The Queen of the South thread

This is beyond parody

It is but he has a point. I don't think it helps if people have a go at Antell during the match. Every game I've seen him play (including twice for East Fife), he has looked dodgy. I just don't think there's any point in hurling abuse at him as he'll be feeling worse than any of us. But he is simply not good enough.

Edited by MB

It's baffling to realise that Antell & Rab Douglas were both watched by McIntyre during the summer and McIntyre thought Antell was the better idea.

It's not baffling when you realise McIntyre hasn't got a clue what he's doing. Sadly, I am coming to that conclusion.

Its really beyond a joke now and I actually feel sorry for Antell. He is totally out of his depth and should be taken out of the firing line before his confidence is absolutely shattered. He would have been a decent back-up keeper for us this season, but no way is he good enough yet to be first choice.

Its really beyond a joke now and I actually feel sorry for Antell. He is totally out of his depth and should be taken out of the firing line before his confidence is absolutely shattered. He would have been a decent back-up keeper for us this season, but no way is he good enough yet to be first choice.

His confidence must be shattered by now. We have no right to expect a McGurn or a McGovern, but Antell is out of his depth. I thought Mitchell at Stranraer looked a decent keeper last season but then again I've only seen him play twice.

What do people think the chances are of Allan Johnston being back in charge before the end of the season?

I would say unlikely, i would doubt Michael Johnston would want to spend money to sack him, but if they get taken over he could be out. But mcintyre could be out long before that on current form.

Edited by Sloop John B

You at the game?

Nope. Living in Stirling atm but I try to get to as many games as possible. Nothing against Antell, but the reality is, a goalkeeper as error prone as him just doesn't cut it at this level. You can argue that Antell is young and low in confidence, which is totally valid, but when a keeper is incapable of performing simple tasks which would be expected of him questions have to be asked. I wish him the best but he's way out of his depth. McIntyre must take some of the blame aswell.

The thing about Atkinson is that none of us have really seen him , not unless you go to reserve games and don't know how good he is .This is quite a desperate situation though and he can't be any worse. Agree that its very counter productive getting on Antells back though and will make things even worse. The boy is doing his best and thats all he can do. JM has not got a good reputation for signing goalkeepers

Edited by JRS LEFT PEG

Nope. Living in Stirling atm but I try to get to as many games as possible. Nothing against Antell, but the reality is, a goalkeeper as error prone as him just doesn't cut it at this level. You can argue that Antell is young and low in confidence, which is totally valid, but when a keeper is incapable of performing simple tasks which would be expected of him questions have to be asked. I wish him the best but he's way out of his depth. McIntyre must take some of the blame aswell.

Am not saying the keeper never made a mistake but if you were here you would see he's not the only one at fault that's all am saying.