The Queen of the South thread

Guest TOPFITTER

That sounds a bit old for fun fours to me. My wee fella plays in that and has done for two years. He's just turned seven.

They usually move on to fives from P4.

Sorry, I just help get the clubs involved and we kind of make the best job we can with the clubs that come. We use Samba goals that they use in Fun Fours, I'm sure at times it will have been 6 or 7 a-side and of various ages. it's all about getting them to feel involved with the Club and getting the chance to show a crowd their skills and get the chance to play at Palmerston, maybe get a picture and a word with a couple of players. These kids are future Players/Supporters I hope and I hope they enjoy their day out.

As an aside, Junior Blues newsletter available at the Club tomorrow :thumsup2 :thumsup2 :thumsup2

Guest TOPFITTER

Well done TF keep up the good work. :)

Why thanks Hawk, but it's not just me, Christine normally does the Match Mascots then we manage the half-time stuff together, Malcolm tries to film the entertainment and of course there's Club coaches, kids and parents. The Club and Club staff are fully supportive and the crowd normally are generous with their acknowledgement. The Team Management, staff and players help too. From the Trust's point of view this really is Club-Trust-Community in action together. Hope this does not sound to sycophantic for the more sceptical ;)

Guest TOPFITTER

Confirmation from my Old Dear that he is playing for Uppers at h/t. Don't want to jinx him but he's quite good. Look out for Scott Little!

Will put the pressure on and tell him his Uncle from OZ is waiting for a report !!!

Why thanks Hawk, but it's not just me, Christine normally does the Match Mascots then we manage the half-time stuff together, Malcolm tries to film the entertainment and of course there's Club coaches, kids and parents. The Club and Club staff are fully supportive and the crowd normally are generous with their acknowledgement. The Team Management, staff and players help too. From the Trust's point of view this really is Club-Trust-Community in action together. Hope this does not sound to sycophantic for the more sceptical ;)

Ok then, well done to everyone involved. :)

It's great to see the excitement on the youngsters faces as the gather outside the ground prior to the game. Judging by some of the celebrations from goal scorers or the keepers who make the saves, they really feel proud and enjoy the experience of playing on the pitch at halftime in front of the crowd.

I wonder how many of the youngsters had a good sleep last night?

Edited by Hawk

I wander how many of the youngsters had a good sleep last night?

According to my brother, my nephew was up *very* early! Plus they are heading to the sports shop to get a new pair of astroturf boots for the occasion.

I reckon Jim McIntyre has to get this team playing well and picking up regular points over the next 6 games or the Board might look to make a change.

That would mean he has had 14 league games to show us what he can do and i think its reasonable to form an opinion at that stage as to whether things are working out or not.

Football Boards also tend to look to make a change at the end of November because any new man then has about a month to assess what players he needs to bring in during the January transfer window (like an experienced goalkeeper, for example!)

Dont know if Jim is on a 1 or 2 year contract, but i would hope that any pay-off sum is already written into the contract and that it wouldn't be a stumbling block to a change if the Board felt this was required. If attendances start dropping, that will also be a consideration for them.

I hope Jim McIntyre can turn it around, but I'm not convinced he will.

I reckon Jim McIntyre has to get this team playing well and picking up regular points over the next 6 games or the Board might look to make a change.

That would mean he has had 14 league games to show us what he can do and i think its reasonable to form an opinion at that stage as to whether things are working out or not.

Football Boards also tend to look to make a change at the end of November because any new man then has about a month to assess what players he needs to bring in during the January transfer window (like an experienced goalkeeper, for example!)

Dont know if Jim is on a 1 or 2 year contract, but i would hope that any pay-off sum is already written into the contract and that it wouldn't be a stumbling block to a change if the Board felt this was required. If attendances start dropping, that will also be a consideration for them.

I hope Jim McIntyre can turn it around, but I'm not convinced he will.

He's on a two year contract I think so to make a change would be very expensive for club.

Sorry, I just help get the clubs involved and we kind of make the best job we can with the clubs that come. We use Samba goals that they use in Fun Fours, I'm sure at times it will have been 6 or 7 a-side and of various ages.

Ah that makes sense. Well done for all the efforts towards making good community links.

Sadly, I don't think Atkinson is up to it. Antell sure as hell isn't, that's for sure. McIntyre is to blame for this dreadful start to the season.

Is there any money to bring in another keeper (like Ludovic Roy)? Starting to feel really sorry for the guy when I read about him every week.

Is there any money to bring in another keeper (like Ludovic Roy)? Starting to feel really sorry for the guy when I read about him every week.

I don't know about the money but the situation is quite desperate if you have a lousy keeper. I feel bad writing about him because he's just a young lad but he is awful. It is obvious the defence have the jitters because they have no confidence in him. At least Antell has nice hair, though.

Ludo was great for us for a couple of months and then suffered a hip injury. He's not played very many games in the past three years or so.

Let's all blame the keeper again! Aye it was a blooper but the defence is a joke!!!! He shouldn't be allowed a shot in the first place. And all the tubes behind the goal will give him a massive confidence boost!

This is beyond parody