The Queen of the South thread

I dont agree. If you look through the other SPL clubs, there are 3, possibly even 5 that he might rule out simply down to geography. I dont see the fact that he has spoken to Killie as any kind of proof that he would automatically go to St Mirren or Partick, for example. That would leave Motherwell, Celtic, Hearts and Hibs as the other SPL clubs - all comfortably bigger than Killie.

I'm a big fan usually Mr X, but the above strikes me as a fairly bizarre post.

Are you seriously suggesting that he'd snub Aberdeen on the grounds of geography?

Talking to Killie isn't proof that he'd go to St Mirren, but it suggests strongly that he would.

The suggestion that Motherwell is a "comfortably bigger" club than Kilmarnock is also weird.

Are you seriously suggesting that he'd snub Aberdeen on the grounds of geography?

Talking to Killie isn't proof that he'd go to St Mirren, but it suggests strongly that he would.

The suggestion that Motherwell is a "comfortably bigger" club than Kilmarnock is also weird.

Considering the man moved to france when he was playing, I agree, it's bizarre. However, I do agree with him on the partick and st mirren front, as I don't think either will ever be top 6 sides, so he would be on a hiding to nothing.

No, not really. But if you take them out of the "geography" pot and add them to the "comfortably bigger" pot, the point still stands.

Why exactly? As I said in another post, if Killie turned him down then I would absolutely agree. But if he turns them down, that doesnt make it any more, or less, likely that he would talk to any other club.

Depends on your definition, I suppose. Motherwell have considerably outperformed Killie in the last few seasons, are relatively stable off the field and have a manager who has been targeted by clubs in England. Maybe "comfortably more attractive" would have been a better description.

Considering the man moved to france when he was playing, I agree, it's bizarre. However, I do agree with him on the partick and st mirren front, as I don't think either will ever be top 6 sides, so he would be on a hiding to nothing.

Bit of a difference between a 23 year old moving abroad near the start of his career - presumably vastly increasing his earnings - and a 39 year old moving his family just to manage a slightly bigger football team.

There is not a chance in hell AJ would give any bigger club a KB due to location.

I agree. If an SPL club come along and offer better money then he will be away. On that basis. I think he will be away tomorrow.

While I will be disappointed, at the same time that's what happens when you have success.

Really tough decision for AJ to make and thats is why he is agonising for so long. Bigger club with problems or smaller but stable club ? I have absolutely no doubts at all that we would not have seen him for dust if Killie did not have so much financial and civil unrest . The thing about these kind of dilemma's is that whatever decision he makes , he won't be 100% convinced he has made the correct one. Do we really need a manager who decides to stay and isn't entirely focused . This could be the case . If I was a betting man , I think he is just trying to iron a few things out before leaving . We will see , can't be long now before we hear ( from the press) of the decisionSent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

one things for sure JRS the official site won't keep you updated.

Anyway I don't agree that just because AJ has spoken to killie we can't get behind him and push us on next season.

Any thoughts on Craig Gordon being a QOS player?

Really tough decision for AJ to make and thats is why he is agonising for so long. Bigger club with problems or smaller but stable club ? I have absolutely no doubts at all that we would not have seen him for dust if Killie did not have so much financial and civil unrest . The thing about these kind of dilemma's is that whatever decision he makes , he won't be 100% convinced he has made the correct one. Do we really need a manager who decides to stay and isn't entirely focused . This could be the case . If I was a betting man , I think he is just trying to iron a few things out before leaving . We will see , can't be long now before we hear ( from the press) of the decisionSent from my GT-S5839i using Pie & Bovril mobile app

one things for sure JRS the official site won't keep you updated.

Anyway I don't agree that just because AJ has spoken to killie we can't get behind him and push us on next season.

Any thoughts on Craig Gordon being a QOS player?

Craig Gordon is the greatest Scottish goalkeeper of my lifetime. I know his stock has fallen recently due to a horrific run with injuries, but I would still rate the chances of him joining us as slim to nil.

Without opening a can of worms here Andy Goram for me was the best Scottish goalkeeper in my life time.

Your probably right to be honest just something a heard last night.

I wouldn't have us as favourites to sign him even if it was just a battle between first division clubs.

Surely there would be interest from England and the SPL if he is indeed ready to start playing again?

d

Either would I and like I say your probably right, would it shock me if he signed for a 1st div team? No.