceptional keeper when Gus signed him for a third time). Ryan Conroy was decent too, if not exceptional.

Sean O'Connor wasn't up to it when he returned really. McKenzie didn't work out in goal. Hyslop was basically injured for his entire year back. Alex Mitchell was a 28 day signing to help us out as we'd no fit keepers to start the season after Hutton and McKenzie both got crocked. Mitchell never actually played for us, he just sat on the bench for a couple of games.

Was it not Brannigan who first sign Gavin Reilly for Queens?

Was it not Brannigan who first sign Gavin Reilly for Queens?

Nowhere near it.

Gavin signed for us the first time in September 2007 as a 14 year old after leaving Rangers youth set up. He left to join Carlisle about a year later but re-signed for the youth set up in March 2009 at 16 when Gordon Chisholm was manager, though he had nothing to do with the youth set up. It was Andy Irving who brought him back in I think. He's been with us ever since, though he was loaned to Gretna for most of the 2010/11 season which was Brannigan's full season in charge. It was MacPherson who first signed him to a full time first team contract, though he had previously made his first team debut under Brannigan before that loan spell at Gretna.

All this talk of signings got me thinking. What about the ones that got away? Who was the biggest name that a QoS manager tried to sign but missed out on? Obviously we won't know most of them as we won't have been privy to the info but there must be a few names that have been leaked over the years.

Jokers suggesting Ronaldo, Messi or Pele will be swiftly kicked in the chuff! :P

All this talk of signings got me thinking. What about the ones that got away? Who was the biggest name that a QoS manager tried to sign but missed out on? Obviously we won't know most of them as we won't have been privy to the info but there must be a few names that have been leaked over the years.

Well as recently mentioned in the thread, Rob Lee is the obvious one. He was spoken to about a possible move by Iain Scott and did come to training one night but it didn't go any further. Can't recall if he then signed somewhere else or just retired.

I may have forgotten someone but I'm genuinely not conscious of any major signings that we got close to but didn't make. McCall tried to sign Carl Finnigan from Newcastle but he went to Falkirk instead and had a half decent career in Scotland. He was still with Dundee last season wasn't he? No idea where he is now. There was a Newcastle winger Iain Scott nearly got in on loan too but he ended up going to Carlisle instead and had a few years at a decent level. Name escapes me at the moment though.

We also nearly signed Ian Harty at some point. I think that might also have been Iain Scott's time. It was before he went to Hamilton. I suspect that was a lucky escape though.

He came throught the youth set up, he was only on loan at Gretna, after he had made and scored on his debut for us.

Thanks for the Scotland Uni score, strong side from them.

Second... I presume... warm-up game of the season for the Scottish Universities national team tomorrow at Queen of the South (though the article is titled "St Johnstone" - were they to play them, at Spartans?).

Squad:

http://www.scottishs...&nid=SUS-N11942

Mark Tait

Edinburgh

Edinburgh University FC

Mark Whatley

Edinburgh

Spartans FC

Neil McCabe

Edinburgh Napier

Forfar Athletic FC

Craig Hill

Glasgow

Glasgow University

Derick Moore

Glasgow

Glasgow University

Ross Gallacher

Glasgow

Glasgow University

Cameron Dunn

Heriot-Watt

Heriot-Watt University FC

Sean Muhsin

Heriot-Watt

Spartans FC

Callum Burns

Stirling

Stirling University FC

Elliot Sutcliffe

Stirling

Stirling University FC

Jack Nixon

Stirling

Stirling University FC

James Dale

Stirling

Forfar Athletic FC

James Drummond

Stirling

St Andrews United JFC

Paul Sludden

Stirling

Stirling University FC

Rob Pearson

Stirling

Stirling University FC

Ryan Marshall

Stirling

Stirling University FC

Brandon Longcake

Strathclyde

Gretna 08 FC

Frankie Lennan

Dundee Abertay

Forfar Athletic

Nowhere near it.

Gavin signed for us the first time in September 2007 as a 14 year old after leaving Rangers youth set up. He left to join Carlisle about a year later but re-signed for the youth set up in March 2009 at 16 when Gordon Chisholm was manager, though he had nothing to do with the youth set up. It was Andy Irving who brought him back in I think. He's been with us ever since, though he was loaned to Gretna for most of the 2010/11 season which was Brannigan's full season in charge. It was MacPherson who first signed him to a full time first team contract, though he had previously made his first team debut under Brannigan before that loan spell at Gretna.

Thanks for that. I thought he was signed for you when he scored his fist goal against Dumbarton before he was sent out to Gretna.

Jokers suggesting Ronaldo, Messi or Pele will be swiftly kicked in the chuff! :P

No idea if there was every anything in it, but remember this from back in 2002?

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/125435/South-in-hunt-for-Gazza.html

Well, quite clearly, for those of us who are critical of McIntyre the comparison was of more use when it was closer.

Now however, we're thankfully performing markedly better than Gus' much poorer side were, the comparison is less illustrative than was the case.

It doesn't really represent any great triumph for McIntyre or his apologists though.

That says it all really . Instead of all the clubs form being relevant , only bad is and certainly not a run of better form. This becauses it suits the agenda of the stats man and his select group. His careful and extensive ' look at' goes into hibernation indefinitely . The calculator with the negative digits gets put back into the drawer until a horrendous run of form appears and it will gleefully be used again. I am sure you know exactly what I mean MT but each ( including you) to their own.

That says it all really . Instead of all the clubs form being relevant , only bad is and certainly not a run of better form. This becauses it suits the agenda of the stats man and his select group. His careful and extensive ' look at' goes into hibernation indefinitely . The calculator with the negative digits gets put back into the drawer until a horrendous run of form appears and it will gleefully be used again. I am sure you know exactly what I mean MT but each ( including you) to their own.

Have you been happy with how the team have performed this season?

Have you been happy with how the team have performed this season?

Can't speak for him personally but I'd imagine nobody is too happy with the way things have gone this season so far but it could be so much worse , just look at Morton :)

Don't get the impression though that he's the type who spits the dummy out and doesn't attend matches just because the manager selects a certain player .